Can someone explain the UGA rumors?

[]_[];1485576 said:
Knute Rockne ‏@Rocknes_Ghost 24m
5 Star RB Sony Michel told ESPN he will commit next week to either ND or UGA. He'll be at the blue-gold game this weekend. #GoIrish

The **** is this?

And then he'll pull a UM hat and SHOCKED THE **** WORLD!

Advertisement
After 5 years following recruiting I now at least consider myself a recruiting veteran. In that time, if there is this much buzz/smoke/info surrounding someones imminent commitment with no mention of Miami, they are going to that school. Now, in the coming days if the tone starts to change that he will be coming to Miami then that would indicate to me either a massive effort to change his mind occured (i.e. parents stepped in) or UGA was all a huge smoke screen. With the lack of opinion that Miami is going to land him, I'm saying it's the former and to which I will give up on recruiting and probably life in general until August
i was thinking the same thing if you start hearing a miami buzz next week then he is picking miami but until then he is all UGA

It's like Matthew Thomas all over again.

The kid who shall not be named had to be forced to visit, not the case with Sony.

It's whatever though man. If he comes cool, if not then **** him (on principle). But I'm not gonna have a meltdown over it. The staff can't force these kids to come.

With this OL, we will be alright anyways.

Last edited:
Getting only 1 of 3 of Michel, Yearby, Cook is a fail.

Period.

If Sony goes to UGA, I suspect that we will land both Cook and Yearby.

I don't want to hear "Cook is just as good as Michel" either, because it's not true.

That said, Cook is a great back, and we'd be lucky to get him.

Im not making comparisons. Im just parroting some information I saw on the premium board of another site. Lots of local south Florida folks believe we will get Cook if Sony doesn't come. And no this doesnt mean Cook is scared of competition or anything similar. It's simply the recruiting chess match.

Most years, Cook would be an A list guy for us. Given that SOny and Yearby are coming out the same year, this makes Cook a plan B guy. If Sony goes elsewhere then I suspect that Cook will become our Plan A for the 2nd RB spot.

Advertisement
Getting only 1 of 3 of Michel, Yearby, Cook is a fail.

Period.

If Sony goes to UGA, I suspect that we will land both Cook and Yearby.

I don't want to hear "Cook is just as good as Michel" either, because it's not true.

That said, Cook is a great back, and we'd be lucky to get him.

Im not making comparisons. Im just parroting some information I saw on the premium board of another site. Lots of local south Florida folks believe we will get Cook if Sony doesn't come. And no this doesnt mean Cook is scared of competition or anything similar. It's simply the recruiting chess match.

Most years, Cook would be an A list guy for us. Given that SOny and Yearby are coming out the same year, this makes Cook a plan B guy. If Sony goes elsewhere then I suspect that Cook will become our Plan A for the 2nd RB spot.

Cook isn't a Plan B, lol.

[]_[];1485576 said:
Knute Rockne ‏@Rocknes_Ghost 24m
5 Star RB Sony Michel told ESPN he will commit next week to either ND or UGA. He'll be at the blue-gold game this weekend. #GoIrish

The **** is this?

And then he'll pull a UM hat and SHOCKED THE **** WORLD!
Yeah that Knute Rockne is a UGA fan just spouting off BS. I checked insider & everything else I have access too & he's the only one saying that.

My question is just what is the reason why Sony is all UGA? He hasn't been to the campus in 2 months, he visited UM last month when KC and Reilly committed and soon after said he had made up his mind and i still remember a report while he was at the UF spring game that the feeling was UM was in the lead so why is it all UGA?

this guy is not a plan B in any year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_znz3kF3Y

Advertisement
My question is just what is the reason why Sony is all UGA? He hasn't been to the campus in 2 months, he visited UM last month when KC and Reilly committed and soon after said he had made up his mind and i still remember a report while he was at the UF spring game that the feeling was UM was in the lead so why is it all UGA?

Sometimes it's not all about recent campus visits....he went up to Athens a lot with his former teammate that now plays at UGA. He was saying his mind was made up before that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes it's not all about recent campus visits....he went up to Athens a lot with his former teammate that now plays at UGA. He was saying his mind was made up before that too. Accept defeat.

Im not going to be surprised either way but from what I have read and paying attention to his recruitment it doesn't seem that obvious that he's all UGA I never said he's picking us

If we lose on Sony all of our focus has to turn to Clark, Valentine and Lane. If we lose 2 or all 3 of those this class will not be a success.

If we lose on Sony all of our focus has to turn to Clark, Valentine and Lane. If we lose 2 or all 3 of those this class will not be a success.

I don't even see the connection. If we lose a top RB in our backyard we have to turn all our focus onto other positions?

Advertisement
Im keeping the faith. I still think in the end Miami hurricanes is Sony choice.We have been on him a long time and he wants to play somewhere where his family can come and watch him.

Advertisement

I don't even see the connection. If we lose a top RB in our backyard we have to turn all our focus onto other positions?

I am saying that if we lose on a guy like this out of our backyard we need do everything to land the other top South Florida recruits. There is nothing to connect

Not really, everyone around him knows it's between Miami and Georgia, they just don't know which one. It's not looking good for us right now

Sometimes it's not all about recent campus visits....he went up to Athens a lot with his former teammate that now plays at UGA. He was saying his mind was made up before that too. Accept defeat.

lol, you keep dropping hints just come out and say it already.

I am saying that if we lose on a guy like this out of our backyard we need do everything to land the other top South Florida recruits. There is nothing to connect

So it is just a random statement that has no logical connection. Duly noted.

Eat popcorn when you are hungry.

how bout this. enough w the speculations, just wait a week. you'll find out where hes headed from his mouth. no point now that he is announcing on the 26th. weve waited this long for his choice, i think waiting another week is fine. and dont read too much into insider reports or interviews bc these kids know there are a ton of people reading into every little thing they say or do. they are gonna try to troll some of us.

Advertisement
Back