NBA Bucks just boycotted Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean the guy who had the cops called on him for trespassing and a domestic violence situation, has an open warrant for sexual assault and domestic violence, wrestled away from the cops, and then decided the smart thing to do after a physical altercation with police was to walk over and open up his car door? this guy was just arrested less than 2 months ago for pulling a gun on people at a bar and just added more to his record because he's a dumbass. why should there be any sympathy for this idiot?

Horrible take.

None of that justifies them shooting him once, but they did so 7 times.

Always trying to dig up someones dirty laundry to justify dumb **** police do.

Advertisement
The NBA regular season product has been a joke for a long time. Half *** effort and isolation ball. I haven't watched a full non conference finals or better game in a long time. I support the players speaking out and i respect their choice to sit out a game but if they protract this it won't end well for the NBA. I hope they factor in preserving their platform.

Not denying that he shouldn't have walked away but shooting him 7 times is wrong.

One small guy versus 3 cops. I'm pretty confident that there was another way for them to stop him from walking away. The point is excessive use of force was utilized, and unnecessary measures were taken. Does cops need to be locked the **** up and have their badges taken away.
The public needs to be educated on how to interact with law enforcement. Police officers have to assume worst case scenario.

Ok sit 2, 3,5,10 games, and what happens? Actors get paid to act, players get played to play, singers get paid to sing. Refuse to do those things long term and that privilege starts dwindling away real quick. See what happens when no one cares about you anymore. NBA ratings are already ****, this is the last thing the league needs when they were building some good momentum with some really good performances the past few days.
Ratings are increasingly **** for all sports in the era of chord cutting, except cfb, and they were down too until this year.

I do agree w your initial point about what sitting ultimately solves. They need to use their platform for more, and Im sure they'll attempt to.

Y'all don't really care about China. If you did, you'd be on the NFL's *** too, which actually has a pretty big presence in China unbeknownst to many.

You'd also be on Apple's ***. And Wal-Mart's. And you certainly wouldn't like the $$$ Saudi Arabia which is literally wiping an entire country off the face of the Earth. They invest billions in our sports.

The issues aren't conflated. Bringing up China is a version of ALL LIVES MATTER. You don't get to choose what someone decides to protest on. It is the equivalent of screaming at MLK and Malcolm X "What about Nelson Mandela and apartheid South Africa?"
Let's be honest, the USA sent capitalist to exploit cheap chinese labor and lax environmental laws and now we're just paying the bill.

Advertisement
Ratings are increasingly **** for all sports in the era of chord cutting, except cfb, and they were down too until this year.

I do agree w your initial point about what sitting ultimately solves. They need to use their platform for more, and Im sure they'll attempt to.
I'm all for bringing about police reform, taking power away from the unions, etc. But just taking your ball and going home solves absolutely nada. Where are the ideas, whats the plan? What NBA players are engaging in discussion besides Lebron running to twitter and yelling at the clouds that he demands change. Ok what change there buddy, whats your plan?

I'm all for bringing about police reform, taking power away from the unions, etc. But just taking your ball and going home solves absolutely nada. Where are the ideas, whats the plan? What NBA players are engaging in discussion besides Lebron running to twitter and yelling at the clouds that he demands change. Ok what change there buddy, whats your plan?
I'm with you here. I know Bron has his voting initiative, but its gotta be a collective thing.

Advertisement
Ironically these brave gentlemen and nba execs all told Mr Morey to pretty much shut up and dribble when he called out China. They don’t want to hurt 10 % of their money that comes from China and expected to grow to 20 % in the next next 5-10 years. It’s amazing when billions of dollars is involved folks aren’t as brave.
Or as principled.

So they had to wait until he walked around his car and attempted to enter to use deadly force?

So what Muslims are being killed , people enslaved , concentration camps and forced labor.

Show me how brave you are, somebody put their money where their mouth is.
Muslims are literally being held in camps waiting to be harvested for their organs, look it up if you don't believe me.

Makes me sick getting scolled by the NBA while they literally support a communist party partaking modern day slavery and torture

Advertisement
BREAKING:

Black Americans care more when injustice happens in their backyard to people that look like them then overseas. Shocker

Yeah but they did the exact same thing to morey for speaking out against China. Lebron called him even though he was completely uneducated on the subject. “Shutup and dribble unless it doesn’t hurt my money”. Kinda hypocritical. Especially when China is killing , enslaving hundreds of thousands of people a year.

...when the uneducated nba or any sports players speak up about the real crime/victims, then people may listen. until then, they are jumping the shark and pushing a narrative and people, as they have been with the nba for the last few years, turning the channel.

Advertisement
Thread Reply Ban - Bye, Bro. No P rhymes with analytics.
The right only cares about the Chinese people when NBA players speak up. I thought it was Make America Great Again? :pgdead:

Stop gaslighting

Dont resist u won't get shot--dont punch and take a cops taser and point it at him you won't get shot-listen to instructions you won't get shot-what led to these shootings? oh thats right the media never shows the "victim" acting like a thug
This quite frankly is the most racist **** I've seen on this forum.

Thread Reply Ban - This is a football board. Take the p rhymes with analytical shit elsewhere.
Unless we mention their other part of their mission statement. Transgender affirming, dismantle cis-gender, free from the patriarch, get rid of the family nucles, and let's not forget the whole Marxist anti-Capitalist stuff in there too.

This movement is clearly hijacked by the radical left, a true BLM movement would talk about black on black crime, 22 million black aborted babies, welfare destroying black communities, minimum wage laws effectively kicking out most young black males from the work force, imprisoning black fathers thanks to Bidens war on crime laws, no school voucher forcing inner city kids to "stay in their lane" etc etc
Really??? Mass incarceration in is destroying this country! Wake the **** up! Our laws are corrupt and filling people’s pockets with wealth at the expense of the poor ( many of them black). Private prisons, lobbyists going after marijuana, Republicans ( and some democrats) and their dumbass war on drugs.
Are all the police and establishment complicit in this mess? No, but a substantial element is. It needs to be torn the **** down!!! Hey, some of my best friends are cops, but there’s no way you can deny that police get away with a lot of criminal activity, it needs to stop. I know first hand that police get away with a lot of criminal activity but are protected unreasonably.
The US has put down the black man since the beginning (and even before) the founding of this country. In fact it was built on white Americans keeping its knee on the their necks. Don’t believe me? Read a ******* history book.
The reckoning has come, I suggest you get on the right side of the argument make an honest argument that the US government has treated black people altruistically and has not systemically oppressed people of color. You’ll know it’s not true, time to check your humanity at the door and decide if you’re going to play politics or support what is right and just. This is a turning point for this nation, let’s hope we make the right decisions going forward

it’s the unfortunate trut, I spent time in the South, playing college ball in the early ‘90’s, racism was alive and well! No denying it, let’s do something about it for once and get America going in the right direction again

According to what I read and what I saw, he did not trespass nor was he involved in the domestic dispute. There were two women fighting and he was attempting to break up the altercation. Now if that's a crime then I don't know what the f*** is.

Also, you need to check yourself. I'm not here to judge his past. You are actively dehumanizing him by stating his previous faults. I'm pretty sure there are many people on this board who have committed plenty of crimes but I would never advocate for them to be shot in front of their three kids seven times in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back