Can someone explain the UGA rumors?

Hoosiercane3

Freshman
Why are the Sony rumors to UGA so strong? Jc Shurburt or someone tweeted predictions and 8 of 8 people had him going to UGA. What is driving these thoughts?

Advertisement
I wouldn't say it's a forgone conclusion he's going to UGA, we all know it's a 2 team race between us and them, and I still feel like we have a way better shot at getting Sony than any of the so called experts think.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say it's a forgone conclusion he's going to UGA, we all know it's a 2 team race between us and them, and I still feel like we have a way better shot at getting Sony than any of the so called experts think.

Let's hope so. Sony is a peg below Adrian Peterson, but he's a friggin rockstar.

Let's hope so. Sony is a peg below Adrian Peterson, but he's a friggin rockstar.

I really feel like the local pressure will be enough to keep him home, and it seems like his family wants him here as well.

I really feel like the local pressure will be enough to keep him home, and it seems like his family wants him here as well.

That is what every optimistic cane fan says to try and rationalize the behaviors of 17 year old kids. More often than not, when you're saying this is because the signs are pointing to him going elsewhere. I hope I am wrong.

Advertisement
If he doesn't come here, I'm fine with UGA... he will make Gainesville miserable yearly.. a good thing!

Nah it's ok we don't need him, there's other options just as good

/sarcastically imitating some porsters on this board

That is what every optimistic cane fan says to try and rationalize the behaviors of 17 year old kids. More often than not, when you're saying this is because the signs are pointing to him going elsewhere. I hope I am wrong.

Agree with what you are saying it's just a gut feel at this point, not so much a rationalization. I am also not one to bash kids when they handle thier recruitment the way Sony has, he has been close to the vest much of the time and has handled this with maturity and character thus far so if he chooses to go elsewhere it will sting like **** but I am not going to bash him.

Nah it's ok we don't need him, there's other options just as good

/sarcastically imitating some porsters on this board

I like Yearby a lot, but the first porster that comes in here if/when Sony picks UGA spouting off at the mouth about how Yearby is better will be negged to Bolivian.

Advertisement
Im a little confused by it as well.... Ive never read one article that says he likes or favors UGA over any other school. Im not doubting that JC and these guys who follow and report recruiting aren't accurate, Im just intrigued as why they think its UGA.... Ive never heard any of them explain once why thats all

Advertisement
Getting only 1 of 3 of Michel, Yearby, Cook is a fail.

Period.

Not much wiggle room either. 2 of 3 is hitting the jackpot IMO, and 1 of 3 is incredibly disappointing, especially if we miss on Sony. Anyone who entertained the thought of getting all 3 probably doesn't follow recruiting very closely.

Unfortunately for him, his recruiting will not be over when he commits. No coach will just give up on him

Advertisement
Back