Camron Davis looks very impressive

My concern with both Lingard and Davis is contact balance. They are strong and well-put together but they don’t play with a ton of lean. You see them fall backwards and sideways instead of forward.

Lamar Miller was similar. Like with Miller, expect a lot of 1-yard gains to go along with 70-yard gains.
A lot of one yard gains against our 2018 schedule is going to be an embarrassment that brings an end to the Stacey Searels experiment. I cut him a lot of slack for having young and inexperienced guys in the trenches and zone blocking not being nearly as simple as see guy-move guy typical o-line run blocking, but if he gets help from the TE's on campus and coming in next month plus two legit scholarship fullbacks and we're still seeing a lot of 2nd and 10's and 9's, he better buy stock in tiki torches if he expects to retire.

Advertisement
I haven't watched Davis's film for months. When I did, I realized that we were getting a great back who was not receiving hype because of all that surrounding Lingard. Not that Lo doesn't deserve it, but people were overlooking what we were getting with the "other" back.

I just hope the OL performs well enough to give these guys the space to show what they can do and that whoever plays QB is good enough to let our dangerous receiving corps complement our running game. With a competent OL and QB, we should be unstoppable on offense.

I liked Robert Burns high school film. We could have an awesome stable of RBs that can come at the opponent in waves.

My concern with both Lingard and Davis is contact balance. They are strong and well-put together but they don’t play with a ton of lean. You see them fall backwards and sideways instead of forward.

Lamar Miller was similar. Like with Miller, expect a lot of 1-yard gains to go along with 70-yard gains.
Is that because they tend to be upright runners? That was an issue, I think, with Gus Edwards, although I think both of these guys are much better.

I haven't watched Davis's film for months. When I did, I realized that we were getting a great back who was not receiving hype because of all that surrounding Lingard. Not that Lo doesn't deserve it, but people were overlooking what we were getting with the "other" back.

I just hope the OL performs well enough to give these guys the space to show what they can do and that whoever plays QB is good enough to let our dangerous receiving corps complement our running game. With a competent OL and QB, we should be unstoppable on offense.

I liked Robert Burns high school film. We could have an awesome stable of RBs that can come at the opponent in waves.
Man that post was logical and well written. I think Matador got hacked by the North Koreans, guys.

Advertisement
Great argument to have. Arguing about which of two guys that MAYBE equal 10-15% of total carries this year. That = crazy depth fellas. Miami Hurricane depth. P.S. you’re all ******* whacked.

I find you to be the worst poster on CIS so I'm not surprised you didn't like mine. Thankful actually

Wilder was a 5 star recruit.. some teams had him at LB and some at running back.. he was recruited to FSU and committed to play running back... his ranking stayed at 5 stars. Freeman's was not, therefor wilder received more hype.

Being your teams entire offence doesn't have anything to do with a more natural feel for the running back position.. it's worth responding to that part.

Davis tape shows me more versatility, a better feel for the game.

Lingards tape was impressive but mostly consists of him running really hard and really fast.
“lingard just runs really hard and fast.”

That’s such a dumb post you should be forced to disclose it on all job applications from here on out.

Comparing Lingard and Davis to Wilder and Freeman is just a horrible analogy that has no basis. Freeman was a dominant, productive tailback in high school. That’s Lingard. Not Wilder who was a tweener.

Davis was talented but unproductive. He’s neither of them.
The Old Cam Davis vs Lorenzo Lingard debate. Slow time around here and I thought I'd check to see how this disagreement aged.

To be fair, you are not the worst poster on the board anymore. Far from it! @Tony Perps

It’s nice having Cody and Thad coming in here. People don’t realize yet how much guys that fall forward getting 2-3 extra yards matters in a tempo offense. The staff is focusing on the run game because it’s an obvious strength on the team. I believe the OL has elite run blocking talent that hasn’t been tapped yet either.

Advertisement
Z was on point
Running backs and Db's I can confidently scout all day. Every other spot is a blur to me.

That being said you can definiteily find a few threads of me beating the drum for that dude Derrick Smith. I saw ACC All American... 22 tackles and 0 ints at Illinois this season :sick:

Advertisement
Running backs and Db's I can confidently scout all day. Every other spot is a blur to me.

That being said you can definiteily find a few threads of me beating the drum for that dude Derrick Smith. I saw ACC All American... 22 tackles and 0 ints at Illinois this season :sick:
I thought Smith was slow af. It was a late signing to real late those rarely work out. Late as in like late find no one knew about with the big dogs not showing interest. Fsu had Jimbo then and they didn't show interest was a huge red flag cause he was in fsu land

I thought Smith was slow af. It was a late signing to real late those rarely work out. Late as in like late find no one knew about with the big dogs not showing interest. Fsu had Jimbo then and they didn't show interest was a huge red flag cause he was in fsu land
AND he went to Trinity. I get some kid can be in some po-dunk school and be a late riser and be a solid contributor (I believe Jordan Miller fits that role) however, this was not that, Trinity pushes out some studs. Hard to fly under the radar there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back