Cam contemplating going pro

Advertisement
He’s not getting drafted but I can’t watch him stunt Don Chaney’s and roosters growth. Something happen when his old coach died and his played dropped off. (Duke doesn’t count) UDFA in my opinion, but him being here as a senior does nothing for us.
He isn't going to stunt their growth. Its up to them to surpass him, Its up to them to outwork Cam. Him leaving early only stunts his growth, forget about football, he is never going to be a top NFL talent. Just like Homer never will be, just like DJ never will be

Advertisement
It’s really not all about the U.
It’s all about the ME.
Willis should’ve played next to McIntosh.
Garvin should’ve played next to Rousseau.
Rousseau should’ve played next to Phillips and Roche.
Phillips should’ve stayed played with Williams and Harvey.
Harris should stay and ball the Fck out next year.
Our team is polluted with agents that corrupt the team fist mentality
Everyone ******* and moans about Bama and Clemson and how we will never be them and talk about bags and facilities.
The single greatest resource on a team is the individual player and we have wound that doesn’t stop bleeding year after year.
Do you think uga gets to the final game without Chubb and Sony?

Harris will likely not drop in the draft if he stays and may actually rise if he has a great year.
But the team will definitely suffer for it in practice and especially if one of our backs gets hurt.
All 3 of them were injured at some point this year.
It's been 18 years and counting.. Keep making excuses. Ohio state players leave all the time early. Clemson had one group of defensive ends stay and Travie Etienne stay that's about it. Everyone else left early Alexander the CB, Simmons the LB. Bama had players leave early ever year since Saban. We haven't had good coaching and really haven't done a good job of developing talent in 18 years. You have to stop with the excuses it's about to be 2021. Keep the excuses coming it's convenient and it makes for debate.

Advertisement
Heaven forbid players stay at least 4 years and develop. Cam Harris has some talent, but it needs to be developed some more....and there is nothing wrong with that.

Gone are the days when players declared early to be 1-2....MAYBE 3rd round pick.

He should leave, there are more talented backs behind him. If he's upset about playing time this year, he'll be even more upset next year.
You mean you think they'll be more talented next year if the O-line finally stops underachieving don't you?

Because neither exactly tore it up running behind them this year, either.

The biggest reason for Cam to return next year and that is to get his degree.

From a football perspective, he gains nothing by coming back next year. He's going to be an undrafted free agent wether he leaves this year or next.

If he comes back next year, he likely gets passed on the depth chart by Cheney, Knighton, or both. In any case, he sees his carries reduced.

The smart money is to get that degree. With this being a Covid-19 season he has 2 years of eligibility remaining. If I'm him, I return next year, get my degree, then go somwhere else for my senior season where I can shine solo.

Too many guys are in a rush to turn pro. A lot of it is family pressure to help out financially. My feelings are.that your family has survived to this point. If you fail at the pro level, they'll still survive. So, waiting another year or two will guarantee you can help them because you'll have that degree in your back pocket if football doesn't work out. It's a win-win.

Setting myself up to win has always been my motto. When I got my Master's degree in Computer Engineering, I wanted a promtion. I had been at the company for 5 years. A promotion would have given me about a $10k raise at the time. I said to myself, "I either stay and get what I want or I leave and get what I want. Either way I'm getting what I want." I didn't get the promotion. Four months later I graduated with my Master's that the company paid for and had a 5 year vested pension. I left the company for a $30k raise + $10k cash vested pension and a $50k Master's degree in my back pocket. That's winning!!!

These young men need to set themselves up for life. Get your degree. Then you can't lose if football doesn't work out. Look at Lou Hedley. Has a child. Could turn pro this year, but is returning next year and will leave UM with a Master's degree. That's winning l!!!!

My son is dealing with COVID related recruiting now and a lot of these coaches say the kids who attempt to do what you say Harris should do for his last year will find it hard to get landing spots for their senior year of eligibility because of the zero year.

It's been 18 years and counting.. Keep making excuses. Ohio state players leave all the time early. Clemson had one group of defensive ends stay and Travie Etienne stay that's about it. Everyone else left early Alexander the CB, Simmons the LB. Bama had players leave early ever year since Saban. We haven't had good coaching and really haven't done a good job of developing talent in 18 years. You have to stop with the excuses it's about to be 2021. Keep the excuses coming it's convenient and it makes for debate.
Who’s making excuses for any of the staffs here.
The first point was coaching.
But if you don't think that the dudes I just mentioned haven’t and won’t make a difference in the playoffs this year and the past several years you’re not paying attention.
if you don’t think Harris staying one more year makes our team better then I dont know what to tell you.
Do you really think our team doesn’t have more success if the dudes I just mentioned that left early stayed one more year?
You really want us to make nesta Christian Williams cause butch struck lightning 20 years ago.
I leep hearing this development sht over and over again but I’m trying hard to understand this concept of making some 3 star a first round pick.
I’ve said it before we’ve had enough talent to win the coastal but that doesn’t necessarily mean we would have a bunch of early day draft players.

Just cause we recruiti players that cis thinks are ballers doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s what they are.
Hasnt Likens produces nfl talent? Then why tf does pope still look average despite a lot of people claiming he was gonna be all acc.
pope has had 3 receiving coaches and 3 offensive schemes and for some reason he can’t get it done. Pope said himself he wasn’t studying the playbook hard enough.
If I’m making excuses then your also making excuses for the players that leave.
Especially if those players have a 4 or 5 round grades or lower. I totally understand a sure thing first rounder leaving. But why do those teams have multiple guys that stay even when they’re projected number one overall.
We don’t have a championship culture here and part of that falls on coaching and the failure of recruiting leaders and failure on the leaders not establishing that culture.
I’m not making excuses when I’m literally pointing out how other teams are winning.

Advertisement
But past Miami players would actually win something before bolting. These kids now win nothing and leave early to be undrafted, then walk around with no degree because “chasing that check” was more important than taking the correct road to success.

Exactly how many of those do we have?

Advertisement
Hey, I never fault a guy for wanting to make money. Problem is some people tell these kids they will be making millions, and they end up making practice roster money.

And again, if that is what you want. I am supportive of it!

Who’s making excuses for any of the staffs here.
The first point was coaching.
But if you don't think that the dudes I just mentioned haven’t and won’t make a difference in the playoffs this year and the past several years you’re not paying attention.
if you don’t think Harris staying one more year makes our team better then I dont know what to tell you.
Do you really think our team doesn’t have more success if the dudes I just mentioned that left early stayed one more year?
You really want us to make nesta Christian Williams cause butch struck lightning 20 years ago.
I leep hearing this development sht over and over again but I’m trying hard to understand this concept of making some 3 star a first round pick.
I’ve said it before we’ve had enough talent to win the coastal but that doesn’t necessarily mean we would have a bunch of early day draft players.

Just cause we recruiti players that cis thinks are ballers doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s what they are.
Hasnt Likens produces nfl talent? Then why tf does pope still look average despite a lot of people claiming he was gonna be all acc.
pope has had 3 receiving coaches and 3 offensive schemes and for some reason he can’t get it done. Pope said himself he wasn’t studying the playbook hard enough.
If I’m making excuses then your also making excuses for the players that leave.
Especially if those players have a 4 or 5 round grades or lower. I totally understand a sure thing first rounder leaving. But why do those teams have multiple guys that stay even when they’re projected number one overall.
We don’t have a championship culture here and part of that falls on coaching and the failure of recruiting leaders and failure on the leaders not establishing that culture.
I’m not making excuses when I’m literally pointing out how other teams are winning.
Programs with unlimited resources. Lol Programs that care about winning. Programs who recruit at a higher level.

Advertisement
Back