Camron Davis looks very impressive

In a post somewhere re Davis, I stated that I was wowed when I finally saw his highlights. I also remembered he was an excellent receiver and made some exceptional catches at Paradise Camp.
Yes, I was shocked when I saw his film also. I just couldn't believe that I wasn't hearing more rave about him.

Advertisement
I’d never redshirt a RB unless he is injured. There’s almost no such thing as a dynamic 5th year RB. You let him run down on punts and kicks if he’s not mentally ready to get reps at RB.

As for Davis specifically, my only concern with him is lack of production in HS. It’s not often that you see special college RBs who averaged what Davis did per carry at CC. Excellent athlete though and glad to have him.

I like what both Linguard and Davis bring to the table. I just hope whoever our QB is can keep the defenses honest and the OL can open up some holes so our entire offense will eat this year.

I personally just wasn't the biggest fan of Camron Davis. Just didn't really think his tape is all that good. But whatever, he's here now, so hopefully he kills it.

But yeah we really are not going to need to redshirt any RB ever. We're always going to have a fully loaded stable of RBs. There is no need to Redshirt them at all. ANY RB that can get drafted should leave as early as possible. Thats just how the position is. So Redshirting a RB, just wastes 1/3rd of the years he theoretically will be on the team. And if he returns for their senior yr, then thats good too. We don't need RS SR Rbs at Miami, we just don't. We want RBs to come in and leave after 3 years. Cause thats the type of talent we have, and if they're not that type of talent, we don't want to be spending a scholarship on them for 5 years.

Atkins and Gray shouldn't get any PT at RB (Gray looks like he's gunna play FB). So Homer and Deejay will get the majority of carries this season (65%+). Lingard will probably get close to 100 carries (15-20%). There will be a few carries to go around for Burns and Davis. Plus Davis can work on special teams. Thats pretty important. The last few years our RBs have been special teams standouts, and not just as returners. Homer and Walton both are good gunners.

Part of it that Davis was in the same class as Lingard who was ranked higher and considered the high-profile "ambassador" recruit. Not his fault - I think he's a great back. He reminds me a lot of Mike James.

Davis looks to have way more speed than Mike James. I like the Lamar Miller comparison

Advertisement
fans Crazy on here, just live for the hot takes. Just be happy both of them are canes, we will find out who’s better in the coming years.

You posted 4 times in this one thread and finished with this take. Can you show me where the "fans" weren't happy we have both backs? Guys saying they prefer his tape/style is not a knock on Lingard.

In a thread on Lingard we praise him and give him his due but don't have/need people jumping in needing to defend Davis.

It Seems like you're trying to stir the pot more than anything. Hopefully unintentionally.

Yeah I was thinking the same about whether or not to redshirt Davis or Lingard. looking at the film, I would say that Davis for sure has good enough agility and change of direction to make things happen behind the line of scrimmage if things don't look right play side.
Do you think it would be a bad look to future recruits if we redshirt a 5 star rb? Playing time seems like a pretty good selling point for the next couple cycles.

When Miami was great, you had virtually no drop off between the 1s and 2s and 3s. No one said a peep when they got nicked up because they were afraid they wouldn't get their spot back if they missed a practice and let someone else take their snaps. We're finally back to that point at RB and WR. I have zero concerns if Richt and Brown decide to go with any of five guys at RB (Homer, Dallas, Burns, Lo and Davis) depending upon the scheme and situation. And all should play STs, we can and should be an elite ST team with talent like that on roster.

Advertisement
I feel we should use Dallas all over the field. His position should be RB/WR put him in motion, create plays for him but just keep him on the field he is dynamic. And your best players should always be on the field. So now you make a RB depth chart of Homer, Lingard, Burns, and Cam. And just have plays just for Dallas!

I’d never redshirt a RB unless he is injured. There’s almost no such thing as a dynamic 5th year RB. You let him run down on punts and kicks if he’s not mentally ready to get reps at RB.

As for Davis specifically, my only concern with him is lack of production in HS. It’s not often that you see special college RBs who averaged what Davis did per carry at CC. Excellent athlete though and glad to have him.
I can't find his senior year stats but during his junior year he averaged 6.66 ypc. That's decent being the competition he was facing week to week, plus sharing the load with Nayquan.

Advertisement
Lingard is a future superstar. He’ll be playing a good amount this year.

Davis is a conundrum. How do you reconcile his excellent highlights and his high ranking (top 10 RB) with his poor H.S. production?

I remember months back watching his highlights, then seeing his H.S. statistics and thinking something didn't add up.

If someone has his SR year statistics, I recall they were really mediocre.

Advertisement
Davis is a conundrum. How do you reconcile his excellent highlights and his high ranking (top 10 RB) with his poor H.S. production?

I remember months back watching his highlights, then seeing his H.S. statistics and thinking something didn't add up.

If someone has his SR year statistics, I recall they were really mediocre.
Highlights always look good. They never include the 1 yard runs.

I believe both Lingard and Davis will be total studs. I think their different styles will compliment each other really well. I also feel like Brown is a top shelf RB coach who will help them become the best they can be, which I think is outstanding. Love our position group.

Think Cam will do well in the pass game. He doesnt have that much wiggle either. But he has a sharp burst through holes and if given the edge can house it. Great pick up to go with Lingard. I would shirt him unless he is on specials. We were able to shirt Burns...and it would give some spacing unless he tears up training camp. I think the former walk on Atkins is on scholly now and he doesnt look that bad..we still have Choc..and Burns is one more step away from being out the saran wrap. Thats a good group behind Deejay/Homer combo.

Advertisement
Back