Butch on 790 the Ticket

Advertisement
Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

This was also almost 20 years ago. Butch would be a major upgrade over golden but we don't know how butch is as a head coach in 2016.

But I do know if we keep playin around and keep Golden IF we have another crappy season, we might miss the boat.

I rather hear Butch Davis on the radio than watch a Frauden coached team on TV.

Someone should ask what really happened between him and FIU. You clowns that like to celebrate what Luigi "accomplished" there would have been amazed when good ol' Butch had them comsistently relevant.

some people have to be too young to remember what kind of program butch took over. this thing was dead in the water.

You're kidding right? Maybe you need a memory check. Butch took over a team that had just competed for the National Title and had a lot of players on the roster the next couple of years. He didn't have a QB till he got Dorsey and he didn't have the depth because he lost 10 sholly's a year, but he had a lot of talent to work with. Golden can win or get fired for all I care, but having an investigation go on for 2 years is worse than knowing exactly what you're facing because 1. you're trying to get out in front of it by self limiting things like visits, bowl games, scholly's and 2. schools can recruit against you very easily. All that happened, but don't sit there and act like Butch had nothing to work with when he arrived. That is why people wanted him gone after year 4 because he had players, great players who were drafted and first round draft picks all before 2000.

Dude that roster that Butch got was not sa stacked as you would like to believe. I put a write up sometime last year on the guys who ended up in the NFL from the team he took over. Yes there was a little star power, but there was no depth at all which only got worse as Butch lost 30 scholarships over the next few years. Even while facing that, Butch Davis's records **** on Al Golden's record. wins of 8, 9, 5, 9, 9, 11. The 5 win season game when the full scholarship penalty was in effect.

Al on the other hand with no real penalty other than a lengthy investigation has wins of 6, 7, 9, 6 and this is in the worst division of the worst conference in all of the power 5 conferences. He also managed solid ranked recruiting classes in that time period with the worst being ranked 37. He also had a team that in year 4 of his regime had 7 drafted players and only manged to win 6. Butch without 30 scholarships got 5 and without 20 still got 9. Please keep telling us about how Great Al is.

Last edited:
#BBB 's combined record AFTER losing to FSU 5 years in a row (including the 47-0 drubbin'"), gettin' ran out the buildin' by Syracuse in 98', and losing to U-Dub in 2000...an ASTOUNDING 39-6.

Golden's record after being too "invested" for FSU the last 2 years...2-8.

Golden's just learning what Butch always knew, how to get your teams to respond to letdown losses.

#BBB

Advertisement

You're kidding right? Maybe you need a memory check. Butch took over a team that had just competed for the National Title and had a lot of players on the roster the next couple of years. He didn't have a QB till he got Dorsey and he didn't have the depth because he lost 10 sholly's a year, but he had a lot of talent to work with. Golden can win or get fired for all I care, but having an investigation go on for 2 years is worse than knowing exactly what you're facing because 1. you're trying to get out in front of it by self limiting things like visits, bowl games, scholly's and 2. schools can recruit against you very easily. All that happened, but don't sit there and act like Butch had nothing to work with when he arrived. That is why people wanted him gone after year 4 because he had players, great players who were drafted and first round draft picks all before 2000.

Dude that roster that Butch got was not sa stacked as you would like to believe. I put a write up sometime last year on the guys who ended up in the NFL from the team he took over. Yes there was a little star power, but there was no depth at all which only got worse as Butch lost 30 scholarships over the next few years. Even while facing that, Butch Davis's records **** on Al Golden's record. wins of 8, 9, 5, 9, 9, 11. The 5 win season game when the full scholarship penalty was in effect.

Al on the other hand with no real penalty other than a lengthy investigation has wins of 6, 7, 9, 6 and this is in the worst division of the worst conference in all of the power 5 conferences. He also managed solid ranked recruiting classes in that time period with the worst being ranked 37. He also had a team that in year 4 of his regime had 7 drafted players and only manged to win 6. Butch without 30 scholarships got 5 and without 20 still got 9. Please keep telling us about how Great Al is.

You can't read. I never said Golden was great, but keep trying. I am comparing the two situations. We had NO star power when AG got here, NO DEPTH, and maybe 1 playmaker in Sean Spence. Oh yea half the team was suspended for the majority of the year too. Who did the current regime had their first 2 years? Come on buddy give me the playmakers they had? I'll wait for you to list them, but i'll tell you that the fact they had none kind of coincides with the record.

Butch's teams his first couple years he had WERE ALOT MORE TALENTED. Who would you take.....Senior Ray Lewis or freshman/sophomore DP? Kenard Lang or Chick? Yatil Green or PD? Duane Starks or Tracy Howard? About the only place where things were equal was Lamar Miller and Danyell Ferguson, but Edge and Dyril McMillian were both coming in by then. Butch had stacked teams compared to when the current regime took over and neither situation had any depth. Same situation were in now. Once he got the depth and started winning a couple of games he got the croots.

You want to talk about a bad conference.....the Big East wasn't full of world beaters friend. Also the fact that you think scholarship reductions for 3 years, albeit 10/year, is worse than a 2 year investigation on a program and then the penalty handed is worse than knowing exactly what you're getting into is laughable. You could still recruit and back then it was much more easy to recruit your backyard. Teams from Ohio couldn't hit send on a keyboard and "show love" like they can now. Much easier game to recruit back in the mid 90's. Take away Golden as the coach and insert anyone in America there. They still wouldn't have been able to recruit well. In todays game with todays kids, who believe anything a snake is selling them, no one would've done well. Not Butch, not Saban, Not Urban.

It's funny that you think anyone who doesn't blindly want Butch back is in AG's court. He can win or GTFOH for all I care. However Butch has been begging anyone who will listen for a job, had the president of the college right a letter saying he didn't think he was at fault for what went down and he still can't sniff any type of job. Why's that?

You can't read. I never said Golden was great, but keep trying. I am comparing the two situations. We had NO star power when AG got here, NO DEPTH, and maybe 1 playmaker in Sean Spence. Oh yea half the team was suspended for the majority of the year too. Who did the current regime had their first 2 years? Come on buddy give me the playmakers they had? I'll wait for you to list them, but i'll tell you that the fact they had none kind of coincides with the record.

Butch's teams his first couple years he had WERE ALOT MORE TALENTED. Who would you take.....Senior Ray Lewis or freshman/sophomore DP? Kenard Lang or Chick? Yatil Green or PD? Duane Starks or Tracy Howard? About the only place where things were equal was Lamar Miller and Danyell Ferguson, but Edge and Dyril McMillian were both coming in by then. Butch had stacked teams compared to when the current regime took over and neither situation had any depth. Same situation were in now. Once he got the depth and started winning a couple of games he got the croots.

You want to talk about a bad conference.....the Big East wasn't full of world beaters friend. Also the fact that you think scholarship reductions for 3 years, albeit 10/year, is worse than a 2 year investigation on a program and then the penalty handed is worse than knowing exactly what you're getting into is laughable. You could still recruit and back then it was much more easy to recruit your backyard. Teams from Ohio couldn't hit send on a keyboard and "show love" like they can now. Much easier game to recruit back in the mid 90's. Take away Golden as the coach and insert anyone in America there. They still wouldn't have been able to recruit well. In todays game with todays kids, who believe anything a snake is selling them, no one would've done well. Not Butch, not Saban, Not Urban.

It's funny that you think anyone who doesn't blindly want Butch back is in AG's court. He can win or GTFOH for all I care. However Butch has been begging anyone who will listen for a job, had the president of the college right a letter saying he didn't think he was at fault for what went down and he still can't sniff any type of job. Why's that?

By all means please tell me who was suspended half a season under golden other than Vernon.

The fact that you think a team with reduced scholarships of 1/3 of what your opponents are allowed is somehow a better situation than a 2 year investigation where al still recruited top 20 and even top 10 classes is laughable. If I have 5 future hof players, which we did not, and the rest of the team is mostly walk ons and jags, then the team is not good and the lack of depth will catch up with me.

as far as ray lewis, Starks, and Lang, I already said yes, we had a few studs, but in football a few studs does not make up for the depth issues we had. And yes I'll take pd over green and I love edge, but he wasn't a factor until later, like around the time we started winning big again.

Let's also not down play what Golden came in here with. Yes he also had some depth issues, but he had a lot of good players as well who are still on nfl rosters. Lamar Miller, Washington, Spence, linder, hurns, and Vernon are all starters and were not freshman. PD was already making big plays as a freshman, seantrel is a starter now and should have been then. Those are the ones who are still impact players in the nfl. we still have a bunch currently on rosters, Mike James, Benjamin, ford, Morris, Walford, chick, armbrister, Perryman, Streeter, ray ray. Then you count all the guys who could have been good, but got in trouble like aldarius Johnson, Eddie Johnson, paul. We might not have had the stars that Butch had, but we had good players and more depth.

One thing I notice here is Butch players get drafted high and meet expectations. Golden players get drafted low and exceed expectations showing golden probably could have used them better.

I never said the big East was elite, but the only good teams we are playing in the acc, are the same teams we played in the Big East. VT and fsu. We don't play Clemson often. We did play fsu and vt. we also played bigger games nationally.

If I wasnt on my phone right now, I'd have so much more.

Butch ***** all over golden. One time was he under 8 wins and it was after the full 30 scholarship reduction was in effect. I've never seen a coach underachieving like golden with so much talent. As far as your support, I could care less if you don't like Butch, but to back Golden's sorry *** after the results he's given us shows you are an al supporter. The fact that you think an investigation in which no real penalties came out of it and we still recruited well is worse than actual penalties in which we had a significant number of scholarship reductions is laughable and tells me all I need to know about you. People talked about both situations being similar to smu. The difference is Butch's team penalties were a lot more like smu while al's were all talk.

Its funny how the same people ITT that are singing Butch's praises are the same ones that flew the Fire Butch banner. U cant make this **** up lol.

Its funny how the same people ITT that are singing Butch's praises are the same ones that flew the Fire Butch banner. U cant make this **** up lol.

i for one knew he was bad ***, problem with um fans is they were spoiled. it was miami recruits itself talk but butch changed when he brought his kids in even the current players noticed. i was never a fire butch guy, i cant fire guys who win. being a fan of the giants people want a superbowl coach fired i cant see that happening thats stupid.

secondly butch was spotted on campus cutting down a pillar, he was disguised with a dona shallalalalaaa mask

Advertisement
butch can build da OB by walkin in the marlins dugout.

he can fix this D quick, hes like the all spark.....if he touches it its gold

He did a great job in Cleveland.

And in North Carolina. When does his statue go up in Chapel Hill?

When are you guys going to get it if ever?

Butch Davis is head coach ebola. You think he is turning down HC jobs until the ideal situation comes around?

If Golden gets fired before 2019, then we will be forced into hiring the cheapest coach we can find, since Miami can't afford to pay high salaries to both an outgoing and incoming coaching staff.

Man, we had to rely on donations so our team can have it's own training table and practice field lights. Fuucking lights like they have at high schools.

Golden is our guy, like it or not. If not we will be forced into hiring someone like Carrol as our head coach. Brendan not Pete.

How do you know this? From what I heard, as I was sitting in the stands throughout Butch's tenure, a fraternity flew that banner. So, where's your proof that the same people wanting Butch back were the ones who flew his banner? Talking about just making **** up. You just did.

Butch took a job that was very tough. To take a team that was use to championship game potential and know your going to lose your best recruits to everyone because of Probation has to hurt. 1997 was the year where the sins of the Father finally came to bite us. Does Butch get a chance if James does not go off for 299 vs UCLA in 98'? People wanted Butch Fired after the Washington Loss in 2000. Only in 2001 did we really know what Butch and staff built.

Al came into the job with 2 committed players. Then comes the hammer that 4-9 guys have to sit out games because they had lunch on a boat. You can't make this up in a Michael Crighton novel. 2 years everyone tells every recruit Miami is the next SMU. ESPN played that around the clock. 2014 was the year the sins of the Father reared their ugly head again.

If Al would have gotten fired I would not have a lot to say to defend a man making millions in a business that is unforgiving. Every Ohio State coach has been fired since 1950. But I do know the guy was given crap to work with. Facilities were nothing. For a new coach to come in I was not going to believe his ability until year 5 as Al had everything rolling for the next staff if they were to come in. I thought we would win 7 games last year because of a Freshman QB and young on the DL. With the experience we have now I expect 10 wins or a change needs to happen.

With all that said I would not bring Butch back if we only win 9 or less. I think we need to bring in a new guy with some new blood and keep the WR coach and Ice.

#BBB 's combined record AFTER losing to FSU 5 years in a row (including the 47-0 drubbin'"), gettin' ran out the buildin' by Syracuse in 98', and losing to U-Dub in 2000...an ASTOUNDING 39-6.

Golden's record after being too "invested" for FSU the last 2 years...2-8.

Golden's just learning what Butch always knew, how to get your teams to respond to letdown losses.

#BBB

What a crock of bull....Folden ain't teachin doo-doo but how to lay down and take the sandy one up the tailpipe

Advertisement

Butch Davis is head coach ebola. You think he is turning down HC jobs until the ideal situation comes around?

If Golden gets fired before 2019, then we will be forced into hiring the cheapest coach we can find, since Miami can't afford to pay high salaries to both an outgoing and incoming coaching staff.

Man, we had to rely on donations so our team can have it's own training table and practice field lights. Fuucking lights like they have at high schools.

Golden is our guy, like it or not. If not we will be forced into hiring someone like Carrol as our head coach. Brendan not Pete.
Is Butch Davis the Cleveland Browns' best head coach since 1999? (poll) | cleveland.com

Butch was the last coach to take Cleveland to the playoffs and that was 15 years ago.

Is Butch Davis the Cleveland Browns' best head coach since 1999? (poll) | cleveland.com

Butch was the last coach to take Cleveland to the playoffs and that was 15 years ago.

butch before his nc team got suspended was giving the likes of lsu a tough time,
with the defense he wins the acc that year. ag would get raped by les miles and lsu

Advertisement
I can't wait for next Monday to hear the word of God.

Monday's are my new favorite day of the week.

Butch built a team that won 34 straight here. Stop comparing him to Folden...y'all sound ridiculous.

Butch turned his back on the U and now most you guys want him back. Give me a break, Butch is part of the problem, not the solution.

Will be on the show every Monday (7am hour)

Today's interview starts at around the 22 min mark

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/0/6/2/062...40432460&hwt=a5ebbd761e50b84050f7bb8138ff30ed

That is actually inaccurate.

It was the BOT that turned their back on Butch.

They didn't want to give him more money, so he told them to go take a long walk off a short pier.

Get you facts straight bruh

Advertisement
Back