Butch Davis to FIU

Advertisement
Okay, someone break out that Butch Is God .gif that everyone was using last year before Mark was hired.

If Butch goes into South Bend and beats ND in an OOC game before we do, the Hecht must burn.

Advertisement
I'm hoping by him being so close some of his magic will waft its way into Coral Gables and grace us.

He is risen!

Hehe...what "Magic" are you referring to?

Here's his record per four-letter network: "...Davis, 64, was 51-20 at Miami from 1995 through 2000 and 28-23 at North Carolina from 2007 through 2010. He spent nearly four seasons (2001-04) as head coach of the NFL's Cleveland Browns, going 24-35."

He lost an average of 4 games a year here. MR has lost 4 in his first year and he's already a "Corch" with banner threats and suicide hot lines lighting up, not mention the barfbag industry relocating to SFLA. In addition, he lost an average of 5.5 games a year at NC. Should I even mention his NFL record?

I think posters here are always trying to repeat their first girlfriend experience, no matter the reality. BD left when it was right for him to leave. Yes he developed kids well, but that's his only strength. I think he had reached his potential here, and he knew it.

Now let the down-voting commence.

if we were in the year 2006 I'd be more worried about this hire

It's possible for him to have an impact. But only if he finds young savages to be Assistants who want to make their mark and are willing to work long hours to move up to Division 1.

He must be lamenting the fact that he can longer use the tragic deaths of Pata and Taylor in his recruiting pitches.

Advertisement
I am happy for him that he got this gig, and I am also happy that a lot of kids who love playing football (especially those who are overlooked by "bigger" programs) will have the ability to hone their skills at FIU under a good coach. A lot of times we forget that for many of these kids football is a skill that they want to develop to have an actual career and make their lives better. That's why I am excited that they will have the chance to do so at FIU.

i wouldnt have taken this job..he must really want to live in miami. I think he could of gotten a mid major job elsewhere this go round

This job is a stepping stone for him. Consider it a mouthwash after eating bad ****y. He lands a legit job after this one.

We play FIU on 9/22 2018, so start the countdown...

We will beat them by 50 & every Butch Davis worshipping clown on here might die from heartache.

He's an enemy now, so f*ck him & every one of y'all that love him so much...

ITS CANES OVER EVERYTHANG!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good luck to the man. It should he his last ride into the sunset, but I'm not sure it'll have a happy end to his story.

Advertisement
Paul Davis Da Gawd to FIU?

tumblr_mgn59ycFCd1rg0lgoo1_500.gif

Advertisement
Back