Cam contemplating going pro

I predict we'll need to replace 12 starters:

King, Harris, Harley, Jordan, Williams, Phillips, Roche, Silvera, Ford, McCloud, Bolden, Carter
Possibly.

This highlights the argument I've made multiple times recently - when people talk about how talented we are and how we under perform.

If you're an NFL GM, with your job on the line, how many of those guys make your 56 man roster? Right now - Jordan, Phillips and maybe Roche (with another good year you could add Silvera and Bolden).

That's why we're in dogfights against the better ACC teams.

Advertisement
It’s probably a lot easier for a RB to say yes to coming back and running behind the lines Clemson and Bama have , than it is to say yes to the type of line we have . Unless you have crazy speed you just can’t make up for running behind a bad O line no matter how work you yourself put in

If I was in his shoes in terms of a business decision I would transfer to another school with a good offense where I’ll be guaranteed the majority of carries to showcase for the NFL. Like Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, or UCF.

Advertisement
And it starts. Annual tradition of guys that shouldn’t leave making bad decisions
The biggest reason for Cam to return next year and that is to get his degree.

From a football perspective, he gains nothing by coming back next year. He's going to be an undrafted free agent wether he leaves this year or next.

If he comes back next year, he likely gets passed on the depth chart by Cheney, Knighton, or both. In any case, he sees his carries reduced.

The smart money is to get that degree. With this being a Covid-19 season he has 2 years of eligibility remaining. If I'm him, I return next year, get my degree, then go somwhere else for my senior season where I can shine solo.

Too many guys are in a rush to turn pro. A lot of it is family pressure to help out financially. My feelings are.that your family has survived to this point. If you fail at the pro level, they'll still survive. So, waiting another year or two will guarantee you can help them because you'll have that degree in your back pocket if football doesn't work out. It's a win-win.

Setting myself up to win has always been my motto. When I got my Master's degree in Computer Engineering, I wanted a promtion. I had been at the company for 5 years. A promotion would have given me about a $10k raise at the time. I said to myself, "I either stay and get what I want or I leave and get what I want. Either way I'm getting what I want." I didn't get the promotion. Four months later I graduated with my Master's that the company paid for and had a 5 year vested pension. I left the company for a $30k raise + $10k cash vested pension and a $50k Master's degree in my back pocket. That's winning!!!

These young men need to set themselves up for life. Get your degree. Then you can't lose if football doesn't work out. Look at Lou Hedley. Has a child. Could turn pro this year, but is returning next year and will leave UM with a Master's degree. That's winning l!!!!

Last edited:
please explain how you think we are stacked.

Do we have potential? Yes mans that’s all at this point
Well you got me if it is just straight stats because between the three of them they have approximately 1100 yards with cam at a 4.9 average. That said, my perspective is more from watching both and seeing that they both posses unique styles that have stars written all over them if they develop and don't get hurt. I would love it if cam were to stay, but I feel confident if he doesn't. I guess we can revisit this next year.

Advertisement
Franklin is an interesting prospect. What is the general consensus on how much playing time he will get if Cam leaves?

The fact that he has to tweet that given his complaint about playing time there’s no way he can come back.

It would look weak like he was told he would be undrafted. Might as well transfer at that point because he’ll likely be passed by the sophomores

Possibly.

This highlights the argument I've made multiple times recently - when people talk about how talented we are and how we under perform.

If you're an NFL GM, with your job on the line, how many of those guys make your 56 man roster? Right now - Jordan, Phillips and maybe Roche (with another good year you could add Silvera and Bolden).

That's why we're in dogfights against the better ACC teams.
BINGO!!!

Advertisement
hes a RB. their pro careers are barely 4 years. he should absolutely go and get that check. coming back a year wont actually help esp with the split carries and itll just add tread to the tires. **** get picked up and catch on to a team. from there, its on him. hes got the talent. every draft eligible RB should leave after 3. put your fandom away
Hahahahahahahha at him getting an NFL check after this season

Advertisement
His stock will not improve. He might get even less carries. UM lets you come back and get your degree. Not a bad move

He’s not getting drafted but I can’t watch him stunt Don Chaney’s and roosters growth. Something happen when his old coach died and his played dropped off. (Duke doesn’t count) UDFA in my opinion, but him being here as a senior does nothing for us.

I pretty much post this every season for the last decade.
1. Most of these players don't give a **** about winning games at Miami. failing to realize that playing on good teams, contending for championships, will actually get you more serious looks for the NFL.
2. Fringe NFL players leaving early, without their degrees, is a terrible business decision that these young men keep ******* up every year. Wasting a golden opportunity at a good free education to help jump start their working lives. Debt ******* free.
3. Fringe NFL players leaving early, without their degrees, has also been the driving force behind Miami's roster depletion. Every year we just start over with too many inexperienced players. You won't win playing little kids. This thought that Miami has overwhelming talent to just run over the ACC is laughable. Now, UNC isn't 40pts better than Miami but every one of those skilled guys they play minus TE, would immediately start over Miami's skilled guys. Look at our upperclass LB and WR, sad how bad they are. Been a miracle Miami has won 8 games this year.

Advertisement
Back