Butch Davis to FIU

Advertisement
Honestly wouldnt be shocked if Coker got a call. Doesnt he still live in Miami?

Coker is done with football for good. He's even older than Butch. It's pretty well recorded that Coker was having 10,000 surgeries and was barely even coaching his last year or 2 at UTSA.

I certainly don't have any ill will towards Butch. He left 15 years ago. It's water under the bridge but I would be weary of joining him. Pete Garcia is desperate to save his job and he's hoping lighting will strike twice in bringing in Butch. Considering it's FIU and he's in Miami's shadow in this town and recruiting against every other major program, it's a risk.

Advertisement
I cant wait till he makes FIU a playoff contender. With his unnatural ability to find kids that are not highly recruited and his ability to coach them up I am sure FIU will be ranked in 3 years and from then on its over in the state of Florida.

That $1.8M assistant coach budget that FIU gave David won't get him much. He'll continue scratching around in the dumpster until he finds a slug who will take a pittance.

By way of comparison, stinking *** Purdue gave Brohm an assistant budget of $3.6M.

And gave him over 3 million a year!

How many Butch building his staff threads do we need?

In all fairness it's not easy at all to get assistants to go to a team like FIU. Even if Saban were coaching at FIU he'd have trouble building a staff.

Advertisement
Butch gonna hire Dorsey, Reed, Etc

This must be the Dorsey and Reed who you're talking about:

IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3160.jpg

Because Ken Dorsey and Ed Reed won't be joining that shīt show. They have much better jobs now. I know you must be joking.

Advertisement
It's a very strange thing that so many posters on this board enjoy poking fun at a solid ex-Miami HC and a solid asst coach for the university before that.

Advertisement
MODS.....might want to start a new board for those obsessed with Butchie the great & :stupid:

Advertisement
Back