Camron Davis looks very impressive

I may be late but I just don't see enough talk on this sight about Camron Davis. I just watched his career highlights and being that I played RB in high school and college, I am telling you that Davis looks like the complete tailback. Sometimes I think we get too side tracked by star rankings, so I took the time to watch his film. He has great vision, strength, quickness/burst, and speed. It sucks that he couldn't get here in the spring but I wanted to go on the record to say that he will make a case for third team reps this fall as long as he can pickup the playbook. After Homer and Deejay, Davis is the guy that I like the most but Burns looks good also. My only question with Burns is can he catch out of the backfield. Lingard has elite speed based on his highlight film, I just didn't see the same all around attributes that I saw in the Davis highlights. Also it will depend on whose better at pass protection. I am excited to see how this plays out. Our backfield is so dynamic, Thomas Brown did a great job selecting his stable!!!

Knowshon Moreno.

Advertisement
I agree. Sometimes on CIS it can be difficult to voice this type of opinion because many posters get offended easily.

Could be similar to James Wilder Jr and Devonta Freeman at FSU.

Wilder had the 5 star ranking, and the NFL measurables. But Freeman was the more elusive and natural back. In the end Freeman just couldn't be stopped so he got the majority of carries.

Davis is a natural and I think he'll create running room. Lingard may need the O-line to create holes for him, but once he gets a hole it will go to the house.

This is just a silly post. Wilder wasn’t even clearly a RB recruit. He was recruited as a LB by a lot of schools. Lingard was insanely productive and did so with a bad OL. He is the only FBS player to ever come out of his high school. As far as being a “natural” back, it doesn’t get much more “natural” than Lingard who was his team’s entire offense in an old school system. He was a much more productive back than Cam Davis, who was sort of a utility guy at Carol city. It’s not even close.

I like Williams a lot but it does amaze me how a few people like his highlights then the thread turns into a hot take narrative session to downgrade the kid on campus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is just a silly post. Wilder wasn’t even clearly a RB recruit. He was recruited as a LB by a lot of schools. Lingard was insanely productive and did so with a bad OL. He is the only FBS player to ever come out of his high school. As far as being a “natural” back, it doesn’t get much more “natural” than Lingard who was his team’s entire offense in an old school system. He was a much more productive back than Cam Davis, who was sort of a utility guy at Carol city. It’s not even close.

I like Williams a lot but it does amaze me how a few people like his highlights then the thread turns into a hot take narrative session to downgrade the kid on campus.

I find you to be the worst poster on CIS so I'm not surprised you didn't like mine. Thankful actually

Wilder was a 5 star recruit.. some teams had him at LB and some at running back.. he was recruited to FSU and committed to play running back... his ranking stayed at 5 stars. Freeman's was not, therefor wilder received more hype.

Being your teams entire offence doesn't have anything to do with a more natural feel for the running back position.. it's worth responding to that part.

Davis tape shows me more versatility, a better feel for the game.

Lingards tape was impressive but mostly consists of him running really hard and really fast.

Then you talk about Williams... I don't even think you know what thread you're arguing in. Finish this fight before jumping in a QB debate.

I find you to be the worst poster on CIS so I'm not surprised you didn't like mine. Thankful actually

Wilder was a 5 star recruit.. some teams had him at LB and some at running back.. he was recruited to FSU and committed to play running back... his ranking stayed at 5 stars. Freeman's was not, therefor wilder received more hype.

Being your teams entire offence doesn't have anything to do with a more natural feel for the running back position.. it's not even worth responding to that part.

Lingards tape was impressive but mostly consists of him running really hard and really fast.

Then you talk about Williams... I don't even think you know what thread you're arguing in. Finish this fight before jumping in a QB debate.

Being your teams entire offence doesn't have anything to do with a more natural feel for the running back position.. it's worth responding to that part.

Lmao. Thanks for repeating exactly what I said about Wilder.

You’re full of hot air which is why you finished off your post with “Lingard’s tape consists of him running really hard and fast.” I mean..nothing else needs to be said. You don’t even know what you’re arguing about anymore.

I typed Cam Williams instead of Cam Davis, but edited my post. I hope that didn’t confuse your feeble mind too much.

Advertisement
Lmao. Thanks for repeating exactly what I said about Wilder.

You’re full of hot air which is why you finished off your post with “Lingard’s tape consists of him running really hard and fast.” I mean..nothing else needs to be said. You don’t even know what you’re arguing about anymore.

I typed Cam Williams instead of Cam Davis, but edited my post. I hope that didn’t confuse your feeble mind too much.

Yup, you're a moron.

Them CC boys sure whipped our asses at PPO in the late 60's.
CC was rough back then, when is was mostly working class poor whites. Heck I remember 27th ave being rock north of 163rd. Late 60’s brought little more color into the mix and it sure didn’t soften the place up. I loved growing up there. Any afternoon there was always a good tough football game or two going some place. All of us were little rough but it was still safe to walk anywhere at night. Fights were just fights, not precursors to murder.

@Gatorhater I remember the area very well. I grew up in Hollywood. Once you got north of Miramar, there wasn't much built up at that time and when you got into Broward County, 27th Ave became University Dr. I was on the 1st team @ PPO in 1967. Didn't have numbers, so all of us played the 135lb team. We played in the N. Dade League the 1st 2 years. Needless to say, we took some BIG lumps! I was a 10 year old 100 pounder @ center and MLB. Moved to S. Broward Optomist in '69 and got a new coach - Dare Darnell. One of the 1st things he did was move me to tailback and SS. Those 1st 2 years in N. Dade really toughened us up.

Advertisement
Cam is a work horse. College ready body, doubt he gets shirted. Will be interesting because we will have a log jam at RB (not a bad thing), even Burns has looked impressive thus far. Should be very fun & interesting to watch the rotation through the season. Hopefully we don't let inferior competition stick around in games this year, so that the young bucks really get some burn.

Honestly these young studs need to get burn regardless of the score. Smoke em if ya got em.

Yup, you're a moron.

“lingard just runs really hard and fast.”

That’s such a dumb post you should be forced to disclose it on all job applications from here on out.

Comparing Lingard and Davis to Wilder and Freeman is just a horrible analogy that has no basis. Freeman was a dominant, productive tailback in high school. That’s Lingard. Not Wilder who was a tweener.

Davis was talented but unproductive. He’s neither of them.

Part of it that Davis was in the same class as Lingard who was ranked higher and considered the high-profile "ambassador" recruit. Not his fault - I think he's a great back. He reminds me a lot of Mike James.

Mike James, but with Lamar Miller speed....actually, he reminds me of Lamar Miller...

Advertisement
THE GUYS on here are stuck on star rankings. davis has way better film then lingard. lingard high school wing t offense where he takes it 1 cut in a hole and not being touched is not impressive. rarely did he make anyone miss.
Could it be that Lingard has elite vision and doesn't need to take more than one cut because he makes the cut that gets him wide open?

Cam has the better film IMO but Lingard has the better physical traits. He's bigger and faster. (although I'm not sure what Cam's time is)

Can't ignore the fact that Cam's film is filled with long a$$ runs versus top competition. I watched him live against Mainland his Junior year and he was a grown man. (and Mainland is filled with D1 kids)
I don't know what his time is, but he pulls away from defenders effortlessly.

Carol City's offense is closer to what we run at Miami than Lingard's high school offense was. Cam may have a shorter learning curve when it comes to reading blocks and seeing things develop. Lingard may end up being the better RB once he gets those things down though. He's a physical freak.

We're lucky to have both IMO.

Do you think it would be a bad look to future recruits if we redshirt a 5 star rb? Playing time seems like a pretty good selling point for the next couple cycles.
Yes definitely wouldn't look good to incoming recruits if current players were getting redshirted. Just have to sell them on the fact that if they want to be the best they have to compete with the best.

Advertisement
Back