Can our players get Yeezys?

What Nike has done is attach itself to the biggest stars around. It's vested it's money properly and attach itself to winning programs. That's the formula...UA is doing the same thing. Adidas won't have that type of impact until they start focusing more on American Athletics. Unfortunately, it may be too little, too late.

Adidas has bled money from sponsorship endorsement deals with the NBA/NFL. It's not a coincidence that as soon as Nike took over the NFL, merchandise sales increased 500%. Thats b/c Nike still provide the ultimate "cool" factor. Look at who they've associated with: Jordan, Serena Williams, The U, LBJ, Penny Hardaway, Bo Jackson, Ken Griffey Jr....I'm naming these athletes b/c they were/are all cool. Miami was the coolest brand around and they jumped on us. Perception is 90% of the battle; UA is figuring that out as well.

Adidas hopes James Harden gives them that "cool" factor but he's never going to win anything. They hope D Lill can give them that, but even he's the forgotten one on the All Star Ballot. Yeezy's are a nice pick up for them, but Yeezy can't keep his mouth shut and he's a non factor in sports athletics. They're hope relies upon us, now. The sucky part for them is that if we do get back to winning again, there's a really good chance the bullies on the block Nike and UA will offer us deals we can't refuse once the deal is up. Furthermore, I'll be real interested to know how our merchandising numbers did after Adidas took us on. I didn't see much Adidas fan gear as oppose to Nike fan gear not only in previous years, but this year. I know Michigan took a hit and eventually Adidas started losing interest in them b/c the returns weren't there.

Very well put.

My dude Relly and I have been over this on here a few times. Always love these threads. Relly knows his sneaker talk.

I find it laughable how there are posters that are trying to argue with us about things they hardly know about. Just because your kids ask you for Yeezys, doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable about the game.

Nike has this game on lock, whether or not we like it. As soon as we're back, Nike will be there, and UM would be foolish not to go back.

I know. Adidas finally makes one shoe worth talking about and they jumped Jordan. I like Ye but that whole statement was laughable.

At no point did anyone other than Kanye say that. Jordan is a branding beast and no one in the sneaker game will come close anytime soon. Adidas best bet it to get into lifestyle/streetwear/high fashion shoes like the Yeezy. Adidas makes a solid product again, but its a little to late. If they would have the boost and bounce stuff years ago it may have been different but they didn't. Adidas is hemoraging money through golf too, they put all their money into Taylormade and Adams and that is a dead business. I think true sneakerheads buy shoes from a lot of companies and they all have dope releases Saucony, Reebok, Adidas, New Balance, and Asics all have high resale, highly hyped shoes but Jordan does it on a whole different level and for anyone to say different is delusional.

Advertisement
Am I the only person who had no clue what the **** a Yeezy was and then had to use Google to see what they looked like?

Very well put.

My dude Relly and I have been over this on here a few times. Always love these threads. Relly knows his sneaker talk.

I find it laughable how there are posters that are trying to argue with us about things they hardly know about. Just because your kids ask you for Yeezys, doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable about the game.

Nike has this game on lock, whether or not we like it. As soon as we're back, Nike will be there, and UM would be foolish not to go back.

I know. Adidas finally makes one shoe worth talking about and they jumped Jordan. I like Ye but that whole statement was laughable.

At no point did anyone other than Kanye say that. Jordan is a branding beast and no one in the sneaker game will come close anytime soon. Adidas best bet it to get into lifestyle/streetwear/high fashion shoes like the Yeezy. Adidas makes a solid product again, but its a little to late. If they would have the boost and bounce stuff years ago it may have been different but they didn't. Adidas is hemoraging money through golf too, they put all their money into Taylormade and Adams and that is a dead business. I think true sneakerheads buy shoes from a lot of companies and they all have dope releases Saucony, Reebok, Adidas, New Balance, and Asics all have high resale, highly hyped shoes but Jordan does it on a whole different level and for anyone to say different is delusional.

It's always been about hype. The ability to continually create hype is what separates Nike from everyone else.

Very well put.

Um, all I said was that Ye said it. I didn't say that anyone else said it.

Advertisement

It's always been about hype. The ability to continually create hype is what separates Nike from everyone else.

Yup and now Nike is raising the price and flooding the market, and shoes are sitting. They will do it for a year or 2 then drop the releases again and make more hype.

This.

Yeezys are groundbreaking but I don't think they'll have the staying power. I think the hype comes from how hard they are to get.

That was always the hype and resellers loved it. Why else are people paying 2500 for some ugly camo J's that say Supreme on them. I think Adidas knows their *** is in trouble so they are trying to grab people but they aren't getting top stars. Yeezy is their 1 elite star. D. Lil has some dope kicks and people love them but they arent that hyped, Swaggy P, James Harden, Wall(he left), D. Rose,and things like that aren't doing it. They need to get some bigger people. Lebrons and Kobes dont sell that well but they are known, Adidas needs another Run DMC or something along with Yeezy yo bring them back. Honestly Nike doesn't do much anymore inovation wise they just sell remakes/retors of decades old shoes.

What Nike has done is attach itself to the biggest stars around. It's vested it's money properly and attach itself to winning programs. That's the formula...UA is doing the same thing. Adidas won't have that type of impact until they start focusing more on American Athletics. Unfortunately, it may be too little, too late.

Adidas has bled money from sponsorship endorsement deals with the NBA/NFL. It's not a coincidence that as soon as Nike took over the NFL, merchandise sales increased 500%. Thats b/c Nike still provide the ultimate "cool" factor. Look at who they've associated with: Jordan, Serena Williams, The U, LBJ, Penny Hardaway, Bo Jackson, Ken Griffey Jr....I'm naming these athletes b/c they were/are all cool. Miami was the coolest brand around and they jumped on us. Perception is 90% of the battle; UA is figuring that out as well.

Adidas hopes James Harden gives them that "cool" factor but he's never going to win anything. They hope D Lill can give them that, but even he's the forgotten one on the All Star Ballot. Yeezy's are a nice pick up for them, but Yeezy can't keep his mouth shut and he's a non factor in sports athletics. They're hope relies upon us, now. The sucky part for them is that if we do get back to winning again, there's a really good chance the bullies on the block Nike and UA will offer us deals we can't refuse once the deal is up. Furthermore, I'll be real interested to know how our merchandising numbers did after Adidas took us on. I didn't see much Adidas fan gear as oppose to Nike fan gear not only in previous years, but this year. I know Michigan took a hit and eventually Adidas started losing interest in them b/c the returns weren't there.

Very well put.

[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]: You know how I get down DubH. I mean we have to roll w Adidas b/c of the branding of our school and can't lie, I was very excited about the attention they were giving us and the $ they gave us, but maaaaaaaaan, I was so disappointed in the fan apparel and team uniforms. They need us; Texas A & M, AZ St. UCLA won't give them the cool factor as we will once we get back winning, but imma need them to stop trying to make us look a fiesta team and just go back to our sleek designs in the 80's or 90's.

Under armour coming ...

You are absolutely correct. UA is coming strong. Their best investment was Steph and even Nike reps have been rumored to have buyers remorse. UA makes a fantastic football product...they're lacking in Fútbol and Bball which drives shoe sales, but there's a reason Nike tried to buy them out b4 they are what they are now. Kudos to them for having faith in their brand and not taking the quick $.

If we were to leave Nike, I was hoping for UA. Nike is not concerned bout Adidas, they're concerned about UA, which is y they are coming out w these new color ways, and partnering with arguably the two hottest rappers in the game and the biggest comedian. If u noticed, Nike is ramping up its marketing right now....and soon when they take over the apparel deal with the NBA, they'll keep UA at bay.

Very well put.

Dumbest thing Kanye said was Yeezy jumped over jump man BEFORE the #'s came out. Smh. ANNNND he was just caught on Twitter begging for some rare Nike products via his assistant, but he hates them, right?. Yeezy, whether he admits it or not, was hurt by the Nike dilemma. That's y he keeps talking bout it, like that boy friend that got dumped by the hot chick. Had he stayed patient, Nike was going to create a frenzy for his shoes on a epic proportion. That was their goal, and I got that from the horses mouth. That's y the Air Yeezy's were selling for $5k and re-selling for dang near $30k. Had he been patient, he would've transformed the fashion sneaker industry. Drake OVOs are nothing but Jordans with higher end material...yet Nike slow release his product and it sells out ASAP...supply and demand and create a frenzy by releasing the product in select areas. That's exactly what they doing for Ye, but he felt they were jerking his "creative ability" around.

It's just so ironic how he rambled on and on, on the Sway morning show how he didn't agree w the Nike price of his shoes and how he's for the people and Nike ain't and blah, blah, blah...have u seen the price point of the Yeezy boots? How much his "homeless looking" sweater cost? He's a joke, and that's why his lame NYE song was a complete blow up to his face.

Advertisement
Just turned 30.

Thats what I am saying brother...

These 17 YOs love these things... and if we aint got Nike dropping gear on them then at least we should be getting them the best that Adidas has to offer them.

Nike gives these kids so much gear its crazy. They get shiat for everyone of their friends and family members after they have so much they dont even care anymore.

Something like that is very attractive to 17 YOs.

I just hope that since we now have Adidas these kids are stocking up on classics and yeezys.

The last thing Nike gave the team was WEfense t-shirts. Let that marinate...

WeFense was Adidas.

View attachment 35388

I apologize; technically we were still under Nike at this point, but we had already inked our deal going to Adidas that/this past season which is when Wefense began. So ur right, but I'm pretty sure Nike was like F-U, here goes ur dumb slogan shirt as a parting shot to us.

Dumbest thing Kanye said was Yeezy jumped over jump man BEFORE the #'s came out. Smh. ANNNND he was just caught on Twitter begging for some rare Nike products via his assistant, but he hates them, right?. Yeezy, whether he admits it or not, was hurt by the Nike dilemma. That's y he keeps talking bout it, like that boy friend that got dumped by the hot chick. Had he stayed patient, Nike was going to create a frenzy for his shoes on a epic proportion. That was their goal, and I got that from the horses mouth. That's y the Air Yeezy's were selling for $5k and re-selling for dang near $30k. Had he been patient, he would've transformed the fashion sneaker industry. Drake OVOs are nothing but Jordans with higher end material...yet Nike slow release his product and it sells out ASAP...supply and demand and create a frenzy by releasing the product in select areas. That's exactly what they doing for Ye, but he felt they were jerking his "creative ability" around.

It's just so ironic how he rambled on and on, on the Sway morning show how he didn't agree w the Nike price of his shoes and how he's for the people and Nike ain't and blah, blah, blah...have u seen the price point of the Yeezy boots? How much his "homeless looking" sweater cost? He's a joke, and that's why his lame NYE song was a complete blow up to his face.

Relly what's the word for this? Um... Could it be FACTS?

I completely agree with you. Thats why I dont think anyone but Kanye himself feels he jumped Jordan.

Advertisement
Am I the only person who had no clue what the **** a Yeezy was and then had to use Google to see what they looked like?

No you are not. And you should be proud of that fact. This whole thread is laughable...its about shoes. Bunch of **** women in here.

Lol at anyone who said sh*t about the yezzy's. Them sh*t sells out in seconds... Currently the hardest shoe to get IMO

Lol at anyone who said sh*t about the yezzy's. Them sh*t sells out in seconds... Currently the hardest shoe to get IMO

Ppl r getting smoked over J's, bro. My homeboy, recently, down in LA got jumped for his 4's concrete b/c it was a lottery draw for like 100 pairs. Yeezy's are hot, no doubt, but they slow release J's and even though that **** has been retired from dang near 15 yrs, his shoes r the hardest to get b/c of how they r slow released.

Advertisement

Ppl r getting smoked over J's, bro. My homeboy, recently, down in LA got jumped for his 4's concrete b/c it was a lottery draw for like 100 pairs. Yeezy's are hot, no doubt, but they slow release J's and even though that **** has been retired from dang near 15 yrs, his shoes r the hardest to get b/c of how they r slow released.

Yeah the lines be long I don't even mess with going to mall anymore for the launch day shoes. I just online camp and buy them when they release at 10 o'clock at footlocker,footaction, eastbay, or Nike.com. J's are hard to get but currently the yeezy's are the hardest by far to get right now. We will see I got the master 12s 2 weeks ago and those were much harder to get than I expected. Jordan has its biggest release coming out this year with the space Jams 11s so we will see

Yeah the lines be long I don't even mess with going to mall anymore for the launch day shoes. I just online camp and buy them when they release at 10 o'clock at footlocker,footaction, eastbay, or Nike.com. J's are hard to get but currently the yeezy's are the hardest by far to get right now. We will see I got the master 12s 2 weeks ago and those were much harder to get than I expected. Jordan has its biggest release coming out this year with the space Jams 11s so we will see

Bro, u actually were able to cop those???! Lol. Man, I got ppls inside Nike that was basically like u going to have to wait for another sneak release on those. Lol. Yeah, the shoe game is crazy right now. Like u said, I don't go to the malls, at all, for any shoe release. eBay or Nike.com, or I'll wait for my frat bro to lace me or any other online services. The price points are outrageous right now. I think that's another reason y UA is coming so strong. Quality shoes at a "semi-reasonable" price point.

Broke, you know why Yeezys sell out so fast? Because they don't put many out.

That fake engineered exclusivity is what makes dummies pay $1000 for a pair of Peter Pan shoes on the resale market.

Relly, where is UA making this big move in the sneaker game? No one cares about their sneakers, and most of them look like Walmart ****. UA makes its money with underwear and apparel.

Advertisement
Back