Butch on 790 the Ticket

Blah, blah, blah, Butch, blah, blah, Butch, blah, blah, slurper, blah, blah...

That pretty much sums up the content on this board. Turn the page.

Advertisement
He did a great job in Cleveland.

And in North Carolina. When does his statue go up in Chapel Hill?

When are you guys going to get it if ever?

Butch Davis is head coach ebola. You think he is turning down HC jobs until the ideal situation comes around?

If Golden gets fired before 2019, then we will be forced into hiring the cheapest coach we can find, since Miami can't afford to pay high salaries to both an outgoing and incoming coaching staff.

Man, we had to rely on donations so our team can have it's own training table and practice field lights. Fuucking lights like they have at high schools.

Golden is our guy, like it or not. If not we will be forced into hiring someone like Carrol as our head coach. Brendan not Pete.

He took over an expansion team in Cleveland that still has not made the playoffs since he left. Tell me how often an expansion team dominates right away, or even shortly after beginning. The team got better each year under him. It's not like college when you can go recruit 1/3 of your team for the next year.

At UNC, do you understand how bad UNC was when he took over? They were basically the same as Duke before Butch got there. Did you see the team he had in year 4 before the sanctions? That team was going to be scary good. Even with more than half the starters suspended including a few projected first rounders, they still nearly beat LSU and would have if not for a non called pass interference in the end zone to end the game. They still went 8-5 that year which considering the situation was impressive. Actual suspensions are far worse than the investigation Al faced.

So what you're saying is butch is bad at decision making by going to cleveland then tried to revive his career by cheating his way to an ACC championship at chapel hill.

Not sure how he cheated his way to the top when the academic issues began in 1999, while he was still at UM, and began from one corrupt academic department, and he was cleared in the NCAA investigation.

Sooooo as usual, you spout BS.

As far as the Cleveland situation, I don't see how it was a bad decision at the time. Schnellenberger made an even dumber decision trying to start an expansion league and wishes he never left. You going to tell me how bad of a decision maker Schnellenberger was now?

He made a business decision and made more money than he would have here and accomplished most college coaches desire to make it to the NFL. Unfortunately he did not have the success he wanted and realized he made a mistake. He's human. Keep in mind the admin wanted to ***** him in the contract and he said ***** it.

I'm referring to literally almost all the high draft picks from UNC under butch. In case you forgot.....North Carolina Tar Heels loses Marvin Austin, Greg Little and Robert Quinn for season

So again, Butch Davis was cleared of all wrong doing in this situation. Based on your analysis here Butch Davis being responsible for these kids taking improper benefits means Al Golden is at fault for our players sexually assaulting people. Al Golden must also be at fault for Ray Ray going to Benihana and Finnie stealing from others. Al might as well be considered as coordinating those efforts.

Ah, Butch's buddy and bagman John Blake was directly involved. He too is unemployed and available. Maybe we can hire Butch's favorite tudor, too.

He took over an expansion team in Cleveland that still has not made the playoffs since he left. Tell me how often an expansion team dominates right away, or even shortly after beginning. The team got better each year under him. It's not like college when you can go recruit 1/3 of your team for the next year.

At UNC, do you understand how bad UNC was when he took over? They were basically the same as Duke before Butch got there. Did you see the team he had in year 4 before the sanctions? That team was going to be scary good. Even with more than half the starters suspended including a few projected first rounders, they still nearly beat LSU and would have if not for a non called pass interference in the end zone to end the game. They still went 8-5 that year which considering the situation was impressive. Actual suspensions are far worse than the investigation Al faced.

So what you're saying is butch is bad at decision making by going to cleveland then tried to revive his career by cheating his way to an ACC championship at chapel hill.

Not sure how he cheated his way to the top when the academic issues began in 1999, while he was still at UM, and began from one corrupt academic department, and he was cleared in the NCAA investigation.

As far as the Cleveland situation, I don't see how it was a bad decision at the time. Schnellenberger made an even dumber decision trying to start an expansion league and wishes he never left. You going to tell me how bad of a decision maker Schnellenberger was now?

He made a business decision and made more money than he would have here and accomplished most college coaches desire to make it to the NFL. Unfortunately he did not have the success he wanted and realized he made a mistake. He's human. Keep in mind the admin wanted to ***** him in the contract and he said ***** it.

I'm referring to literally almost all the high draft picks from UNC under butch. In case you forgot.....North Carolina Tar Heels loses Marvin Austin, Greg Little and Robert Quinn for season

So again, Butch Davis was cleared of all wrong doing in this situation. Based on your analysis here Butch Davis being responsible for these kids taking improper benefits means Al Golden is at fault for our players sexually assaulting people. Al Golden must also be at fault for Ray Ray going to Benihana and Finnie stealing from others. Al might as well be considered as coordinating those efforts.

If by cleared of all wrong doing you mean the entire D1 collection of AD's passing him over for over a 125+ HC job openings the last 5 years then sure i agree with you. He's been wearing a "show cause" badge ever since.

Advertisement

If by cleared of all wrong doing you mean the entire D1 collection of AD's passing him over for over a 125+ HC job openings the last 5 years then sure i agree with you. He's been wearing a "show cause" badge ever since.

As usual, you misrepresent, fabricate, and I'm sure your Proctologist loves you - with the ease you're able to reach around and pull things out your ***.

I don't know if you're just stupid or ignorant - you are either one or the other with your charge of Butch cheating.

And for the record, Butch is NOT wearing a show cause badge.

125+ coaching job openings the last five years?

You may note that some people won't even consider relocating to many regions of the nation - they just don't want to go there. Only a towel-boy in a goober-smoocher bath house would even consider such a thing . . . uh oh.

You would go anywhere, apparently, as you're the one that assumes Butch would do the same like you.

You must get a lot of tips.

Can you prove Butch was turned down for 125+ HC openings in the last five years? **** can you even prove their were 125+ HC job openings. Even if an AD is passing over him, it's strictly a PR issue, not based on facts, but simply to avoid getting themselves caught up in it. Guilty or not most schools want to avoid bringing any negative baggage with a new coach.

Ah, Butch's buddy and bagman John Blake was directly involved. He too is unemployed and available. Maybe we can hire Butch's favorite tudor, too.

Blake was found to have committed wrongdoings. Butch was not. End of Story. Court of public opinion does not make something a fact.

[/B]

As usual, you misrepresent, fabricate, and I'm sure your Proctologist loves you - with the ease you're able to reach around and pull things out your ***.

I don't know if you're just stupid or ignorant - you are either one or the other with your charge of Butch cheating.

You may note that some people won't even consider relocating to many regions of the nation - they just don't want to go there. Only a towel-boy in a goober-smoocher bath house would even consider such a thing . . . uh oh.

You would go anywhere, apparently, as you're the one that assumes Butch would do the same like you.

Yes, there are anywhere from 15-30 HC changes every year. 2010 College Football Coaching Changes, College Football New Coaches

And furthermore if someone is willing to leave Miami for ******* Cleveland i would assume they're willing to go anywhere.

Advertisement

Yes, there are anywhere from 15-30 HC changes every year. 2010 College Football Coaching Changes, College Football New Coaches

And furthermore if someone is willing to leave Miami for ******* Cleveland i would assume they're willing to go anywhere.
That is the stupidest assessment I've ever heard.

Only in your mind it makes sense to equate leaving college coaching for an nfl job and pay to being stupid enough to apply for every garbage job opening out there. That's a poor generalization and shows your general lack of effort to think rationally.

butch realized he belongs at miami. he did a great job at UNC considering their history. he would turn this thing around.

cant wait till we have our own bagman, butch knows

keep fsu n bama n florida out, butch can do that

onyea n louiville fau fiu ucf usf out too

Advertisement
Idiots can't keep timelines straight, and can't keep things in perspective.

The day UNC let Butch go as an NCAA sacrificial goat for the wrongs the Administration was guilty of - the NCAA investigations were going on, and kept going on. Then there was another investigation by the State of North Carolina Attorney General - at the behest of Governor Jim Martin, and THAT one took a lot of time. THEN there were a couple other investigations again - to figure out who-hit-John.

It was in November of 2012 ( two football seasons ago) that Butch got the letter from Shepard Cooper, the NCAA's Director of the Committee of Infractions that read: "This is to confirm that the University of North Carolina Head Football Coach Paul "Butch" Davis was not alleged to have been involved in any violations of the NCAA legislation in the University of North Carolina Case (Case No. M357 / Infractions Report No. 360, March 12, 2012.)
Final reports took a few years by everyone.

During ANY investigation - no AD would touch Butch - as that would indicate a failure to use due diligence - and NO ONE could offer him anything until the last investigation, and the last finding was concluded.

So you UM football staff who keep slamming Butch - go choke yourself.

Every Butch thread is perpetually bumped by Dynasty and Archer. Come clean-- What is Butch paying you and is he your Uncle?

Every Butch thread is perpetually bumped by Dynasty and Archer. Come clean-- What is Butch paying you and is he your Uncle?

It's real simple.

Top College Team Builder - Butch Davis
Top Recruiter - Butch Davis
Top Talent Evaluator - Butch Davis
Top Talent Developer - Butch Davis
Top Program Builder - Butch Davis
Top Talent Stockpiler - Butch Davis
Top Defensive Mind - Butch Davis
Top Drawer Motivator - Butch Davis
Top DC/OC evaluator - Butch Davis
Top Drawer Head Coach - Butch Davis
Top Evaluations from former Pro Hall of Fame - Butch Davis
Most First Round Picks - ? Saban may have passed Butch his past season - but I'm not sure. But for certain, Butch Davis is #1 or #2 .
Knows South Florida and South Florida football.
Maximum use of South Florida speed, quickness and talent.
Not being 31 scholarships down from Day 1, Butch can have us back in the top ten every year after two years at UM.

And through his work with ESPN, travels the country,
studies teams from all over the nation,
met and knows top positions coaches from everywhere
and knows the top D Coordinators and O Coordinators that would fit his winning athletes.

And we can afford Butch.

Other than a few things like this, I can't think of a damned thing.

Advertisement
So would 100 other coaches who aren't over the hill and who aren't named Golden. Butch is average at best.

It's real simple.

Top College Team Builder - Butch Davis
Top Recruiter - Butch Davis
Top Talent Evaluator - Butch Davis
Top Talent Developer - Butch Davis
Top Program Builder - Butch Davis
Top Talent Stockpiler - Butch Davis
Top Defensive Mind - Butch Davis
Top Drawer Motivator - Butch Davis
Top DC/OC evaluator - Butch Davis
Top Drawer Head Coach - Butch Davis
Top Evaluations from former Pro Hall of Fame - Butch Davis
Most First Round Picks - ? Saban may have passed Butch his past season - but I'm not sure. But for certain, Butch Davis is #1 or #2 .
Knows South Florida and South Florida football.
Maximum use of South Florida speed, quickness and talent.
Not being 31 scholarships down from Day 1, Butch can have us back in the top ten every year after two years at UM.

And through his work with ESPN, travels the country,
studies teams from all over the nation,
met and knows top positions coaches from everywhere
and knows the top D Coordinators and O Coordinators that would fit his winning athletes.

And we can afford Butch.

Other than a few things like this, I can't think of a damned thing.

So... Uncle?

Advertisement
Back