Can someone explain the UGA rumors?

Advertisement
Not really, everyone around him knows it's between Miami and Georgia, they just don't know which one. It's not looking good for us right now

Sometimes it's not all about recent campus visits....he went up to Athens a lot with his former teammate that now plays at UGA. He was saying his mind was made up before that too. Accept defeat.

lol, you keep dropping hints just come out and say it already.

I already said I think he chooses UGA, I'm hoping he picks us tho.

IMO if you pick a school that ypu will be at for 4 years because fans? please tear your ACL in college and i bet you wont care nothing bout a stadium

saying poor game day experience affects recruiting is a cop out.

EVERY school has its disadvantages and advantages.

Miami offers great education and location and has crappy attendance.

UGA offers crappy education and location but has great attendance.

I'm all Cane fan, but you are inaccurate.

Athens is an absolutely great location to live if you are a college football star. I've got no clue if he's leaning that way, but Athens wouldn't be a bad place to spend the next 3-5 years as an all-SEC caliber running back.

And on the crappy education topic ... That's a stretch. UGA (#63) is not Miami (#44), but it's not that much of difference.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-georgia-1598

IMO if you pick a school that ypu will be at for 4 years because fans? please tear your ACL in college and i bet you wont care nothing bout a stadium

If the guy wants the real college feel, I can't fault him for that. He wants the big campus, greek row, packed stadium on campus every week - all that ****. It's an entirely different world than what UM can offer.

Advertisement
and he has said nothing about where he is going to go and you guys are just going by what these so called experts expect him to go just because of interviews he has given to them, and like i said you have to take this interviews with a grain of salt, unless it is completely obvious if the kid is going to pick us they always predict against us, just like how most of them said that jermaine grace was going to louisville, sony has given no indication to were he is going

Last edited:
and he has said nothing about where he is going to go and you guys are just going by what these so called experts expect him to go just because of interviews he has given to them, and like i said you have to take this interviews with a grain of salt, unless it is completely obvious if the kid is going to pick us they always predict against us, just like how most of them said that jermaine grace was going to louisville, sony has given no indication to were he is going

After Grace, MT and Keef with the "experts" predictions being so off for so long I just knew literally these guys dont talk to anybody because anybody with half a brain knew Grace was 200% UM

saying poor game day experience affects recruiting is a cop out.

EVERY school has its disadvantages and advantages.

Miami offers great education and location and has crappy attendance.

UGA offers crappy education and location but has great attendance.

FWIW, UGA is not LSU or Arkansas. Its a very good school actually, #3 in the SEC and #63 nationally in the US News and World Report. Miami is #44 I believe, so we are better ranked, and more importantly we provide a private small class environment to study in, and a cosmopolitan world class city to network in.

While UGA is in the SEC, IMHO you can't win a NC there. Proof in in the pudding. Richt doesn't have it. Miami will win a ring in the next 5 years IMHO.

Advertisement
5 pages and still really no response to the OP's question, why all the UGA bs/smoke?

Yearby is a beast and so are Michel and Cook. We are lucky to have one already committed. The thing that bothers me is Yearby was committed to FSU and then to Miami. Cook to Clemson then to Florida. Guess flipping around too easy too early. We can't be left at the altar, we need RB's.

It is difficult to imagine Sony announcing this early for UGA then have to deal with unhappy hometown fans all around him bugging him for then next 10 months or so!
It is not like he is a QB where an early commitment is the norm.
Why would he do that?
But again, this is the reality TV we call recruiting.

Advertisement
It is difficult to imagine Sony announcing this early for UGA then have to deal with unhappy hometown fans all around him bugging him for then next 10 months or so!
Why would he do that?
UGA made it clear they were taking the first two RB's that commit. They are not going to wait on recruits at that position this year.

Why would he do that?
UGA made it clear they were taking the first two RB's that commit. They are not going to wait on recruits at that position this year.

You are an absolute fool if you think Sony couldn't call any school on signing day and commit.....any one

Advertisement
The thing about the smoke that's coming out of his recruitment is that it's pretty much bull****. All people have done is interpret his interviews. He's never said so and so is ahead or whatever. ****, even his closest friends don't know where he's leaning. It's a guessing game at this point.

Not really, everyone around him knows it's between Miami and Georgia, they just don't know which one. It's not looking good for us right now

How can you say it's not looking good for us, right after you get done saying nobody close to him knows where he is leaning? Talking out of both sides of your mouth there.

Why would he do that?

You are an absolute fool if you think Sony couldn't call any school on signing day and commit.....any one
Call me what ever you want but that is what UGA is telling their RB prospects. They dont have to convince me they have to convince Sony that is the case.

i was thinking the same thing if you start hearing a miami buzz next week then he is picking miami but until then he is all UGA

So basically, you don't know anything other than what you're reading, yet you're tripping over yourself posting negative **** in every Sony thread.

While UGA is in the SEC, IMHO you can't win a NC there. Proof in in the pudding. Richt doesn't have it. Miami will win a ring in the next 5 years IMHO.

I realize you wrote "IMHO" but IMHO that makes no sense, and regardless of what either of us think, I'm sure that's not what Sony's hearing from UGA. Fact is, what Richt 'had' this year was his team within about 10 yards of a MNC game appearance. I'm as confident in Golden as anyone, but recently we can't even get within 10 yards of beating Virginia.

Here's to hoping things are headed in the right direction, as it appears they are. But UGA is an attractive place to be these days, both academically and in football.

Advertisement
Back