Butch Davis to FIU

One thing to keep in mind here (and I'm a Butch fan) is that Howard was only 2 years older than Butch is now when he took over at FAU. Support Butch all you want but this a non-issue for our program.

Advertisement
i wouldnt have taken this job..he must really want to live in miami. I think he could of gotten a mid major job elsewhere this go round

He lives in florida already. Dont know where though.

There has to be some part of this for Butch where he wants to try and win right down the street from Miami. Don't think for a second that isn't in his mind. He wants to try and show passing him over was the wrong move.

Fiu aint the place to do it.

I wasn't opining on whether it made sense. It's close so he is in Miami's face. And if he makes them even remotely relevant then that is a huge win for him in accomplishing that goal.

One thing to keep in mind here (and I'm a Butch fan) is that Howard was only 2 years older than Butch is now when he took over at FAU. Support Butch all you want but this a non-issue for our program.

Why do people compare Paul Davis to coaches that have actually won something?

Computers stole his 2000 championship, he won 2001 and Terry Porter stole his third straight title. Not even Saban has won 3 straight and LOL if you credit Coker.

He won the hearts of our fanbase.

Advertisement

Computers stole his 2000 championship, he won 2001 and Terry Porter stole his third straight title. Not even Saban has won 3 straight and LOL if you credit Coker.

So he has zero championships. Thanks for confirming.

So he has zero championships. Thanks for confirming.

LOL

Advertisement

Nick Saban gets credit for Mike Stoola's titles at Alabama.

The real LOL is going to be those epic matchups with Charlotte for 4th place in the CUSA East.

Let's revisit this in 3 or 4 years.

So it took him 6 years to do anything at a Miami program coming off a top 6 finish, but he's going to make a difference at FIU in 3-4 years. Sounds about right.
Uhhhh.. ....under sanctions only 2nd to the death penalty? The guy couldn't even field enough players to scrimmage, yet built a dynasty. U keep me laughing.

Advertisement

The real LOL is going to be those epic matchups with Charlotte for 4th place in the CUSA East.

Let's revisit this in 3 or 4 years.

So it took him 6 years to do anything at a Miami program coming off a top 6 finish, but he's going to make a difference at FIU in 3-4 years. Sounds about right.

Nick Saban gets credit for Mike Stoola's titles at Alabama.

Nick continued his titles with his own recruiting and development. The players themselves said coker literally did NOTHING. Which is why they wanted him, they knew what Butch built and developed. As soon as they were gone and coker became responsible, well we are still suffering.

Butch Davis greatness is another overhyped fantasy by UM fans... just like Brad Kaaya being a 1st round pick.

Advertisement
I will wish Butch the best. He is a Cane no matter what and he did some amazing things while at miami, but I don't gave a **** about FIU. I'm worried about the current canes and coaching staff.

Lol.... I think he will do fine there...not in the spot light and can recruit 2 and 3 stars and make them good players

AND never win his conference like he did at UNC.. maybe he can hire Blake and they don't have to worry about cheating at FYI

Advertisement
Back