Camron Davis looks very impressive

Advertisement
I think both Frosh RBs have to potential to be great ones and help us to a Championship one day.
A duo as good as the Chubb-Michel who were also recruited by Richt.

Cam has the better film IMO but Lingard has the better physical traits. He's bigger and faster. (although I'm not sure what Cam's time is)

Can't ignore the fact that Cam's film is filled with long a$$ runs versus top competition. I watched him live against Mainland his Junior year and he was a grown man. (and Mainland is filled with D1 kids)
I don't know what his time is, but he pulls away from defenders effortlessly.

Carol City's offense is closer to what we run at Miami than Lingard's high school offense was. Cam may have a shorter learning curve when it comes to reading blocks and seeing things develop. Lingard may end up being the better RB once he gets those things down though. He's a physical freak.

We're lucky to have both IMO.

I think Cam has the better build - shorter and stockier - which is prototype for a RB. But Lingard has far better production which trumps the rest.

Lingard is well-built in the upper body, but IMO he almost looks skinny below the waist. Needs to add some mass to his lower body to break tackles (as well as to hold up as a RB at this level).

Until our O-line can open a hole consistently any back without excellent vision and/or wiggle will struggle. We won't be parting the Red Sea on a consistent basis this year to allow Lingard to get to the second level. How does he measure on these two attributes?

I think Cam has the better build - shorter and stockier - which is prototype for a RB. But Lingard has far better production which trumps the rest.

Lingard is well-built in the upper body, but IMO he almost looks skinny below the waist. Needs to add some mass to his lower body to break tackles (as well as to hold up as a RB at this level).

He looks like a grown *** man in person though. And he's still supposed to be in high school. He's gonna be a 6'0"-6'1" 220lb RB running in the 4.4's. probably. He's a big, fast kid.

Advertisement
Cam has better “film” or better “highlights?” There’s a huge difference. You’d be hard-pressed to say that a guy who ran for 500 yards his senior year has better film than a guy who ran for 1900 and was his team’s sole source of offense.

Better highlights.

He looks like a grown *** man in person though. And he's still supposed to be in high school. He's gonna be a 6'0"-6'1" 220lb RB running in the 4.4's. probably. He's a big, fast kid.

I think this is a little ambitious. Cam is coming in at the 5'10" 190 range and seems pretty built up already,. I don't think he has near as much room to grow as say a Lingard who's tall and lean or Dallas who has a bigger frame.

I think Davis will play in the 5'10" 205 lb. range, and Lingard will be in the 6"0" 210-215 lb. range.

giphy.gif

He's...aight.

One thing I try to imagine with a RB that size, is do they have the hips to play DB...believe it or not you can see hip fluidity in a RB. I see it with Dallas & Homer...I saw it with Portis & Duke...I even saw it with Corn on His HS highlight tape.

Don't see it with Davis, but that's not to say He won't be productive.

Advertisement
I think this is a little ambitious. Cam is coming in at the 5'10" 190 range and seems pretty built up already,. I don't think he has near as much room to grow as say a Lingard who's tall and lean or Dallas who has a bigger frame.

I think Davis will play in the 5'10" 205 lb. range, and Lingard will be in the 6"0" 210-215 lb. range.
Lingards 6'1 now

Advertisement

I was referring to Lingard.

He's...aight.

One thing I try to imagine with a RB that size, is do they have the hips to play DB...believe it or not you can see hip fluidity in a RB. I see it with Dallas & Homer...I saw it with Portis & Duke...I even saw it with Corn on His HS highlight tape.

Don't see it with Davis, but that's not to say He won't be productive.
You're saying he looks kinda stiff?

Yeah, I can see that a little bit.

Advertisement
My concern with both Lingard and Davis is contact balance. They are strong and well-put together but they don’t play with a ton of lean. You see them fall backwards and sideways instead of forward.

Lamar Miller was similar. Like with Miller, expect a lot of 1-yard gains to go along with 70-yard gains.

Advertisement
Back