Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

So are all the other “bag” schools. I'm pretty sure Alabama doesn't have the wealthiest alumni base either.

Time for Harvard and Yale to get back to winning nattys.
Baga's endowment is like $200 million less than ours and actually really pathetic in terms of large public institutions. Spending on football ≠ the wealth of your alumni but does reflect your institution's priorities.

Advertisement
There is a Latin Billionaire who has always wanted to buy the Heat or Dolphins. I think he's a UM fan too. Not sure I might be a little Baked right now. Haha
Just went through a list of alumnis.

I think we are okay in terms of having wealthy alumni.

Dan Lambert, owner of elite MMA gym American Top Team, just announced that he is committing $540k a year ($500 a month for each scholarship player) to advertise for his team and products. This is a groundbreaking deal.

He is also starting the Bring Back the U foundation to encourage and organize further investment from the local community. Kendrick Norton will be running the foundation with Lambert and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal will act as brand ambassador.
How do efforts like this compare w/ booster efforts already in place @ other schools?

If we're being real the CFB we all knew has been dead for a while now. Every year it's Bama, Clemson & Taint with a legitimate chance to win the CFP, plus Georgia/LSU, ND or Oregon/Washington with an outside chance if they're the 4th team in. It's ******* boring and outside of what Miami does I've become largely apathetic to the rest of the sport because of it.

Whether this proves to benefit Miami and the rest of CFB wrt leveling the playing field in the long run remains to be seen. If nothing else it throws a wild card onto the table for a while. Eventually either the limp-**** NCAA will try to step in and increase NIL regulation, or Congress will.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know nothing about NIL rules, but the University should consider something like one would see in Formula 1 (sponsor logo on the car, race suit, t-shirt, hat, etc.). For instance, you have the team (University of Miami) and sponsors the are pervasive across the team (i.e. American Top Team) and put the logo on a warm-up shirt. Then you have the player (King) and his sponsors go on his personal sideline hat (i.e. Wharf). Rent space on University warm-up shirts or something, the front of the shirt costs more than a sleeve... you get my point. You see it all across F1... a guy like Sergio Perez races for Red Bull who has their own sponsors and Perez himself is sponsored by a company like Kavak... benefits both the team and player.

Maybe they've already done that I have not been paying attention.

Advertisement
Does this mean the photoshopped picture in the SI article has to be redone so the jerseys read "all about Us."

Advertisement
A lot of the racists in the $EC schools would rather donate to the school though and not put their money directly in the hands of their players. I don’t think they can scale like we can, especially with our Caribbean/Latin American connections.

will be a fun arms race to find out!

Advertisement
Back