Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Advertisement
Dan Lambert, owner of elite MMA gym American Top Team, just announced that he is committing $540k a year ($500 a month for each scholarship player) to advertise for his team and products. This is a groundbreaking deal.

He is also starting the Bring Back the U foundation to encourage and organize further investment from the local community. Kendrick Norton will be running the foundation with Lambert and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal will act as brand ambassador.

I have to imagine that it can be used as a recruiting tool for ATT for those guys whose football career ends after UM. Great career alternative.

Advertisement
Great to see locals in the Miami, actually back the athletics.
From what I read on here (which I know is limited) it seems UM is seen a bit out of touch with the rest of the general public in Miami!

Hopefully this keep rolling! One poster said this in a another post, people within America can point to Tuscaloosa, but everyone around the world can point to Miami on a map. I'm one of those people and I have a degree in Geography! I only know Tuscaloosa is in Alabama cause of CFB!

Advertisement
Fast forward 12 months from now and you'll probably see some crazy stupid deals come out similar to this. Great to see us leading here but these are still early days. No way The Rock and/or ARod don't figure out a way to get involved.

This will become an arms race until NCAA probably steps back in to regulate.

To be honest, I am surprised that a bigger state progrm didnt come up with this and Miami is the first university to get such a deal within the first weeks of the NIL existing.

Generally, Miami and its players are a step ahead in this area at this point. They look very prepared.

Advertisement
Hard to find a community doing more to help its flagship program the way Miami is for the Hurricanes right now. This is awesome.

Advertisement
Dan Lambert, owner of elite MMA gym American Top Team, just announced that he is committing $540k a year ($500 a month for each scholarship player) to advertise for his team and products. This is a groundbreaking deal.

He is also starting the Bring Back the U foundation to encourage and organize further investment from the local community. Kendrick Norton will be running the foundation with Lambert and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal will act as brand ambassador.
Brilliant. Love it,

Last edited:
So are all the other “bag” schools. I'm pretty sure Alabama doesn't have the wealthiest alumni base either.

Time for Harvard and Yale to get back to winning nattys.
Fordham should be up there too.

Advertisement
Back