Can our players get Yeezys?

drake needs to go on somewhere. why waste your time if you are so dope and on top? drake is about as fake as they come, and soft as baby ****. meek could have been so much more but whatever, he got nikki so ill give him that.

And yet you'd ask him for his autograph if he walked into the same restaurant you were at. Might ask for a pic to all touchy touchy in your feelings and all.

Advertisement
The OVO Drake Jordan 10's would be a bigger plus...

You love you some Drizzy.

Favorite rapper my dude.
Jesus Christ what does this say about rap

Have some respect for the top guy in the game. Man I'm tired of all you old hip hop heads. Just because rap was once about drugs, murder, and the streets don't mean someone can't come with a different style. Dude isn't from that culture but he's good with his words and his production- and for the most part I can relate. But just because he isn't "hard" he isn't accepted. Ya'll need to be more accepting of good music and not so stubborn in your ways. I respect the past, but that don't mean I can't enjoy the new stuff these days.

Good music is good music. Forget about who's hard and who's not.
He makes pop music. He's Justin Bieber.

drake needs to go on somewhere. why waste your time if you are so dope and on top? drake is about as fake as they come, and soft as baby ****. meek could have been so much more but whatever, he got nikki so ill give him that.

And yet you'd ask him for his autograph if he walked into the same restaurant you were at. Might ask for a pic to all touchy touchy in your feelings and all.

Nah im not thristy to talk to famous people at all. I think he fake as ****, his music is decent enough but he tries too hard. Started from the bottom? Of what? That million dollar home you grew up in or making it in the music game after being on a huge tv show? Dude pretty much dik rides any team that is blowing up. Im not saying the dude is trash I am saying dude gets in his feelings too **** much, so does meek, and kanye. These new hip hop artists are petty.

Nah im not thristy to talk to famous people at all. I think he fake as ****, his music is decent enough but he tries too hard. Started from the bottom? Of what? That million dollar home you grew up in or making it in the music game after being on a huge tv show? Dude pretty much dik rides any team that is blowing up. Im not saying the dude is trash I am saying dude gets in his feelings too **** much, so does meek, and kanye. These new hip hop artists are petty.

Look man I'm all for having opinions. But if you're gonna have them, make sure they're factual.

Started from the Bottom
Let me clear up for you a few misconceptions.

1. The bottom does not have to be the hood, the projects, or the ghetto. We all have been the through a struggle, that can be considered a bottom.

2. Drake did not grow up in a "million dollar home". He lived in a basement of an average home, with his mom, who was a single mom trying to support the two of them.

3. Degrassi is not a HUGE show homie. It's got a recognizable game but they don't pay a whole lot. He made $50k a year off Degrassi. Sure that may seem like a lot for a young kid, and it is, but with his mom being sick and him having to help cover those bills and help out at home, there wasn't a whole lot left. He was not rich by any means.

Sure he never sold drugs, or grew up in gang violence but the dude wasn't raised on a silver spoon. He had his bottom too, and he came up from it. The bottom isn't only for the hood.

My wife's girlfriends love Drake too. Whack *** ****. Drake is a Pop artist, not Hip Hop. Makes catchy **** that *****es like.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we all atleast agree that from a pure lyrical standpoint, Drake is pure garbage.

That doesnt mean I won't jam to Hotline Bling, because that **** is catchy and its got a nice beat.

But anybody that thinks Drake is a good lyricist doesn't know the first thing about hip-hop.

Rakim, anyone from Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Nas, Big Pun etc.

Those are real lyricists.

Look man I'm all for having opinions. But if you're gonna have them, make sure they're factual.

Started from the Bottom

1. The bottom does not have to be the hood, the projects, or the ghetto. We all have been the through a struggle, that can be considered a bottom.

2. Drake did not grow up in a "million dollar home". He lived in a basement of an average home, with his mom, who was a single mom trying to support the two of them.

3. Degrassi is not a HUGE show homie. It's got a recognizable game but they don't pay a whole lot. He made $50k a year off Degrassi. Sure that may seem like a lot for a young kid, and it is, but with his mom being sick and him having to help cover those bills and help out at home, there wasn't a whole lot left. He was not rich by any means.

Sure he never sold drugs, or grew up in gang violence but the dude wasn't raised on a silver spoon. He had his bottom too, and he came up from it. The bottom isn't only for the hood.
He grew up in a rich ****** neighborhood and was on a show that was on the air 14 seasons. He never came from the bottom of anything period. He never struggled unless he got emo or his mom didn't get him his 8th Hannukah gift. People dont like drake, or not feeling him because he doesnt seen genuine. As i said I dont think he is trash but I dont view him as real hip hop. He is a pop artist and he does it well.

Started from the Bottom

He grew up in a rich ****** neighborhood and was on a show that was on the air 14 seasons. He never came from the bottom of anything period. He never struggled unless he got emo or his mom didn't get him his 8th Hannukah gift. People dont like drake, or not feeling him because he doesnt seen genuine. As i said I dont think he is trash but I dont view him as real hip hop. He is a pop artist and he does it well.

Well, I guess you know it all. No point in keeping this going I guess.

Can we all atleast agree that from a pure lyrical standpoint, Drake is pure garbage.

That doesnt mean I won't jam to Hotline Bling, because that **** is catchy and its got a nice beat.

But anybody that thinks Drake is a good lyricist doesn't know the first thing about hip-hop.

Rakim, anyone from Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Nas, Big Pun etc.

Those are real lyricists.

you can get even new school guys like Kendrick, Pusha T (not really new), and J Cole all are lyrical. Among other rappers like Joe Budden, Joel Ortiz, Action Bronson, Lupe, Tech N9ne, Jadakiss, and the list go on.

Advertisement
Thats what I am saying brother...

These 17 YOs love these things... and if we aint got Nike dropping gear on them then at least we should be getting them the best that Adidas has to offer them.

Nike gives these kids so much gear its crazy. They get shiat for everyone of their friends and family members after they have so much they dont even care anymore.

Something like that is very attractive to 17 YOs.

I just hope that since we now have Adidas these kids are stocking up on classics and yeezys.

There is no question that if Adidas did do that, it would be huge. Aside from Yeezys, there isn't much at all that they make that our demographic (I say our because the demographic is between 15-35 of purchasers of these types of shoes), would actually like. Would be a power move if they did that, don't think they will though.

Per Shoe Sales, Kids are buying UA and Nike, not Adidas. Adidas shoe sales dropped another 8.5% in 2015.

Now that Nike has inked deals with Future, Drake, and Kevin Hart...they are trying to take life from Adidas. Adidas kept relevant from their fashion deals with hip hop stars and Fútbol...Nike is now making a push into the hip hop arena and they're making a strong push in Fútbol. UA is already attached itself with movies and fitness and some of the biggest stars in sports. Adidas drop in sales show they are slowly becoming irrelevant in American Sports.

This.

Yeezys are groundbreaking but I don't think they'll have the staying power. I think the hype comes from how hard they are to get.

That was always the hype and resellers loved it. Why else are people paying 2500 for some ugly camo J's that say Supreme on them. I think Adidas knows their *** is in trouble so they are trying to grab people but they aren't getting top stars. Yeezy is their 1 elite star. D. Lil has some dope kicks and people love them but they arent that hyped, Swaggy P, James Harden, Wall(he left), D. Rose,and things like that aren't doing it. They need to get some bigger people. Lebrons and Kobes dont sell that well but they are known, Adidas needs another Run DMC or something along with Yeezy yo bring them back. Honestly Nike doesn't do much anymore inovation wise they just sell remakes/retors of decades old shoes.

What Nike has done is attach itself to the biggest stars around. It's vested it's money properly and attach itself to winning programs. That's the formula...UA is doing the same thing. Adidas won't have that type of impact until they start focusing more on American Athletics. Unfortunately, it may be too little, too late.

Adidas has bled money from sponsorship endorsement deals with the NBA/NFL. It's not a coincidence that as soon as Nike took over the NFL, merchandise sales increased 500%. Thats b/c Nike still provide the ultimate "cool" factor. Look at who they've associated with: Jordan, Serena Williams, The U, LBJ, Penny Hardaway, Bo Jackson, Ken Griffey Jr....I'm naming these athletes b/c they were/are all cool. Miami was the coolest brand around and they jumped on us. Perception is 90% of the battle; UA is figuring that out as well.

Adidas hopes James Harden gives them that "cool" factor but he's never going to win anything. They hope D Lill can give them that, but even he's the forgotten one on the All Star Ballot. Yeezy's are a nice pick up for them, but Yeezy can't keep his mouth shut and he's a non factor in sports athletics. They're hope relies upon us, now. The sucky part for them is that if we do get back to winning again, there's a really good chance the bullies on the block Nike and UA will offer us deals we can't refuse once the deal is up. Furthermore, I'll be real interested to know how our merchandising numbers did after Adidas took us on. I didn't see much Adidas fan gear as oppose to Nike fan gear not only in previous years, but this year. I know Michigan took a hit and eventually Adidas started losing interest in them b/c the returns weren't there.

Started from the Bottom

Well, I guess you know it all. No point in keeping this going I guess.

Why are you defending Drake so much? Did you lose your virginity to him?

There is no question that if Adidas did do that, it would be huge. Aside from Yeezys, there isn't much at all that they make that our demographic (I say our because the demographic is between 15-35 of purchasers of these types of shoes), would actually like. Would be a power move if they did that, don't think they will though.

Per Shoe Sales, Kids are buying UA and Nike, not Adidas. Adidas shoe sales dropped another 8.5% in 2015.

Now that Nike has inked deals with Future, Drake, and Kevin Hart...they are trying to take life from Adidas. Adidas kept relevant from their fashion deals with hip hop stars and Fútbol...Nike is now making a push into the hip hop arena and they're making a strong push in Fútbol. UA is already attached itself with movies and fitness and some of the biggest stars in sports. Adidas drop in sales show they are slowly becoming irrelevant in American Sports.

This.

Yeezys are groundbreaking but I don't think they'll have the staying power. I think the hype comes from how hard they are to get.

That was always the hype and resellers loved it. Why else are people paying 2500 for some ugly camo J's that say Supreme on them. I think Adidas knows their *** is in trouble so they are trying to grab people but they aren't getting top stars. Yeezy is their 1 elite star. D. Lil has some dope kicks and people love them but they arent that hyped, Swaggy P, James Harden, Wall(he left), D. Rose,and things like that aren't doing it. They need to get some bigger people. Lebrons and Kobes dont sell that well but they are known, Adidas needs another Run DMC or something along with Yeezy yo bring them back. Honestly Nike doesn't do much anymore inovation wise they just sell remakes/retors of decades old shoes.

What Nike has done is attach itself to the biggest stars around. It's vested it's money properly and attach itself to winning programs. That's the formula...UA is doing the same thing. Adidas won't have that type of impact until they start focusing more on American Athletics. Unfortunately, it may be too little, too late.

Adidas has bled money from sponsorship endorsement deals with the NBA/NFL. It's not a coincidence that as soon as Nike took over the NFL, merchandise sales increased 500%. Thats b/c Nike still provide the ultimate "cool" factor. Look at who they've associated with: Jordan, Serena Williams, The U, LBJ, Penny Hardaway, Bo Jackson, Ken Griffey Jr....I'm naming these athletes b/c they were/are all cool. Miami was the coolest brand around and they jumped on us. Perception is 90% of the battle; UA is figuring that out as well.

Adidas hopes James Harden gives them that "cool" factor but he's never going to win anything. They hope D Lill can give them that, but even he's the forgotten one on the All Star Ballot. Yeezy's are a nice pick up for them, but Yeezy can't keep his mouth shut and he's a non factor in sports athletics. They're hope relies upon us, now. The sucky part for them is that if we do get back to winning again, there's a really good chance the bullies on the block Nike and UA will offer us deals we can't refuse once the deal is up. Furthermore, I'll be real interested to know how our merchandising numbers did after Adidas took us on. I didn't see much Adidas fan gear as oppose to Nike fan gear not only in previous years, but this year. I know Michigan took a hit and eventually Adidas started losing interest in them b/c the returns weren't there.

Very well put.

Advertisement
Players having access to Yeezys would be good for recruiting. The problem would be monitoring resales. No doubt players would want to flip them for profit.

That would be an NCAA infraction, kind of like what happened at OSU a few years ago.

This.

Very well put.

My dude Relly and I have been over this on here a few times. Always love these threads. Relly knows his sneaker talk.

Players having access to Yeezys would be good for recruiting. The problem would be monitoring resales. No doubt players would want to flip them for profit.

That would be an NCAA infraction, kind of like what happened at OSU a few years ago.

When the basketball team received the LeBron 9's Durand Scott sold his on eBay. It was public and nothing happened.

Advertisement
This.

Very well put.

My dude Relly and I have been over this on here a few times. Always love these threads. Relly knows his sneaker talk.

I find it laughable how there are posters that are trying to argue with us about things they hardly know about. Just because your kids ask you for Yeezys, doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable about the game.

Nike has this game on lock, whether or not we like it. As soon as we're back, Nike will be there, and UM would be foolish not to go back.

When the basketball team received the LeBron 9's Durand Scott sold his on eBay. It was public and nothing happened.

Sounds like he got away with one.

I'm not sure what the legalities are on this. I'm very interested in knowing more about it.

Honestly, how is this scenario any different than selling jerseys (OSU case)?

Very well put.

I find it laughable how there are posters that are trying to argue with us about things they hardly know about. Just because your kids ask you for Yeezys, doesn't mean you're more knowledgeable about the game.

Nike has this game on lock, whether or not we like it. As soon as we're back, Nike will be there, and UM would be foolish not to go back.

I know. Adidas finally makes one shoe worth talking about and they jumped Jordan. I like Ye but that whole statement was laughable.

Advertisement
Back