Can someone explain the UGA rumors?

@ am1640 and IHATETHISPLACE:

I've never seen any of the 3 live. Im working from the info available in the marketplace. It seems that our staff thinks Yearby and Michel are the best two of these three. THAT is what makes Cook a Plan B kid. Its not based on raw talent.

The raw talent idea is what will make Cook a Plan A for our staff if Sony chooses UGA.

If Cook is Plan B and Yearby is Plan A, we need a new plan.

Sony, Cook, and Yearby are ALL plan 1A. Their recruitments have nothing to do with each other, we want all of them.

Advertisement
But seriously if Sony is a true Cane and grew up the biggest fan then he will come to Miami and if he doesn't then he never was a true Cane at heart. You have your dream school recruiting you hard and for a while now so don't say you will be a cane no matter where you go. Hope he comes we need him!

Or he's taking his decision with his head and not his heart... On a business stand point of view, UGA is a really good place to be, better than UM right now.

If you look at it like that maybe but at the same time not all the players do that. It's more then just on the field

The better business decision is probably still with Miami. No one is going to match our offensive line class coming and he would be playing in a conference that's much easier on a running back physically. He's going to get the amount of carries he wants in his career wherever he's going so that's not an issue and either will production. Duke almost gained 1,000 his freshman year as a backup and I think we all see Sony as the same caliber of player. What puts UGA ahead of us so much right now as a program is their defense, pro won't give a **** about that.

If what you mean by business decision is $EC shenanigans then that's a different story.

But seriously if Sony is a true Cane and grew up the biggest fan then he will come to Miami and if he doesn't then he never was a true Cane at heart. You have your dream school recruiting you hard and for a while now so don't say you will be a cane no matter where you go. Hope he comes we need him!

Or he's taking his decision with his head and not his heart... On a business stand point of view, UGA is a really good place to be, better than UM right now.

Says who? The record last yr? What a year ago , rix was getting fired. Mia has commited maybe the best oline class in the nation. 3-4 yrs who will be on top? Uga?mia ? Who knows but Mia is on the rise if you can't see it , your blind.

Says who? The record last yr? What a year ago , rix was getting fired. Mia has commited maybe the best oline class in the nation. 3-4 yrs who will be on top? Uga?mia ? Who knows but Mia is on the rise if you can't see it , your blind.

Butthurt a little or what? Yeah, Miami is on the rise, yeah the oline class is awesome but playing in the SEC title and behind 2 future NFLer is something Miami can't offer. Will Miami be better than UGA in 3 years? I hope they'll but the fact is right now they are not.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Miami would be a bad business decision, but I do think UGA is a little bit ahead of Miami in this aspect and if Sony is taking a business decision, I wouldn't be surprise if he ends up at UGA. If you can't see it, you're the blind one. But yeah, I guess it's nice to wear your orange&green glass.

Butthurt a little or what? Yeah, Miami is on the rise, yeah the oline class is awesome but playing in the SEC title and behind 2 future NFLer is something Miami can't offer. Will Miami be better than UGA in 3 years? I hope they'll but the fact is right now they are not.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Miami would be a bad business decision, but I do think UGA is a little bit ahead of Miami in this aspect and if Sony is taking a business decision, I wouldn't be surprise if he ends up at UGA. If you can't see it, you're the blind one. But yeah, I guess it's nice to wear your orange&green glass.
2 future nflers ? Who are you talking about. And lol at but hurt. Just keepin it real. Ohh and I must be blind

Advertisement
We have a bunch of woe is me, soft shouldered, weak minded fans. I am glad duke had the nuts to come to Mia.

If Sony goes to UGA, I don't wanna ever hear about a recruit growing up a diehard Canes fan. **** is like a death sentence.

2 future nflers ? Who are you talking about. And lol at but hurt. Just keepin it real. Ohh and I must be blind

Tj gurley amd Keith Marshall will both play in the league.

Advertisement
UGA is due to produce another dull Richt season soon. watch for it!!

Their deal usually is to lose 2 or 3 games early and then dig their way out for a chance at the division title to lose to Bama or LSU in the SECCG.

Then the talk radio up here is nothing but fans calling for everyone's head.

So since 2001 Miami is 2nd only to USC in players drafted.

247 ranked Miami as RB U, and they are SEC homers.

Miami has a better education than UGA.

UGA is the most underachieving program of the last 25 years.

2 SEC Titles with 1 BCS win over that span. All while consistently bringing in top 5-10 classes.

Also his family can watch without all the $$ associated with 10 hour drives, and weekend stays to watch him play.

Business decision? I think theirs 1 obvious choice here

Last edited:

Tj gurley amd Keith Marshall will both play in the league.

so will duke johnson and mo hagens.

Advertisement
UGA is due to produce another dull Richt season soon. watch for it!!

Their deal usually is to lose 2 or 3 games early and then dig their way out for a chance at the division title to lose to Bama or LSU in the SECCG.

Then the talk radio up here is nothing but fans calling for everyone's head.

Actually, that's what they did year before last. Before these past two seasons, and one of the main reasons why Richt was rumored to be on the chopping block when they started the 2011 season off 0-2, they hadn't been to the SECCG in 6 years. Things were especially bad heading into that 2011 season because South Carolina represented the East in 2010.

Honestly, I'm probably in the minority, but I'm hoping Michel waits until closer to NSD to commit. I'm banking on UGA coming back down to Earth next year. Three of their first four games are against Clemson, South Carolina, and LSU. If they falter early and the Richt rumors start flying, I'm interested in seeing how Michel takes that into consideration. Basically, I'm banking on them not doing so well this year while also banking on UM playing well this season. We shall see how it goes.

Last edited:
Getting only 1 of 3 of Michel, Yearby, Cook is a fail.

Period.

Disagree. 2 of 3 would be a great haul, and losing Sony, who everyone thought was a lock since 8th grade, will def hurt, but if the 1 guy we get pans out as an elite player,we are fine. While we aren't deep, RB is a position we can fill with top tier talent if we start winning, esp if the depth chart is favorable, and SoFla is loaded at RB every year.

Advertisement

2 SEC Titles with 1 BCS win over that span. All while consistently bringing in top 5-10 classes.

Also his family can watch without all the $$ associated with 10 hour drives, and weekend stays to watch him play.

His family is part of the heart decision.

A recruit shouldn't give a **** about the last 25 years or since 2001, it's not the same coaching staff. That's a fan argument, but in the eyes of a recruit, it's weak as f*ck.

247 ranked Miami as RB U because they looked at the last 15 years and **** yeah we are RB U, but if you look at the last 5, we are nowhere near where we were, sadly.

A recruit shouldn't give a **** about the last 25 years or since 2001, it's not the same coaching staff. That's a fan argument, but in the eyes of a recruit, it's weak as f*ck.

247 ranked Miami as RB U because they looked at the last 15 years and **** yeah we are RB U, but if you look at the last 5, we are nowhere near where we were, sadly.

yea UGA can make an argument for being one play away from the NC game

Soo let's look at now. Mia oline is off the charts good per the experts. A freshman running back just gained almost 1000 yds. But yea Mia is not a good desicion.

When and if Sony has the balls to stay home. Neggs to the Uga lovers in the house.

So I am on a miami message board trying to convince miami fans why miami is the best place for a miami running back. SMH

Advertisement
Back