Can our players get Yeezys?

I'm a budding sneaker head, and know a bunch of them, none of them buy them or wear them. I buy Js often, and would never, ever buy a pair of Ugg boots, I mean Yezzys. They're hideous, real talk.

Ovo Js? Yes please.

Serious question... how old are you?

Just turned 30.

Thats what I am saying brother...

These 17 YOs love these things... and if we aint got Nike dropping gear on them then at least we should be getting them the best that Adidas has to offer them.

Nike gives these kids so much gear its crazy. They get shiat for everyone of their friends and family members after they have so much they dont even care anymore.

Something like that is very attractive to 17 YOs.

I just hope that since we now have Adidas these kids are stocking up on classics and yeezys.

There is no question that if Adidas did do that, it would be huge. Aside from Yeezys, there isn't much at all that they make that our demographic (I say our because the demographic is between 15-35 of purchasers of these types of shoes), would actually like. Would be a power move if they did that, don't think they will though.

Per Shoe Sales, Kids are buying UA and Nike, not Adidas. Adidas shoe sales dropped another 8.5% in 2015.

Now that Nike has inked deals with Future, Drake, and Kevin Hart...they are trying to take life from Adidas. Adidas kept relevant from their fashion deals with hip hop stars and Fútbol...Nike is now making a push into the hip hop arena and they're making a strong push in Fútbol. UA is already attached itself with movies and fitness and some of the biggest stars in sports. Adidas drop in sales show they are slowly becoming irrelevant in American Sports.

Advertisement
The OVO Drake Jordan 10's would be a bigger plus...

You love you some Drizzy.

Favorite rapper my dude.
Jesus Christ what does this say about rap

Have some respect for the top guy in the game. Man I'm tired of all you old hip hop heads. Just because rap was once about drugs, murder, and the streets don't mean someone can't come with a different style. Dude isn't from that culture but he's good with his words and his production- and for the most part I can relate. But just because he isn't "hard" he isn't accepted. Ya'll need to be more accepting of good music and not so stubborn in your ways. I respect the past, but that don't mean I can't enjoy the new stuff these days.

Good music is good music. Forget about who's hard and who's not.

Just turned 30.

These 17 YOs love these things... and if we aint got Nike dropping gear on them then at least we should be getting them the best that Adidas has to offer them.

Nike gives these kids so much gear its crazy. They get shiat for everyone of their friends and family members after they have so much they dont even care anymore.

I just hope that since we now have Adidas these kids are stocking up on classics and yeezys.

There is no question that if Adidas did do that, it would be huge. Aside from Yeezys, there isn't much at all that they make that our demographic (I say our because the demographic is between 15-35 of purchasers of these types of shoes), would actually like. Would be a power move if they did that, don't think they will though.

Per Shoe Sales, Kids are buying UA and Nike, not Adidas. Adidas shoe sales dropped another 8.5% in 2015.

Now that Nike has inked deals with Future, Drake, and Kevin Hart...they are trying to take life from Adidas. Adidas kept relevant from their fashion deals with hip hop stars and Fútbol...Nike is now making a push into the hip hop arena and they're making a strong push in Fútbol. UA is already attached itself with movies and fitness and some of the biggest stars in sports. Adidas drop in sales show they are slowly becoming irrelevant in American Sports.

This.

Yeezys are groundbreaking but I don't think they'll have the staying power. I think the hype comes from how hard they are to get.

Advertisement

Favorite rapper my dude.

Have some respect for the top guy in the game. Man I'm tired of all you old hip hop heads. Just because rap was once about drugs, murder, and the streets don't mean someone can't come with a different style. Dude isn't from that culture but he's good with his words and his production- and for the most part I can relate. But just because he isn't "hard" he isn't accepted. Ya'll need to be more accepting of good music and not so stubborn in your ways. I respect the past, but that don't mean I can't enjoy the new stuff these days.

Im not a fan myself but I respect your opinion. He is the top guy popularity wise. Like it or not. Im from PA so im more of a new york/philly rap fan.

Just turned 30.

This.

Yeezys are groundbreaking but I don't think they'll have the staying power. I think the hype comes from how hard they are to get.

That was always the hype and resellers loved it. Why else are people paying 2500 for some ugly camo J's that say Supreme on them. I think Adidas knows their *** is in trouble so they are trying to grab people but they aren't getting top stars. Yeezy is their 1 elite star. D. Lil has some dope kicks and people love them but they arent that hyped, Swaggy P, James Harden, Wall(he left), D. Rose,and things like that aren't doing it. They need to get some bigger people. Lebrons and Kobes dont sell that well but they are known, Adidas needs another Run DMC or something along with Yeezy yo bring them back. Honestly Nike doesn't do much anymore inovation wise they just sell remakes/retors of decades old shoes.

Last edited:

Favorite rapper my dude.

Im not a fan myself but I respect your opinion. He is the top guy popularity wise. Like it or not. Im from PA so im more of a new york/philly rap fan.

****. Philly? Please don't tell me Meek Mill is in your list of favorites.

This.

That was always the hype and resellers loved it. Why else are people paying 2500 for some ugly camo J's that say Supreme on them. I think Adidas knows their *** is in trouble so they are trying to grab people but they aren't getting top stars. Yeezy is their 1 elite star. D. Lil has some dope kicks and people love them but they arent that hyped, Swaggy P, James Harden, Wall(he left), D. Rose,and things like that aren't doing it. They need to get some bigger people. Lebrons and Kobes dont sell that well but they are known, Adidas needs another Run DMC or something along with Yeezy yo bring them back. Honestly Nike doesn't do much anymore inovation wise they just sell remakes/retors of decades old shoes.

And that ish works too. Crazy ain't it?

Advertisement

This.

And that ish works too. Crazy ain't it?

It is easpecially when the quality has been suspect for a long time. Like the OVO is just a jordan 10 and the 12 also has an OVO. I cant understand how something that is just a crappy remake of an old shoe outsells something like an ultra boost that is from all accounts one of the best shoes made for running/crosstraining and style. I think Adidas needs another star like Yeezy but in the fashion side and not 2nd rate bball and football players. Football players dont sell shoes lets be honest. I think if they can collab with Tom Ford, or something like that like Nike bought Cole Hahn and get into that new streetwear trend of high fashion and get people in fashion to buy them like the Yeezy they can make some noise.

The problem is the brand itself. The demographic that buys these shoes, just don't really feel Adidas. Without Yezzys right now, they'd be ghosts. Meanwhile Michigan among a few others (I think) are going Jordan Brand. Despite however good Adidas is, Jordan just keeps kids wide open. Knowing you are going to be decked out in Jordan gear is a heck of thing to have pitched to you.

If you pitched a recruit, one pair of Yeezys a year, and Adidas gear, or Jordan brand shoes, and gear, I think most would prefer the second option. Yeezys aren't that strong yet, and I'm not sure they ever will be. Jordan brand, say what you want, is a leviathan in the athletic apparel game, and it ain't changing anytime soon.

The problem is the brand itself. The demographic that buys these shoes, just don't really feel Adidas. Without Yezzys right now, they'd be ghosts. Meanwhile Michigan among a few others (I think) are going Jordan Brand. Despite however good Adidas is, Jordan just keeps kids wide open. Knowing you are going to be decked out in Jordan gear is a heck of thing to have pitched to you.

If you pitched a recruit, one pair of Yeezys a year, and Adidas gear, or Jordan brand shoes, and gear, I think most would prefer the second option. Yeezys aren't that strong yet, and I'm not sure they ever will be. Jordan brand, say what you want, is a leviathan in the athletic apparel game, and it ain't changing anytime soon.

Thats why I was saying get into more of the fashion and streetwear trends and not try and out do Jordan and Lebron in sportswear

Advertisement

Just turned 30.

The last thing Nike gave the team was WEfense t-shirts. Let that marinate...

WeFense was Adidas.

3431490.jpg

Thats why I was saying get into more of the fashion and streetwear trends and not try and out do Jordan and Lebron in sportswear

I see what you are saying. Kanye was on record of saying that he's surpassed Jordan. If that is his aim, Adidas and the Yeezy will die a slow, painful death.

Favorite rapper my dude.

Not since he went commercial. We used to listen to him when he was underground.

Advertisement

When he had dreeds and was lyrical? I liked him back then.

When he had dreeds and was lyrical? I liked him back then.

Drake just released a new song aimed at him. Another banger.

drake needs to go on somewhere. why waste your time if you are so dope and on top? drake is about as fake as they come, and soft as baby ****. meek could have been so much more but whatever, he got nikki so ill give him that.

Favorite rapper my dude.

Gangsta was just a piece of the pie. '93/'94 would have blown your mind.

Advertisement
Back