Calvin Ridley Per CS

The word is he would not qualify anyway!!!! I understand it is a good thing for the Miami mopes to whine about but his situation makes choc. Look like a road scholar. Get real if Alabama gets him in more power to them. Move on haters or show your true colors????

Advertisement
The word is he would not qualify anyway!!!! I understand it is a good thing for the Miami mopes to whine about but his situation makes choc. Look like a road scholar. Get real if Alabama gets him in more power to them. Move on haters or show your true colors????

So, we getting a Road Scholar? Cool.

Bama will get him admitted as a learn disabled student, and with that designation the ncaa minimum's are not applicable and the student athlete is given 4 tutors by bama ( 2 from the athletic department pool and 2 provided by the school paid for by the state). Every year Saban has roughly a third of his incoming class declared LD in order to get them admitted and provided additional resources. An the students can take their exams untimed and as a oral option ( meaning the exam question is read to them and tgen the student responds with an oral answer or discussion of the question topic). Many SEC schools use this option for players they want in. UM has sparingly used a very watered down version of Special Admission over the years to admit a few players. It is a rare tool I think UM should use more often . FSU has been using this loop hole almost to excess if you ask some of their faculty.

Bama Use of Special Admission exemption for admission
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=4781264&src=desktop

FSU players getting special academic treatment
http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Go Canes

Deuces to both of them. We got 99 problems but receiver ain't one.

Does this team not need elite playmakers?

Coley, Berrios, Brady, Langham, etc... Plus Chatman and Spence coming in? No worries at WR.

Coleys the only elite playmaker out of those. We need to keep adding the elite talent and especially the ones in are backyard

How do u know these guys won't be elite on the college level? That's where it matters. Just asking...

Yes you´re absolutely right, just because one kid is FAR BETTER in high school than the other doesn´t mean for sure that he will be better on the college level. So why not recruit some zero-star 5´6 WR from a ****** private school league in Jersey? How do you know he won´t be elite at the college level?

Advertisement
Does this team not need elite playmakers?

Coley, Berrios, Brady, Langham, etc... Plus Chatman and Spence coming in? No worries at WR.

Coleys the only elite playmaker out of those. We need to keep adding the elite talent and especially the ones in are backyard

How do u know these guys won't be elite on the college level? That's where it matters. Just asking...

Yes you´re absolutely right, just because one kid is FAR BETTER in high school than the other doesn´t mean for sure that he will be better on the college level. So why not recruit some zero-star 5´6 WR from a ****** private school league in Jersey? How do you know he won´t be elite at the college level?

I think berrios can be very good for us, I'm skeptical on Brady and langham. I hope they are elite though cause right now it doesn't look like we are getting Ridley

So, we getting a Road Scholar? Cool.

Hard to compete with a Road Scholar. I heard they are starting to specialize now: asphalt, concrete, dirt, and yellow brick majors are being offered.

Thanks, Calvin

Advertisement

Bama will get him admitted as a learn disabled student, and with that designation the ncaa minimum's are not applicable and the student athlete is given 4 tutors by bama ( 2 from the athletic department pool and 2 provided by the school paid for by the state). Every year Saban has roughly a third of his incoming class declared LD in order to get them admitted and provided additional resources. An the students can take their exams untimed and as a oral option ( meaning the exam question is read to them and tgen the student responds with an oral answer or discussion of the question topic). Many SEC schools use this option for players they want in. UM has sparingly used a very watered down version of Special Admission over the years to admit a few players. It is a rare tool I think UM should use more often . FSU has been using this loop hole almost to excess if you ask some of their faculty.

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Go Canes

the FSU coaches force-fed him and his teammates. "They watch me clean the plate," the player told Derek. "'You let that settle and then go lift.'" That's in addition to the supervised supplement-swallowing, the pills and powders of who the **** knows what. "He looks down at me, this monster man, this beast, and now he's got kid eyes," Derek tells me, "and he says to me: 'Mister Derek, sometimes I'm not hungry anymore.'"

Shoot, Jacory Harris had roll over to Uncle Luke's grill to get extra pancakes and extra grits to gain weight and muscle; these freaking semenholes coaches took matters in their own hands. They got them boys popping pills & supplements, while our boys, well. just muscle milk... go figure!

Go Canes

-- Eric Norwood recently graduated early with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Norwood was twice denied admission to South Carolina before being accepted as a special admit. The school softened special admission standards in 2007 after coach Steve Spurrier threatened to quit when two recruits who met NCAA eligibility requirements were turned down. "When I got here I applied myself," Norwood said. "I had great support from the academic staff, great support from the football staff. And my teammates, they held me accountable." --

Rutgers former HC wanted these standards softened before talking about taking the UM HC gig, but Shalala said no, and Radio took the gig. Did Radio have those balls to request to Shalala to soften standards to get Patrick Johnson in? ...and the rest is history. Would or does Al Golden have the balls to tell UM that he's walking if they did not soften standards to get RB Powell in?

Advertisement

Go Canes

-- Eric Norwood recently graduated early with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Norwood was twice denied admission to South Carolina before being accepted as a special admit. The school softened special admission standards in 2007 after coach Steve Spurrier threatened to quit when two recruits who met NCAA eligibility requirements were turned down. "When I got here I applied myself," Norwood said. "I had great support from the academic staff, great support from the football staff. And my teammates, they held me accountable." --

Rutgers former HC wanted these standards softened before talking about taking the UM HC gig, but Shalala said no, and Radio took the gig. Did Radio have those balls to request to Shalala to soften standards to get Patrick Johnson in? ...and the rest is history. Would or does Al Golden have the balls to tell UM that he's walking if they did not soften standards to get RB Powell in?

Recently read USCe still had 8 of their 21 man class yet to qualify,guess they'll find a way to get them in.

Go Canes

That actually sounds like solid use of resources, if the kids really get some education out of it. I realize the chances of abuse are great, but if use properly it would be great benefit to the kids. I beat that is the same program Yale and Columbia used to admit Presidents Bush and Obama, 'cause no way either got in on merit.

Advertisement

Go Canes

That actually sounds like solid use of resources, if the kids really get some education out of it. I realize the chances of abuse are great, but if use properly it would be great benefit to the kids. I beat that is the same program Yale and Columbia used to admit Presidents Bush and Obama, 'cause no way either got in on merit.

Never underestimate the difference between book smarts and social skills. Those two are book nerds..lol At least in Obama's case he did not have a last name on his side... He actually had to earn it, in Bushs case you dont turn down the presidents son..... Cause the money is good and so is the positive publicity...

I hate No D and have Golden on a short leash. But if these kids were ready to commit.....then change suddenly and commit elsewhere. Thats not their fault. What else can they do? It sucks losing top ranked kids but u cant force them to sign. They recruited the **** outa Collins and 6 and they left. The only thing they need to do is win and put a better product on the field.

I hate No D and have Golden on a short leash. But if these kids were ready to commit.....then change suddenly and commit elsewhere. Thats not their fault. What else can they do? It sucks losing top ranked kids but u cant force them to sign. They recruited the **** outa Collins and 6 and they left. The only thing they need to do is win and put a better product on the field.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter why they don't commit. We either get the kid or not.

If you're not able to get a local stud, then you better find a compliment.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter why they don't commit. We either get the kid or not.

If you're not able to get a local stud, then you better find a compliment.
Because they just come from everywhere. If they do a good job developing kids we wont have a problem. Lots of the kids we recruit have the talent if not the production yet. I dont care what he is rated but that kid from Louisiana is a stud. Those bayou boys don't play. Im sure they are gonna recruit these guys but if the duffle is in you need to come to the terms they are not magicians. We are on probation btw

Advertisement
Back