Butch Davis to FIU

I'm sure Butch is afraid of Lane freaking Kiffin and Charlie Strong.... wow some are you absolutely hilarious.

Advertisement
I'm sure that Randy has a timeline for getting a HC position. When and if the time comes which he haven't yet landed a HC position, he will for sure be open to a DC position and taking that position at a lower tier school under either of these coaches now will be a better decision than wasting time in an advisory role at UF. MOMENTUM IS HUGE!!!

Butch is ****ed. The only FL kids left he'll be able to pull are from the boys and girls club. And they're coached by Dorito.

you people are so funny. Strong had a two year run because of Teddy and the kids that came when shannon was fired. still has to prove himself.
Kiffen failed how many times as an HC? he also gets NCAA investigations going everywhere he pops up

Advertisement
Butch will soon be using schtick that involves a phrase like "We're gonna put a fence around Dade County". He'll obviously leave out the part where that fence will only be effective in keeping 2 star kids in Dade but even then it's almost all he'd need to be successful- relatively speaking, of course.

What I think you'll see (and I'm no recruiting expert) is now a severe regionalization of the 3 star and below kids that don't get offers from the Big 3 Florida schools. You will actually see Chuckie Weak try to lock down Tampa for those kids and Frost do the same in Orlando and so on and so on. Not that this wasn't already kinda the case but it'll be even more evident now.

When you leave a dynasty for Cleveland (and you aren't Lebron)....this is what happens

The next headline will read, "Florida Recruiting It's A Strong Hold Robbery" with USF signing of Randy Shannon and Clint Hurtt!!! Oh, yeah this could get interesting for sure!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone who thought he would have success at FIU should get a lobotomy. It is the end of the road for coaches, same with FAU and other never have or never will universities across the country. It doesn't matter who those other schools hired, nobody wants to go to FIU versus USF, etc.

Kiffin made a huge mistake in leaving Alabama for FAU. Butch didn't have any other options and Kiffin's current role was a more desirable one than coaching at FAU.

It's threads like this that confirm the fact that Butch Davis is indeed a football God.

I've never seen pack of groupies like this.

Anyone who thought he would have success at FIU should get a lobotomy. It is the end of the road for coaches, same with FAU and other never have or never will universities across the country. It doesn't matter who those other schools hired, nobody wants to go to FIU versus USF, etc.

Kiffin made a huge mistake in leaving Alabama for FAU. Butch didn't have any other options and Kiffin's current role was a more desirable one than coaching at FAU.

Depends on how you define success. I think a lot of people jump to Herman's mark at Houston against good teams as the standard for some reason when that's not the case. Look at what Luigi actually did at FIU and how it was deemed a "success". No reason Butch can't match that standard.

Advertisement
There are enough diamond in the rough's at every losing school in South Florida, to develop some sleeping giants no one noticed.

So the biggest change in my opinion, is that you'll have less kids leaving the state...to go play is Midwest conferences, etc.

Example: Those S. Florida kids in UTAH for certain would love to have had the opportunity to play for Strong, Butch, and Kiffien

Last edited:
Between Butch and Kiffin and Strong... There's going to be a bunch of Shady stuff going on, but I think it'll be too Obvious, in the event they're able to steal some of the top notch kids of the state.

Do people exist that are so mentally deficient that they think that these guys can steal "top-notch" talent? Apparently there are.

In the end, prime-time TV exposure will win out!

Between Butch and Kiffin and Strong... There's going to be a bunch of Shady stuff going on, but I think it'll be too Obvious, in the event they're able to steal some of the top notch kids of the state.

Do people exist that are so mentally deficient that they think that these guys can steal "top-notch" talent? Apparently there are.

Advertisement
What seemed to be the start of one the greatest comebacks ever has crumbled less than two weeks later. Strong to USF and Kiffin to FIU; Butch has got to be kicking rocks right about now. If you thought it would be a challenge for Butch to put together a top staff before this news broke, the odds have just doubled because now FAU will have to split that pool of talented coaches with USF and FIU. **** Butch you had better grab Randy before one of these guys do! And then there's Scott Frost at UCF... Oh ****, ****, ****!!!

I don't think anybody but you thought that. If Butch is the ace talent evaluator that people say he is, he should be fine.

What seemed to be the start of one the greatest comebacks ever has crumbled less than two weeks later. Strong to USF and Kiffin to FIU; Butch has got to be kicking rocks right about now. If you thought it would be a challenge for Butch to put together a top staff before this news broke, the odds have just doubled because now FAU will have to split that pool of talented coaches with USF and FIU. **** Butch you had better grab Randy before one of these guys do! And then there's Scott Frost at UCF... Oh ****, ****, ****!!!

I don't think anybody but you thought that. If Butch is the ace talent evaluator that people say he is, he should be fine.

Oh Mightymite, who are you with this week? U Nipples were just jumping up and down just the other week about how great Butch was compared to Randy.

Oh Mightymite, who are you with this week? U Nipples were just jumping up and down just the other week about how great Butch was compared to Randy.

I don't know what that means.

I'd bet Kiffin does the best of the three in the long run. He's just more charismatic and a bigger name. Strong will also do good at USF because they have a good QB. Can't see Butch doing anymore than Howard did when he returned to coach at fAU

Advertisement
Back