NBA Bucks just boycotted Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay some ppl support some ppl oppose. the real question however is does this spread to CFB?? I hope we play this season. But things like this can go viral, depends on how press covers it and pushes it same with social media. We will see. Perhaps if it’s just a few games boycott then it will be over by the time CFB starts?

Advertisement
Facts but don’t say anything against the contrary or you’ll be called a Trump loving racist.
Let's say the players wait for these facts you're talking about. Let's say they come out next week for argument's sake. And it is confirmed the officers were in the wrong. And then players decide to sit out. Would it be acceptable?

Something tells me no matter when they sit, certain folks will complain. It'll be "Well what about Hong Kong (typed from an iPhone manufactured in China)?" or "Well what about all the shootings in Chicago?" It'll be "But he was a (insert criminal record which has nothing to do with the shooting)" In short, there is NOTHING they can do other than shut up and dribble that will satisfy certain folks.

The bigger question is are some of y'all gonna not watch Canes games anymore if they start sitting out or kneeling bc of the (inevitable) next police shooting?

Advertisement
you mean the guy who had the cops called on him for trespassing and a domestic violence situation, has an open warrant for sexual assault and domestic violence, wrestled away from the cops, and then decided the smart thing to do after a physical altercation with police was to walk over and open up his car door? this guy was just arrested less than 2 months ago for pulling a gun on people at a bar and just added more to his record because he's a dumbass. why should there be any sympathy for this idiot?
According to what I read and what I saw, he did not trespass nor was he involved in the domestic dispute. There were two women fighting and he was attempting to break up the altercation. Now if that's a crime then I don't know what the f*** is.

Also, you need to check yourself. I'm not here to judge his past. You are actively dehumanizing him by stating his previous faults. I'm pretty sure there are many people on this board who have committed plenty of crimes but I would never advocate for them to be shot in front of their three kids seven times in the back.

Last edited:
According to what I read and what I saw, he did not trespass nor was he involved in the domestic dispute. There were two women fighting and he was attempting to break up the altercation. Now if that's a crime then I don't know what the f*** is.

Also, you need to check yourself. I'm not here to judge his past. You are actively dehumanizing him by stating his previous faults. I'm pretty sure that's been many people on this board who have committed plenty of crimes but I would never advocate for them to be shot in front of their three kids seven times in the back.

You can't go to your car when the police say stop. That is not going to work.

Advertisement
Love it or hate it, what purpose does not playing a basketball game serve? What change it outcome will be brought about by this action? The answer to both is none. Regardless of intent, sitting out a basketball game isn't gonna be the gamechanger on whether or not a DA press charges.

I seriously doubt it's going to be just one game.

Y'all don't really care about China. If you did, you'd be on the NFL's *** too, which actually has a pretty big presence in China unbeknownst to many.

You'd also be on Apple's ***. And Wal-Mart's. And you certainly wouldn't like the $$$ Saudi Arabia which is literally wiping an entire country off the face of the Earth. They invest billions in our sports.

The issues aren't conflated. Bringing up China is a version of ALL LIVES MATTER. You don't get to choose what someone decides to protest on. It is the equivalent of screaming at MLK and Malcolm X "What about Nelson Mandela and apartheid South Africa?"

Advertisement
I seriously doubt it's going to be just one game.
Ok sit 2, 3,5,10 games, and what happens? Actors get paid to act, players get played to play, singers get paid to sing. Refuse to do those things long term and that privilege starts dwindling away real quick. See what happens when no one cares about you anymore. NBA ratings are already ****, this is the last thing the league needs when they were building some good momentum with some really good performances the past few days.

Who cares? The NBA ratings this year are abysmal in the first place. People/fans have been without sports so long now they have found other ways to utilize their time. Go find a real job like the rest of us working stiffs.

Advertisement
The shut up and dribble crowd is not going to like this :jordan:

bucks owner family supports it.

Ironically these brave gentlemen and nba execs all told Mr Morey to pretty much shut up and dribble when he called out China. They don’t want to hurt 10 % of their money that comes from China and expected to grow to 20 % in the next next 5-10 years. It’s amazing when billions of dollars is involved folks aren’t as brave.

You can't go to your car when the police say stop. That is not going to work.
Not denying that he shouldn't have walked away but shooting him 7 times is wrong.

One small guy versus 3 cops. I'm pretty confident that there was another way for them to stop him from walking away. The point is excessive use of force was utilized, and unnecessary measures were taken. Does cops need to be locked the **** up and have their badges taken away.

Ironically these brave gentlemen and nba execs all told Mr Morey to pretty much shut up and dribble when he called out China. They don’t want to hurt 10 % of their money that comes from China and expected to grow to 20 % in the next next 5-10 years. It’s amazing when billions of dollars is involved folks aren’t as brave.
BREAKING:

Black Americans care more when injustice happens in their backyard to people that look like them then overseas. Shocker

Soul searching huh do u know what he was reaching for? Could be ****, could be a nuclear bomb, could be a rubber ducky, could be a glock. Soul searching huh ur the one passing judgement with no facts.

Soul searching is ironic phrase coming from a misguided soul.
Yea because 5+ officers couldn't have apprehended him well before he walked around car and opened door. You can definitely smell white privilege through a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back