Burgess Owens interview

The Civil War was economic and political. The free labor in the South has giving the southern states economic dominance and political clout over the north. Many people who championed the abolitionist movement were true believers, but many were just in it for political gain and ambivalent about the actual conditions of black people.

They wanted to end slavery to prevent the southern states usurping the power traditionally held by the north. The south balked and seceded. The Union sent troops down and it was on.

Black’s were just a pawn in the game of rich and powerful white men, same as today.

Democrats don’t actually want to compensate blacks for America’s mistreatment( as they have for MANY other groups). They just trying to get some presidential votes with the illusion of 40 acres and a mule.

At least the Republicans are open and honest about not giving a **** about our problems.

Very true. I just don't like to hear people down talk all the troops that gave their lives to free the slaves. A lot of northern troops were fighting to free slaves. There are even diaries found of northern troops talking about how they were fighting to free the slaves.

Advertisement
LOL, funny the States with the most people telling others to "pick themselves up by the bootstrap" are the most Federally dependent:

View attachment 88276

The illusion and delusion of the self made man is the biggest propaganda piece pushed by economic exploiters fighting to maintain the status quo.

Corporate subsidies, farming subsidies, oil subsidies, housing subsidies, public works, homesteading and many, many other programs built white wealth with the federal governments help. Black people were always cut out of these things until very recently.

Government handouts are fine as long as it is not a black man or woman being compensated for the labor and wealth stolen from them by this nation’s policies.

Advertisement
I mean going to war to stop slavery, regardless of his opinion on if blacks should vote or not, is pretty **** progressive and should be commended. I am sure 100% of slaves would prefer to be free and not be able to vote, serve on juries(I wish I had the privilege to never serve on jury duty), hold office, or marry whites, than be working in fields.

Free? lmao...tell that to the 100% of slaves who were "freed" yet still treated like slaves...U sound dumb as U know what

Advertisement
I still can't comprehend how a human being could think it's alright to own another.

So you disagree that thousands of Americans are living in tents or boxes in Polosis district? How about thousands of drug addict living on those same streets? Or is it you don't believe we should take care of all Americans first? This is what liberal democrats do to our cities.

A bit off topic, but I probably would laugh my *** off if that 500 pound private cop with a glued on badge tried to arrest me. Who had the bright idea to use him as the Private Police model for the video?

Cis desperate to allow bs political and social discussion on this subject. Guess they need to build up the hits for sponsors. Political discussion was suppose to be a no-no on this site. Amazing.

image.gif

Advertisement
So you disagree that thousands of Americans are living in tents or boxes in Polosis district? How about thousands of drug addict living on those same streets? Or is it you don't believe we should take care of all Americans first? This is what liberal democrats do to our cities.

LOL, if you don't wanna be homeless, don't move to a State where the cost of living far exceeds anything you'll ever earn...not my fault.

Plenty of States in America where you can find a good job & a decent place to live at a good price.

And no, I don't want my tax dollars going towards druggies, just say no.

We really do need to two things as a country.
1. Handle mental illness better. Get people help before they become a problem.
2. Take better care of our veterans. From health care to homelessness, veterans should be taken care of.

Do these two things and you'll reduce homelessness, suicides, and school shootings. Why isn't this a priority? Who's benefitting from it staying a problem?

Cis desperate to allow bs political and social discussion on this subject. Guess they need to build up the hits for sponsors. Political discussion was suppose to be a no-no on this site. Amazing.
Yes... it's a slow off season and the mods have been told to stand down for the weekend.

Advertisement
I mean going to war to stop slavery, regardless of his opinion on if blacks should vote or not, is pretty **** progressive and should be commended. I am sure 100% of slaves would prefer to be free and not be able to vote, serve on juries(I wish I had the privilege to never serve on jury duty), hold office, or marry whites, than be working in fields.

I don't understand why people don't just listen to what "Honest Abe" himself said about why he went to war:

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views."

(Lincoln's letter to Horace Greeley, editor of the New York Tribune, August 22, 1862)

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

I don't understand why people don't just listen to what "Honest Abe" himself said about why he went to war:

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views."

(Lincoln's letter to Horace Greeley, editor of the New York Tribune, August 22, 1862)

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

Is this the first time you read a statement from a politician? Actions speak louder than words.

Advertisement
Back