Butch Davis to FIU

Makes you wonder how much the UNC stuff really effected him, did he want FIU or was that the best he could do? I know Garcia is there and it's south Florida, but I think he is almost better than every head college coach in Florida. I would take jumbo and Richt over butch mainly because of age and more recent coaching experience, couldn't see butch coaching more than five years.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder how much the UNC stuff really effected him, did he want FIU or was that the best he could do? I know Garcia is there and it's south Florida, but I think he is almost better than every head college coach in Florida. I would take jumbo and Richt over butch mainly because of age and more recent coaching experience, couldn't see butch coaching more than five years.

See? If he was that great as people make him out to be, NC would be a footnote. BUT, it's not.

I can see him more like Schnelly's role at FAU, either at FIU or some place else looking for direction.

Advertisement
This is the equivalent of being a 75 year old bag boy at publix. No old man i don't need help getting my groceries to my car.

Advertisement
i wouldnt have taken this job..he must really want to live in miami. I think he could of gotten a mid major job elsewhere this go round

He lives in florida already. Dont know where though.

There has to be some part of this for Butch where he wants to try and win right down the street from Miami. Don't think for a second that isn't in his mind. He wants to try and show passing him over was the wrong move.

Advertisement
1 thing is guaranteed...the coach or coRch hired after Paul Davis at FIU will be more successful than him. See CoRker at Miami and Fedora at UNC.

Any word from @Panther Dynasty yet?

Maybe the whole "Bring Back Butch" campaign should have been a little more specific

Seriously, congrats and I hope he makes for a fierce cross town rival. There is more than enough talent in South Florida. Two strong coaches in Miami is a great thing. Not to offend FIU alum on here, but there are a number of extremely talented recruits that aren't a good fit for UM on the academic front these days and FIU is a better alternative. They just need someone to wrangle that talent. Anyone concerned about losing recruits, do walk across both campuses and tell me which one you would choose.

i wouldnt have taken this job..he must really want to live in miami. I think he could of gotten a mid major job elsewhere this go round

He lives in florida already. Dont know where though.

There has to be some part of this for Butch where he wants to try and win right down the street from Miami. Don't think for a second that isn't in his mind. He wants to try and show passing him over was the wrong move.

Fiu aint the place to do it.

Advertisement
FIU should contend immediately with their new Hall of Fame corch and his incredible 73-49 record. Man, we really missed out.

Offer all the kids he offers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping by him being so close some of his magic will waft its way into Coral Gables and grace us.

He is risen!

Hehe...what "Magic" are you referring to?

Here's his record per four-letter network: "...Davis, 64, was 51-20 at Miami from 1995 through 2000 and 28-23 at North Carolina from 2007 through 2010. He spent nearly four seasons (2001-04) as head coach of the NFL's Cleveland Browns, going 24-35."

He lost an average of 4 games a year here. MR has lost 4 in his first year and he's already a "Corch" with banner threats and suicide hot lines lighting up, not mention the barfbag industry relocating to SFLA. In addition, he lost an average of 5.5 games a year at NC. Should I even mention his NFL record?

I think posters here are always trying to repeat their first girlfriend experience, no matter the reality. BD left when it was right for him to leave. Yes he developed kids well, but that's his only strength. I think he had reached his potential here, and he knew it.

Now let the down-voting commence.

Sarcasm homie. It was sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the whole "Bring Back Butch" campaign should have been a little more specific

Seriously, congrats and I hope he makes for a fierce cross town rival. There is more than enough talent in South Florida. Two strong coaches in Miami is a great thing. Not to offend FIU alum on here, but there are a number of extremely talented recruits that aren't a good fit for UM on the academic front these days and FIU is a better alternative. They just need someone to wrangle that talent. Anyone concerned about losing recruits, do walk across both campuses and tell me which one you would choose.

No FIU undergrad student should take offense. UM is a much better school academically and athletically.

I'm not sure what you meant by "walk across both campus and tell me which you would choose". In terms of landscape (went to both schools) I can tell you that both are really nice but FIU feels much more modern with all the new buildings. I wouldn't say one is better than the other though. Unless you take surrounding areas into account. Coral gables is much nicer than sweetwater/westchester.

In terms scenery (women), the Colombian and Venezuelan chicks at FIU are second to none. UM got some nice white girls but I think I would lean towards FIU in the female department.

Advertisement
Back