Camron Davis looks very impressive

How is Cam Underrated, he was the #7 back in the nation coming out of high school. I don't see anyone underrating him, I'm just waiting for him to get on campus.
I honestly didn't know he was rated that high. I just never hear anything about him so I figured he was underrated, my mistake.

Advertisement
I agree. Sometimes on CIS it can be difficult to voice this type of opinion because many posters get offended easily.

Could be similar to James Wilder Jr and Devonta Freeman at FSU.

Wilder had the 5 star ranking, and the NFL measurables. But Freeman was the more elusive and natural back. In the end Freeman just couldn't be stopped so he got the majority of carries.

Davis is a natural and I think he'll create running room. Lingard may need the O-line to create holes for him, but once he gets a hole it will go to the house.

I love Both of the backs we brought in. Not going to get into the game of who’s better that some like to play on here while seemingly taking shots at kids. Let’s see what they do on greentree practice fields. It should be noted however that I’m a big fan of Davis as well and he has an impressive built. Someone mentioned a mark Walton comparison I agree With that as well but overall he’s a better athlete, faster and better pass catcher. In some of his runs he reminds me of Dalvin cook a little bit actually

They are Canes, let them compete and get better and show out at the Rock, Greentree is Greentree.

Something else that I believe Macho brought up about Lingard that I think applies to Davis... Whereas Lo ran primarily a Wing-T offense in HS, I believe Carol City's shotgun/zone run game is more similar to what we are already running here. As such, there might actually be an easier learning curve for Davis than there has been for Lo.

Advertisement
I agree. Sometimes on CIS it can be difficult to voice this type of opinion because many posters get offended easily.

Could be similar to James Wilder Jr and Devonta Freeman at FSU.

Wilder had the 5 star ranking, and the NFL measurables. But Freeman was the more elusive and natural back. In the end Freeman just couldn't be stopped so he got the majority of carries.

Davis is a natural and I think he'll create running room. Lingard may need the O-line to create holes for him, but once he gets a hole it will go to the house.
This! I will never down talk any of our players. I also want to make it clear that I am not saying Lingard isn't going to be a great back. I am only stating my opinion about the backs style of running because it is a position of interest for me being that I played the position. I hope they both succeed because that would mean our offense is successful.

Something else that I believe Macho brought up about Lingard that I think applies to Davis... Whereas Lo ran primarily a Wing-T offense in HS, I believe Carol City's shotgun/zone run game is more similar to what we are already running here. As such, there might actually be an easier learning curve for Davis than there has been for Lo.
Might be but Davis was hardly utilized at carol city too and their offense was bad

Last edited:
Cam was my #1 all along....big fan of his attributes....he makes the first man miss...which is most important vs good defense.....something you cant teach...also has enough speed and explosion to take it the distance...I expect Cam and Lo to be NFL players....both gave legit speed and talent to be bigtime....Lo isn't as dynamic in open space as Cam IMO...but I agree with most who said hes one missed tackle from breakin every time he touches the rock...

Yeah I was thinking the same about whether or not to redshirt Davis or Lingard. looking at the film, I would say that Davis for sure has good enough agility and change of direction to make things happen behind the line of scrimmage if things don't look right play side.

Yeah, about the RS of running backs is that if you're a school/program like UM who can attract talent and in a fertile area for skill players, maybe you dont RS any running backs - especially if they can play special teams(which most backs are expected to do to a certain degree.

Advertisement
Cam was my #1 all along....big fan of his attributes....he makes the first man miss...which is most important vs good defense.....something you cant teach...also has enough speed and explosion to take it the distance...I expect Cam and Lo to be NFL players....both gave legit speed and talent to be bigtime....Lo isn't as dynamic in open space as Cam IMO...but I agree with most who said hes one missed tackle from breakin every time he touches the rock...
Lol, why caps on the IMO?

Advertisement
Advertisement
THE GUYS on here are stuck on star rankings. davis has way better film then lingard. lingard high school wing t offense where he takes 1 cut in a hole and not being touched is not impressive. rarely did he make anyone miss.
This is how i felt about 2016 RB recruit Devwah Whaley who ended up signing with Arkansas and had a huge freshman year.

Part of it that Davis was in the same class as Lingard who was ranked higher and considered the high-profile "ambassador" recruit. Not his fault - I think he's a great back. He reminds me a lot of Mike James.
Part of this is also that Davis has extremely underwhelming production for a top 200 4 star running back (he is not underrated, not sure why people continue to say that).

Advertisement
Back