Butch on 790 the Ticket

Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

View attachment 32670 don't think we were dead in the water when he took over. He's a program builder for sure but it will take time, which is something he may not have at his age. He might fix it in time to pass it on just like before and that didn't play out the way that we woulda liked.

I think he was more on the dead in the water because of the sanctions and real sanctions not this crap Goldie is calling.

Advertisement
Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

View attachment 32670 don't think we were dead in the water when he took over. He's a program builder for sure but it will take time, which is something he may not have at his age. He might fix it in time to pass it on just like before and that didn't play out the way that we woulda liked.

I think he was more on the dead in the water because of the sanctions and real sanctions not this crap Goldie is calling.

I defiantly agree that butch had way worse sanctions to deal with then al. What I was saying is that the program was doing good the years leading up to butch. My comment had nothing to do with the lack of coach known as al golden

Anyone who compares Butch's time at Miami to Goldens is ******* retarded

T–1st 20
1996 Miami 9–3 Conference champ, won bowl
1997 Miami 5–6
1998 Miami 9–3 conference champ, Won bowl
1999 Miami 9–4 conference champ, Won Gator Bowl
2000 Miami 11–1 conference champ, Won sugar bull

Golden has never suffered "sanctions".

There was a threat of sanctions which didn't affect recruiting at all.

Butch walked into a program that lost 31 scholarships over a three year period.

in 1999 we had qb issues to if I'm correct. wasnt that the year ken dorsey had to replace kenny kelly?

Advertisement
Well I saw him in the airport on Sunday night & he didn't look tired or old to me. Think before you post.

Butch is a tired, old, unemployable coach. Sadly, can't get a sniff in college or pros.

Advertisement
He also sounded very upbeat on the radio show....I hope that means something....

I note that at no time did anyone even HINT at the UM coaching opening, nor ask ANY question of Butch about the matter.

Just seems that it was pre-arranged to not bring any of that stuff up. Especially odd after all the other interviews when the matter DID come up.

Get the feeling it's a done deal.

I note that at no time did anyone even HINT at the UM coaching opening, nor ask ANY question of Butch about the matter.

Just seems that it was pre-arranged to not bring any of that stuff up. Especially odd after all the other interviews when the matter DID come up.

Dont do this to me. I havent decided what I'll do if Butch gets the job, besides buy season tickets and lose my mind.

Advertisement

Dont do this to me. I havent decided what I'll do if Butch gets the job, besides buy season tickets and lose my mind.

Not to rain on your feelings parade, but it could mean he's NOT a candidate anymore, too.

I don't actually believe that. Just playing devil's advocate. :newman:

Doesn't want to upset the apple cart. Must be in serious negotiations.

apple_cart.jpg

Not to rain on your feelings parade, but it could mean he's NOT a candidate anymore, too.

I don't actually believe that. Just playing devil's advocate. :newman:

Thanks Ohio i was about to get carried away.

Advertisement
It is interesting that the Miami HC job wasn't brought up. Given that some folks in the administration were "annoyed" at Butch for publicly campaigning for the job, perhaps they asked him not to do thar anymore. They would only ask him to do that if they are in discussions with him about the job. He seems to have obliged.

If I'm working the day that Butch is announced as head coach I'm leaving early to go get blitzed at a bar to celebrate.

Anyone who compares Butch's time at Miami to Goldens is ****ing retarded

T–1st 20
1996 Miami 9–3 Conference champ, won bowl
1997 Miami 5–6
1998 Miami 9–3 conference champ, Won bowl
1999 Miami 9–4 conference champ, Won Gator Bowl
2000 Miami 11–1 conference champ, Won sugar bull

I can't remember everything from that time period, but we **** sure didn't win the Big East in 99. VT was undefeated and played for the NC.

Advertisement
Back