Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Another thing- Miami is the center of the crypto universe in the US at least. I bet we will see some crypto sponsorships coming soon!

Advertisement
A lot of the racists in the $EC schools would rather donate to the school though and not put their money directly in the hands of their players. I don’t think they can scale like we can, especially with our Caribbean/Latin American connections.

will be a fun arms race to find out!
So true. A lot of them are strongly against NIL. They’re about the brand over the actual players. But this is clearly a scenario of get with it or get lost.

If this turns into which program has the richest alumni base to do this we are absolutely fcked

You aren't wrong, but I suspect Miami (and its athletes) will have a little extra appeal for actual marketing purposes compared to a lot of those other programs. My hope is some alumni/boosters will still be expecting to see the potential for a return on their investment, which is benefits a school like us (in a market like ours) compared to most other programs.

Otherwise, watch out for Stanford football in the next 4 years!

So are all the other “bag” schools. I'm pretty sure Alabama doesn't have the wealthiest alumni base either.

Time for Harvard and Yale to get back to winning

We might not be as bad off as thought.

Advertisement
FRM is probably involved. I want the players eating but I am weary of FRM
Yep. Once they link it back to this & we have a player sign with them...

NCAA:
200.gif

Advertisement
Cool..but that oil money in Texas hits a bit harder😂..dade county dope boys and the medallin leftovers in the 305 need to come through
It does but I think the psychology in different areas of kids is going to show here soon. Texas kids historically have not given a **** about a bag. I know the narrative is Florida kids do. We’ll see how much this alters that perception

Advertisement
I'm still long on major urban, commercial centers with diverse and robust business climates.

The shoe companies will obviously be major players and I am eagerly waiting for the first "legal" Reggie Bush. But outside of the potential national shoe/athletics brand endorsement, I think the majority of the market - at least initially - will be served by local business interests and merchants. I personally don't foresee other major national consumer companies getting involved at this stage: soft drinks, snacks, automobiles, etc. Once you're a proven commodity as a Junior/Senior - see Trevor Lawrence - then maybe.

Places like Alabama and Auburn may have an advantage in that they have less competition for their entertainment dollars. Its Alabama and Auburn basically. But the entire state is roughly 4 million people. Dade county alone is almost 3 million. To say nothing of Broward (1.7M) and Palm Beach (1.5M).

So in my opinion, that density of opportunities will be really important in enticing and recruiting talent both out of high school but as well as the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And so begins the death of CFB. Rich donors will create "companies" for students to "sponsor" and get paid. Good for the kids, bad for the sport
Yep, this has always been so obvious. Just brings the bags out into the open. As you say, good for the kids....

Pretty **** awesome that each football player is getting an extra $500/month. Being in college with that kind of cash flow is significant for saving for your future, giving back to your family, or balling out. Other schools will copy us but hopefully recruits around the country notice who is leading the charge.
It doesn’t say they’re going to get $500 a month, it says they can make up to $500 a month.

When Bama strikes a deal with Mercedes Benz, Coca Cola and Aflac for the same **** at 10X the payout, I don't want to hear it lol Saban is connected to those companies and will have no problem pulling strings to make it happen

Those are global brands. They aren’t going to give Alabama players $5 million a year just cause Nick Saban wants them to.

Advertisement
Back