Burgess Owens interview

Advertisement
We really do need to two things as a country.
1. Handle mental illness better. Get people help before they become a problem.
2. Take better care of our veterans. From health care to homelessness, veterans should be taken care of.

Do these two things and you'll reduce homelessness, suicides, and school shootings. Why isn't this a priority? Who's benefitting from it staying a problem?

1. End the War on Drugs. The single worst US domestic policy in the past fifty years. Lord knows how many hundreds of thousands of lives ruined by mass incarceration, organized violent crime around the world, and trillions of dollars wasted.

Best way to take care of vets is to stop starting phake nooz wars like Iraq, or Iran like the Trump administration is trying to gas us up to do now.
These problems didn't start with Iraq, they go back a lot further.

Iran is a whole separate issue. If we go to war, its because they want it, not us.

1. End the War on Drugs. The single worst US domestic policy in the past fifty years. Lord knows how many hundreds of thousands of lives ruined by mass incarceration, organized violent crime around the world, and trillions of dollars wasted.
Don't get me started on prison reform. That's another "follow the money" issue. I've got no problem with ending cartels and punishing traffickers, but the penny ante charges are complete bs.

"Fifty years"?...nahhhh, goes back further than that.

And let's call the War On Drugs what it really is, the War On Non-White People:

Advertisement

Focus the war on drugs. Increased crime came along w crack cocaine epidemic. It isn’t the only cause. But it is a cause.

We shouldn’t be spending resources and jail space on marijuana users and dealers.

Crack leads to a lot of other crimes-some violent. Dealing in stolen property, burglary, strong arm robbery to name a few.

Did it ever occur to you that since there was no comment that I just put that graphic up there so that anyone could use it? There are enough stupid people in this thread, don’t be one by jumping to conclusions.
You sound too defensive by two thirds. It’s reasonable to infer people’s views from their posts. That’s the nature of message boards. If you don’t want to admit or defend your own views, why bother with these posts you claim had no point to make?

Social Security and Medicare are not government benefits for those of us who paid into it our entire working careers but there are folks collecting that did not contribute...sad! The corporations I worked for provided a great retirement and full medical coverage until the government came up with medicare and not doing social security was not a public option. Galveston Texas opted out of SS...here is the difference:

SS versus alternate

Advertisement
Stop with the elementary debate tactics. I’m not defensive, you just stupidly jumped to a conclusion because you wanted to spar with me. It was just dumb; and now you’re lost trying to figure out which rabbit hole you were trying to go down. Just man up and say my bad, or be the ***** you’re portraying yourself to be at the moment. Your choice, makes no difference to me.
Lol. You are the whiny debater here, trying to ****post then hide from obvious responses. If it makes you feel good, go for it.

Nope, it’s you.

And you’re being a little ***** by not being able to admit that you stupidly jumped to the wrong conclusion. Trying to cover your *** but it just shows what a coward you are. Newsflash: you’re “anonymous”.
Sure. You posted the link for no reason other than to help other people, but you have no horse in this race. Got it. Just like you jumped into the thread to attack the OP, but have no view on the subject of OP. Your heated rhetoric really proves your point. Well done!

Focus the war on drugs. Increased crime came along w crack cocaine epidemic. It isn’t the only cause. But it is a cause.

We shouldn’t be spending resources and jail space on marijuana users and dealers.

Crack leads to a lot of other crimes-some violent. Dealing in stolen property, burglary, strong arm robbery to name a few.

I don’t disagree. There are some limitations to legalizing all drugs.

Advertisement

That’s only because of the high cost and fleeting high that leads to a HUGE crash and desperate acts to get out of that crash. Real crack heads don’t really get that high. They smoke because of how abysmal the low is not smoking.

If it was legal and regulated like alcohol, the price would PLUMMET and there would be little drug related violence.

What people don’t realize is that drug users are generally lazy people who want to sit around and get high.

Alcohol causes way more violence, death, and carnage, yet it flows freely in public places. Prohibition created more alcohol use AND the blight of prohibition related violence.

It doesn’t work and the fact people still support the drug war is a testament to the power of propaganda.

I thought the opiate and prescription pill epidemic destroying the white community would give Prohibitionists a clue, but they have doubled down on the carnage, pushing idealism over realism.

Advertisement
That’s only because of the high cost and fleeting high that leads to a HUGE crash and desperate acts to get out of that crash. Real crack heads don’t really get that high. They smoke because of how abysmal the low is not smoking.

If it was legal and regulated like alcohol, the price would PLUMMET and there would be little drug related violence.

What people don’t realize is that drug users are generally lazy people who want to sit around and get high.

Alcohol causes way more violence, death, and carnage, yet it flows freely in public places. Prohibition created more alcohol use AND the blight of prohibition related violence.

It doesn’t work and the fact people still support the drug war is a testament to the power of propaganda.

I thought the opiate and prescription pill epidemic destroying the white community would give Prohibitionists a clue, but they have doubled down on the carnage, pushing idealism over realism.

Prohibition was key to funding the rise of organized crime.

Last edited:
First time you've seen what Lincoln actually said on the matter?

Nope I have seen it before. I just actually used my head and realized it was just political speak to get the entire north(racists and non racists alike) to support his cause to go to war with the south.

It must be nice being gullible enough to believe everything a politician says. I wish I was that naive.

Let me put it this way. American prisons are probably the second most secure buildings in the world, right behind American military bases. Everyone is searched before coming into these buildings. Besides the guards no one leaves the secure areas unless they are never coming back in. They have metal detectors, density detectors, drug sniffing dogs, thick walls, etc. Everything possible is done to keep drugs out of these places, yet drugs are rampant inside of prisons. If they can't keep drugs out of a place like that, there is no way in **** they are keeping them out of the entire country.

It’s weak cowards like you -always trying to push your political agendas on this site- that have to be pointed out. OP, like you, is diseased by low self-esteem, and feels like it’s empowering in a perverse way. It’s stupid. You’re stupid. It just shows how weak you are. No one is this victimized; but all you guys live for is to complain. And, that’s why you’re attempting, and failing miserably mind you, to project your incel fears onto me.
Ah, now you come at me for my agenda. Funny, considering one post ago you were denying you had one in this thread. Not that anyone believed you. Other than yourself. You do seem to take yourself seriously. Are you as insecure as your pathetic name calling posts make you sound? Or is this some shtick you think is clever?

Advertisement
Back