Butch on 790 the Ticket

My only concern was with an aging coach would he still have that hunger. The man sounds hungry to me. He wants redemption and knows he can get it here. He could be in place by November. Let him start recruiting while a guy like Coley finishes off this season. Such an easy solution that you know it won't happen.

Advertisement
To some of the know it alls here. First of all Butch is NOT OLD, 62 is the prime age for many great coaches. Ninety years of age is OLD not 62. Secondly, the program was battered by sanctions to say the least and he did a miraculous job. If he stayed I'm sure we would have competed for many national championships. He left because UM would not give him a better deal. Don't like the way he handled his departure but like many he went for the money. YOU WOULD DO THE SAME!

My only concern was with an aging coach would he still have that hunger. The man sounds hungry to me. He wants redemption and knows he can get it here. He could be in place by November. Let him start recruiting while a guy like Coley finishes off this season. Such an easy solution that you know it won't happen.

Nick Saban, Gary Pinkel, Les Miles all in that 60-65 range. Mark Dantonio and Art Briles 59. I don't think Hunger would be the issue for Butch.

People have brought up his faults as a gameday coach and those are valid, but I think that the guy is a proven commodity and in 3 years would have us in position to be playing for the conference championship every season....4 or 5 years and the talent will be at critical mass once again.

Advertisement

If you think for one second Butch won't be ready to reclaim his old spot then you are not a real canes fan. He has been away for quite a while, I suspect he will come back with a vengeance.

Butch was 11-1 and should have been playing in the NC if the freaking computers didnt pick FSU which we had beaten. The next year Coker won with his players. He had 10 scholly reductions when he took over. Anyone who discounts that is narrow minded and pedantic..Now he isnt the only possible guy who could do well here but at the price we pay he is probably the most experienced and has the best college resume.

Advertisement
Firing Day is 49 away.

Who's no good? The BOT? Frenk? Flake? Fraulden? They're all no ******* good.

Feeling better now that we're through
Feeling better 'cause I'm over you
I learned my lesson, it left a scar
Now I see how you really are

You're no good
You're no good
You're no good
Baby you're no ******* good

I'm gonna say it again
You're no good
You're no good
You're no good
Baby you're no ******* good

[video=youtube;082KfTzWOxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=082KfTzWOxE[/video]

Advertisement
Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

So Howard couldn't make FAU relevant, but Butch would've with FIU?

Highest win total at UNC with NFL talent second to none in the ACC, 8 wins.

Advertisement
Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

image.jpg don't think we were dead in the water when he took over. He's a program builder for sure but it will take time, which is something he may not have at his age. He might fix it in time to pass it on just like before and that didn't play out the way that we woulda liked.

Advertisement
Back