Calvin Ridley

It's one thing to not care anymore cause the kids ain't here... (like GoGeta)

It's another thing to downplay the miss and pretend it doesn't hurt.

Bringing up recruits that we missed is old, no doubt, but what's worse is when we celebrate when one of these kids doesn't have a good game. We do it with Collins, we do it with Sony, we do it with Lane, etc etc etc. Let's not sit here and act like we're loaded with talent and that these kids couldn't help us. We don't have a single WR as talented as Ridley.

Now im one that harps on misses...

At Lb: Skai Moore was a miss (And a personal one for me)....James Burgess was a miss (he was a **** commit and legacy)

At CB: Quincy Wilson (was a miss) not offering a few other local cbs are also misses that will hurt us...Not right now...but by next season.

AT rb: Brandon Powell is a miss....( he was committed)

This dude Ridley got 100 yds receiving and a td.....

He aint a miss. We're pretty stacked at WR....brought in a kid that looks promising in Cager...who easily could of went to Bama and have 100 yds receiving at this point as well.

But i do wish we had the kids named except Collins....as i think keeping one or two o fthose kids to stay home will slopwly return us to dominance...mixed in with out of state/area studs.

I'm honestly confused on how you say we are stacked at WR. In 2016 we will have:

Coley
Jones
Lewis
Berrios
Brady
Langham
Cager

Pretty underwhelming considering where our recruiting base is located. Berrios, Brady, Langham, Cager as a 2 year haul is not impressive.

The only one of those WRs that has the potential game breaking ability that Ridley has is Coley. And he can't stay healthy. We have talented bodies at WR but only one is as explosive as Ridley.

We keep out current class at we ( highly unlikely) we are good to go. Our current commits at wr aren't redshirt candidates...Richards, Bruce, Mullins playing from day one...Henderson is physically ready to play now.
Y'all tripping freshman wrs can always play. Were 7 deep already before the incoming class.

I like Richards more than Ridley either way.
I feel like they are addressing the wr group this class..if they can keep the group Lookout..
Those kids are the goods n they seemed to be more focused on them than they were on kids like Ridley last class. They were all in on Bruce, Mullins last year.

He'll their still trying to get Nate Craig into this wr group..and should make a run at Solomon at central.

Now lb and cb are a different story. Wrs like I said I feel like were good there..

Advertisement

Bringing up recruits that we missed is old, no doubt, but what's worse is when we celebrate when one of these kids doesn't have a good game. We do it with Collins, we do it with Sony, we do it with Lane, etc etc etc. Let's not sit here and act like we're loaded with talent and that these kids couldn't help us. We don't have a single WR as talented as Ridley.

Now im one that harps on misses...

At Lb: Skai Moore was a miss (And a personal one for me)....James Burgess was a miss (he was a **** commit and legacy)

At CB: Quincy Wilson (was a miss) not offering a few other local cbs are also misses that will hurt us...Not right now...but by next season.

AT rb: Brandon Powell is a miss....( he was committed)

This dude Ridley got 100 yds receiving and a td.....

He aint a miss. We're pretty stacked at WR....brought in a kid that looks promising in Cager...who easily could of went to Bama and have 100 yds receiving at this point as well.

But i do wish we had the kids named except Collins....as i think keeping one or two o fthose kids to stay home will slopwly return us to dominance...mixed in with out of state/area studs.

I'm honestly confused on how you say we are stacked at WR. In 2016 we will have:

Coley
Jones
Lewis
Berrios
Brady
Langham
Cager

Pretty underwhelming considering where our recruiting base is located. Berrios, Brady, Langham, Cager as a 2 year haul is not impressive.

The only one of those WRs that has the potential game breaking ability that Ridley has is Coley. And he can't stay healthy. We have talented bodies at WR but only one is as explosive as Ridley.

We keep out current class at we ( highly unlikely) we are good to go. Our current commits at wr aren't redshirt candidates...Richards, Bruce, Mullins playing from day one...Henderson is physically ready to play now.
Y'all tripping freshman wrs can always play. Were 7 deep already before the incoming class.

I like Richards more than Ridley either way.
I feel like they are addressing the wr group this class..if they can keep the group Lookout..
Those kids are the goods n they seemed to be more focused on them than they were on kids like Ridley last class. They were all in on Bruce, Mullins last year.

He'll their still trying to get Nate Craig into this wr group..and should make a run at Solomon at central.

Now lb and cb are a different story. Wrs like I said I feel like were good there..

Assuming we don't have a snowballs chance in **** of landing Craig-Myers or hanging onto Bruce, WR is still a massive question mark for next season and beyond. Which should never be the case at this program with this recruiting base.

Richards is the goods and I really like the little I've seen of Henderson. A big-bodied receiver with athleticism who actually plays to his size and high points effectively. Hopefully his academics will be good enough to get into UM. But Mullins had his fair share of critics here even before his apparently severe academic issues surfaced. And then there's Bruce, a sure-fire stud most assume is trolling Miami to ultimately end up at UF with Scarlett.

Salomon seemingly has way too many red flags and on-field inconsistencies, so who knows what's going on with him. WR is just as dire a position of need as DB and LB considering our lack of speed and explosiveness. We finally found ourselves a potential stud QB after all these years and we sorely need difference makers at wideout to help him reach his potential here.

1. We shouldn't have to be counting on incoming FR (2016) as our playmakers.
2. We always do this, count on guys who aren't even here yet. In the years past, Sony, Collins, MThomas, etc, etc were already counted before they got here.

We shouldn't have issues at LB, WR, CB. Those positions grow on trees in SFla and all 3 positions either lack depth, are underwhelming or both. Frustrating.

Ridley is going to be 21 years old in Dec. and still a freshman. Real bright one.

21 in Dec or not kid can ball

How old was Andre King when he played here? How old was ****er at FSU?

17-29 yrs of age is when most athletes are in their prime. This is not the NFL.

With that said I hope we can bring in a great class because we are very thin at a lot of positions and we have very few difference makers IMO.

Ridley is **** near as old as Denzel Perryman, who is a rookie in the NFL. Can you imagine if Denzel were a true freshman right now?

Never understood what the issue is with having players that are older than they're supposed to be for their respective class. It may cut into their career length as a professional, but they come in more physically developed and ready to play at the college level. Yeah, it sure would suck to have a 240 lb, 22 y/o Denzel Perryman with 2 years of remaining eligibility. I'd blitz him through the A-gap and make Cook's bad shoulder turn to dust by the 2ndqtr.

Hester was almost 21 when he housed that KO against UF. Would you have wanted Hester when he was 18, or 21-24, which was his age while setting records as the GOAT return-man in college football?

Agree, but it just means it is harder for us to get the older kids because our academic standards are higher than places like Alabama.

Crazy thing is that Denzel is still 21.

When has this happened? I don't remember us ever not admitting a kid that could get into schools like Bama. In-fact, all of our big name signees that don't get in, always end up at Marshall or prep school. I remember that Coley, Yearby, Knowles, Choc and few others were unlikely to get in. Seems like we make "exceptions", which is what we should be doing.

Advertisement
Ridley is going to be 21 years old in Dec. and still a freshman. Real bright one.

21 in Dec or not kid can ball

How old was Andre King when he played here? How old was ****er at FSU?

17-29 yrs of age is when most athletes are in their prime. This is not the NFL.

With that said I hope we can bring in a great class because we are very thin at a lot of positions and we have very few difference makers IMO.

Spider, both of them played professional baseball so that is an invalid point but there are probably some out there. But I tell you never seen a player that old without taking time off to pursue other opportunities first.

Semper Canes!!!

Rashawn Scott has Dez Bryant measureables and talent. So you would be wrong

Kill yourself.

No what's worse is when people underestimate who we do have just because they hate golden and hype the players up that leave for college. I love what we have in yearby over any rb you have mentioned. Coley or Scott is not as talented as Ridley? Stay off the white man...Ridley is older than everyone on the receiving core pretty much and he just got there let that sink in....

Not even worth responding to.

Advertisement
This WR corp is extremely un-Miami.

Our last wr coach and recruiting coordinator was Pete Carroll son.

Carrol put a premium on big bodied wr since USC.

Smaller kids and 40 times aren't what he looked for. Size was the prerequisite.. Last class they tried to add a few slot types but didn't land them.
I seriously think you guys are downplaying our wrs though.. I'm high on a few of those young guys.

Id love to have usc wideouts ju ju and adoree the best i seen in the last 5-10 years adoree blows away amari cooper

And the wideout position here sucks cincy has a better trio of wideouts than us we need to make a big splash in this upcoming class

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's funny that they say the WR's for Miami sucks but 3 of them will be playing on Sunday's in the NFL.

It's funny that they say the WR's for Miami sucks but 3 of them will be playing on Sunday's in the NFL.
This, they always say the talent suck at Miami because we didn't land who they wanted but never give credit to the ones that we did

Advertisement
We missed out on so many the guys we have now are average at best like i said cincy wr trio is better

This argument is the ole "6 in one hand, half dozen in the other" theory. Would it have been a great luxury to have guys like Rudolph, Lane, Ridley, DPhillips, JDixon, etc at WR? OF COURSE. You cannot repeatedly swing and miss on local talent like that and think you will be consistantly elite.

BUT it only takes one elite WR to make the whole drink stir...ALA had Amari Cooper. I cant even name you any of the other WRs on the roster. Deandrew White maybe was his name? In our heydey we had Andre Johnson..Beard, Sands, and Roscoe were great compliments. Andre was the alpha.

My point is we just need to hit on one really good/great one and we will be okay. I dont put much of a premium on have multiple 5 star WRs to be able to win...Nick Saban taught me that. You just need one really great one to win MNCs.

For the record, I really like Cager. And I like what I saw from Brady. Lets give them a fair shot before we start crying about guys we didnt get.

This argument is the ole "6 in one hand, half dozen in the other" theory. Would it have been a great luxury to have guys like Rudolph, Lane, Ridley, DPhillips, JDixon, etc at WR? OF COURSE. You cannot repeatedly swing and miss on local talent like that and think you will be consistantly elite.

BUT it only takes one elite WR to make the whole drink stir...ALA had Amari Cooper. I cant even name you any of the other WRs on the roster. Deandrew White maybe was his name? In our heydey we had Andre Johnson..Beard, Sands, and Roscoe were great compliments. Andre was the alpha.

My point is we just need to hit on one really good/great one and we will be okay. I dont put much of a premium on have multiple 5 star WRs to be able to win...Nick Saban taught me that. You just need one really great one to win MNCs.

For the record, I really like Cager. And I like what I saw from Brady. Lets give them a fair shot before we start crying about guys we didnt get.

It's funny out of the guys you namned they haven't played up to their lofty ranking coming out of highschool.... Rudolph and lane have regressed this year

It's funny out of the guys you namned they haven't played up to their lofty ranking coming out of highschool.... Rudolph and lane have regressed this year

Their QB has a lot to do with that, rudolph is a stud, lane not so much so far

Advertisement
Back