NBA Bucks just boycotted Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The problem with many on here is you try to make this a one size fits all for every police interaction when in fact they are hundreds of thousands of individual ones.

There is no comparison between this situation and the one in Minnesota. In one, a police officer murdered a cuffed man by kneeling on his neck until he died. That cop should spend the rest of his life in prison.

In Wisconsin a man acting irrationally intentionally disobeyed police commands to stop, walked around his car, opened his door and reached for an unknown object while multiple officers, guns drawn screamed for him to get down.

Black, white, brown or green-if you do that that cop is going to shoot you.

Stop trying to make them the same thing. Especially when we see 10 seconds of a much longer interaction.
And the only means cops have for combating potential assailants is deadly force. Gotcha.

Advertisement
You realize this is a dumb take right? Who do you think makes up the majority of their fan base?
Viewership is dramatically down, merchandise sales dramatically down....the people who spend money on the product are turned off by this. 8-20 year old fans might support the **** out of it, but the people spending the money are not into this nonsense.

Where is that RVACane who not long ago talked tough like he was personally going to take people off who discussed anything personally?

You don't get it. The police needs training on de-escalation, not preparing for the worst like they're at war with the public.
1) The war on drugs needs to end so the incentive to hire huge numbers of cops is removed.
2) Qualified immunity must end and cops, like every other profession, should carry their own liability insurance.
3) Police unions should never get a dime of taxpayer money. (No public sector unions should, for that matter).

"De-escalation training" is lipstick on a pig. It doesn't address any root issues.

I have not heard a single person in the NBA talk about what I listed above. Their "protest" is hollow.

Advertisement
Color doesn't matter man.
So I can kinda agree w those saying if you run what do you expect. Fair enough. Although the police have other options besides emptying a clip into you, I can get on that wavelength no matter how wrong I believe it to be it's just the reality of our law enforcement. Not condoning it, just acknowledging.

Where the divergence happens is thinking this mindset is equally applied to suspects. No one really, sincerely, genuinely, believes that, do they ?

Let them act ignorant. They know what they're doing. The differences are clear. History speaks for itself. They don't care about the black plight as long as they're reaping the benefits.

I appreciate your efforts though brother. Keep on fighting the good fight. Our kids will grow up in a better America than we did. Respect ✊🏾.

Advertisement
They won't be happy until they chase away their entire fan base.
They won’t be happy until people of color stop getting shot and killed unnecessarily. The fan base I’m sure isn’t their priority right now. When It happens on the football field I wonder how many fans won’t watch when they get back.

So I can kinda agree w those saying if you run what do you expect. Fair enough. Although the police have other options besides emptying a clip into you, I can get on that wavelength no matter how wrong I believe it to be it's just the reality of our law enforcement. Not condoning it, just acknowledging.

Where the divergence happens is thinking this mindset is equally applied to suspects. No one really, sincerely, genuinely, believes that, do they ?
No one is arguing that he should disobey police or even that he was in the right. The problem has clearly been addressed as police failing to use means other than deadly force.

Advertisement

He attacked a bystander btw too. Taken without shots fired.

How did I know the most ludicrous response would come from you. Big city cops face this kind of **** all the time and handle it the exact same way. Their jobs are made up of millions of individual interactions, all of them differrent.

This is what cops face every day too. What should cops do differently based on this going forward?

The answer is nothing. All they can do is go out and do their jobs to the best of their ability every day.

And the only means cops have for combating potential assailants is deadly force. Gotcha.

This response lets me know you're not intelligent enough to have an intelligent conversation with.

Go away doofus.

1) The war on drugs needs to end so the incentive to hire huge numbers of cops is removed.
2) Qualified immunity must end and cops, like every other profession, should carry their own liability insurance.
3) Police unions should never get a dime of taxpayer money. (No public sector unions should, for that matter).

"De-escalation training" is lipstick on a pig. It doesn't address any root issues.

I have not heard a single person in the NBA talk about what I listed above. Their "protest" is hollow.
You're options are solid. I like them but more programs need to be put into place, including de-escalation training. I have to disagree with your last point. LeBron, Greg Poppovich, Kyrie, Tim Hardaway Jr., Shaq, Mark Cuban have all articulated ways on improving the system, you just chose not to acknowledge it.

Where is that RVACane who not long ago talked tough like he was personally going to take people off who discussed anything personally?
I’m right here. Unlike you who sits around pondering which of your 6 or 7 other accounts you can still use to intra-act with yourself here, I actually work for a living so when I do get on the board I do what I say. I’ve got a stickied thread full of reply banned souls I’ve taken and more on the way.

Have you figured out which of your other accounts I’ve unbanned for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back