Calvin Ridley Per CS

Because they just come from everywhere. If they do a good job developing kids we wont have a problem. Lots of the kids we recruit have the talent if not the production yet. I dont care what he is rated but that kid from Louisiana is a stud. Those bayou boys don't play. Im sure they are gonna recruit these guys but if the duffle is in you need to come to the terms they are not magicians. We are on probation btw

If you are having trouble developing, you better bring in higher quality and more finished products too.

I don't care where the kids come from, I don't care what they're ranked either. There are plenty of great recruits locally and OOS. Just bring in the best kids possible and I don't care why they won't come.

Advertisement
The word is he would not qualify anyway!!!! I understand it is a good thing for the Miami mopes to whine about but his situation makes choc. Look like a road scholar. Get real if Alabama gets him in more power to them. Move on haters or show your true colors????

Bama will get him admitted as a learn disabled student, and with that designation the ncaa minimum's are not applicable and the student athlete is given 4 tutors by bama ( 2 from the athletic department pool and 2 provided by the school paid for by the state). Every year Saban has roughly a third of his incoming class declared LD in order to get them admitted and provided additional resources. An the students can take their exams untimed and as a oral option ( meaning the exam question is read to them and tgen the student responds with an oral answer or discussion of the question topic). Many SEC schools use this option for players they want in. UM has sparingly used a very watered down version of Special Admission over the years to admit a few players. It is a rare tool I think UM should use more often . FSU has been using this loop hole almost to excess if you ask some of their faculty.

Bama Use of Special Admission exemption for admission
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=4781264&src=desktop

FSU players getting special academic treatment
http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Go Canes

-- Eric Norwood recently graduated early with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Norwood was twice denied admission to South Carolina before being accepted as a special admit. The school softened special admission standards in 2007 after coach Steve Spurrier threatened to quit when two recruits who met NCAA eligibility requirements were turned down. "When I got here I applied myself," Norwood said. "I had great support from the academic staff, great support from the football staff. And my teammates, they held me accountable." --

Rutgers former HC wanted these standards softened before talking about taking the UM HC gig, but Shalala said no, and Radio took the gig. Did Radio have those balls to request to Shalala to soften standards to get Patrick Johnson in? ...and the rest is history. Would or does Al Golden have the balls to tell UM that he's walking if they did not soften standards to get RB Powell in?

Where do people come up with this complete bull****? Brandon Powell had nearly a 4.0 GPA.

The word is he would not qualify anyway!!!! I understand it is a good thing for the Miami mopes to whine about but his situation makes choc. Look like a road scholar. Get real if Alabama gets him in more power to them. Move on haters or show your true colors????

Bama will get him admitted as a learn disabled student, and with that designation the ncaa minimum's are not applicable and the student athlete is given 4 tutors by bama ( 2 from the athletic department pool and 2 provided by the school paid for by the state). Every year Saban has roughly a third of his incoming class declared LD in order to get them admitted and provided additional resources. An the students can take their exams untimed and as a oral option ( meaning the exam question is read to them and tgen the student responds with an oral answer or discussion of the question topic). Many SEC schools use this option for players they want in. UM has sparingly used a very watered down version of Special Admission over the years to admit a few players. It is a rare tool I think UM should use more often . FSU has been using this loop hole almost to excess if you ask some of their faculty.

Bama Use of Special Admission exemption for admission
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=4781264&src=desktop

FSU players getting special academic treatment
http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Go Canes

-- Eric Norwood recently graduated early with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. Norwood was twice denied admission to South Carolina before being accepted as a special admit. The school softened special admission standards in 2007 after coach Steve Spurrier threatened to quit when two recruits who met NCAA eligibility requirements were turned down. "When I got here I applied myself," Norwood said. "I had great support from the academic staff, great support from the football staff. And my teammates, they held me accountable." --

Rutgers former HC wanted these standards softened before talking about taking the UM HC gig, but Shalala said no, and Radio took the gig. Did Radio have those balls to request to Shalala to soften standards to get Patrick Johnson in? ...and the rest is history. Would or does Al Golden have the balls to tell UM that he's walking if they did not soften standards to get RB Powell in?

Where do people come up with this complete bull****? Brandon Powell had nearly a 4.0 GPA.

289.jpg

Advertisement
Back