Butch on 790 the Ticket

Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

You're kidding right? Maybe you need a memory check. Butch took over a team that had just competed for the National Title and had a lot of players on the roster the next couple of years. He didn't have a QB till he got Dorsey and he didn't have the depth because he lost 10 sholly's a year, but he had a lot of talent to work with. Golden can win or get fired for all I care, but having an investigation go on for 2 years is worse than knowing exactly what you're facing because 1. you're trying to get out in front of it by self limiting things like visits, bowl games, scholly's and 2. schools can recruit against you very easily. All that happened, but don't sit there and act like Butch had nothing to work with when he arrived. That is why people wanted him gone after year 4 because he had players, great players who were drafted and first round draft picks all before 2000.

Advertisement
Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

Agreed. And I'll be the first to admit that he's not the best of the best gameday coach but everything else made up for that. Everyone rightly so gives Howard credit for establishing this program but he also had the benefit of a clean slate here and the ability to craft things the way he wished. Butch doesn't get enough credit for RE-establishing us during an down era that was much longer and more complicated than people seem to remember and very easily could have spiraled into a decade plus of mediocrity that we have now.

Agreed. And I'll be the first to admit that he's not the best of the best gameday coach but everything else made up for that. Everyone rightly so gives Howard credit for establishing this program but he also had the benefit of a clean slate here and the ability to craft things the way he wished. Butch doesn't get enough credit for RE-establishing us during an down era that was much longer and more complicated than people seem to remember and very easily could have spiraled into a decade plus of mediocrity that we have now.

butch didnt have a full roster. we had starters who played the whole game. I got frustrated with him at times. for example, i always hated coker as oc but butch saved the u

This thread should be titled

"Coach who 128 teams passed over 5 years in a row get's desperate and goes on local radio show to stump for new job."

Everyone got your #ButchDavis blow up doll ready and lubed up yet?!

I don't understand how "canes" fans in here can actually take pot shots at the man who built our last national championship team, and helped put together other national championships under the GOAT JJ just because they are mad at the mope crew . He recruited and developed a team that is arguably the best of all time and you guys are seriously going to mock him because a couple of d!ckheads are making fun of Al Golden?

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Advertisement
Ron Diaz... That's a name I haven't heard in years! He use to run a camp up here for the best players around Canada. I remember watching Kehoe hand Jon St Pierre a scholarship offer based on Ron's word alone (Kehoe became a lazy SOB without Butch).

BBB (though I'm positive it wont ever happen)

Im

Well we are likely (better than 50/50) to need an interim coach at some point this year, maybe Butch will get a tryout?

Advertisement
Coaches coming back rarely works out, with Snyder being the exception. Butch shouldn't have left. He wanted to be JJ and ended up like Howard. But I am appreciative of all he did In his previous stints and the Penn state fans like balion and cflanittanylion need to show more respect

Last edited:
Jesus do we have to start a new thread everytime Butch is on the air? Who cares dude is never coming back here. Move on bro.

"Coach who 128 teams passed over 5 years in a row get's desperate and goes on local radio show to stump for new job."

Butch is a tired, old, unemployable coach. Sadly, can't get a sniff in college or pros.

These dudes aren't UM fans. They're either trolls, UM shills, or family of the coaching staff.

No Miami fan is ****ting on the guy that built the most powerful team in college football history.

Jesus do we have to start a new thread everytime Butch is on the air? Who cares dude is never coming back here. Move on bro.

Butch is a tired, old, unemployable coach. Sadly, can't get a sniff in college or pros.

These dudes aren't UM fans. They're either trolls, UM shills, or family of the coaching staff.

No Miami fan is ****ting on the guy that built the most powerful team in college football history.

THIS

If it says something about Butch Davis is the title of the thread - why don't you use that time to go soak that thick head?

If you don't want to read something about Butch - WHY would you click on it and the READ it?

Advertisement

I don't understand how "canes" fans in here can actually take pot shots at the man who built our last national championship team, and helped put together other national championships under the GOAT JJ just because they are mad at the mope crew . He recruited and developed a team that is arguably the best of all time and you guys are seriously going to mock him because a couple of d!ckheads are making fun of Al Golden?

You mean the guy who lied to the team and walked out. Let's not forget the team coached themselves to a national championship without him.

You mean the guy who lied to the team and walked out. Let's not forget the team coached themselves to a national championship without him.
I was born in 88 and was too young to remember JJ and Dennis and Howard so maybe I have too much of a soft spot for the guy but he also put together some great teams, made sure we were ranked at the end of the year every year (except for one I think) beat FSU and stomped the gators in a major bowl.( a game I enjoyed just as much as the natty tbh.). I'm a little bit glad that he is feeling regret about leaving but **** he gave us some really good memories.

Advertisement
Golden Girls aren't going to like this one bit. Best memory. Beating FSU (Hi, Al) with the drive.

Advertisement
Back