Bubba Bolden Rumors?

We didn't get him for depth we got home to make an impact. He's gonna get every opportunity to start.

I get that but you don’t walk in without playing football for a year and practice one week and produce against Florida. That’s not how college football works. Hall, Carter and Smith have been training and preparing for years in this defense.

Advertisement
He’s still going to play game 1...

How? He’s getting here in August, has to get acclimated, and by that point will not have played in an actual football game in almost 2 years.

I’ll repeat: will not have played in an actual football game in almost 2 years. How is he going to get meaningful minutes on August 27th, much less start.

Some of you people aren’t critical thinkers.

I’ve read people saying that he plays well in practice. I just don’t understand how that’s the case because the mistakes he makes is mainly due to his lack of athleticism.

I thought Smith was moved back to safety. I’d rather have him there than Knowles
10x over. Smith is a liability in coverage but he can tackle.

Advertisement
So you expect him to practice for 1 week and then be in the 2 deep? Camp will already be started by the time he enrolls in August and then he has like a 10 day acclimation period he has to go through before he can even practice.
It’s not a 10 day acclimation period its 5.

And first day he’s there he can practice

How? He’s getting here in August, has to get acclimated, and by that point will not have played in an actual football game in almost 2 years.

I’ll repeat: will not have played in an actual football game in almost 2 years. How is he going to get meaningful minutes on August 27th, much less start.

No one said he’s going to start game 1 especially now due to his possible late arrival but he will play in the some in the base defense and especially on special teams. That’s not going out on a limb by any means

It’s not a 10 day acclimation period its 5.
View attachment 88895

And first day he’s there he can practice

That’s good it’s only 5 days but when will he actually be enrolled. I would have to actually look at his timeline verse our practice schedule. The game being moved up a week leaves very little time for him to be in camp before Florida.

Advertisement
Welp that clears that up. Bubba won’t see the field till week 5 or so.

Let me edit this to be clear. He won’t be productive till week 5. He could play in weeks 2,3,4 but won’t really be playing serious minutes till week 5. If he enrolls in August, he has to go through the mandatory acclimation period by the NCAA so he really won’t be practicing till after the Florida game. He will be scout team week 1 most likely.
You acting like diaz defense is so hard to learn.

Acclimation is basically 2 days. You can be in helmets/shoulder pads after that and full pads after day 4.

Some of you just make things up about acclimation because the facts arent convenient for you. And he didnt play last year, but he went through Spring and Fall Camp at USC, and he's been healthy and training on his own since.

He's been away from the game the same as any regular, sit out transfer. He wont start or likely play much vs UF, but he should be ready to be an impact player vs UNC

Derrick Smith is a liability in coverage? Where you get that from?
Watching him play live in person. Let’s just say there’s a reason he was moved to striker. You and I have been through this before. You thought he could play FS at one point.

Advertisement
Watching him play live in person. Let’s just say there’s a reason he was moved to striker. You and I have been through this before. You thought he could play FS at one point.
Don’t really remember that? He has impressive ball skills, in the mold of rashawn jenkins imo

Its just like when players are returning from injuries and haven't played in over a year. How do they come back and start after not playing in so long?

You do know smith is playing fs now right? He was moved from striker in the spring.

Advertisement
No one said he’s going to start game 1 especially now due to his possible late arrival but he will play in the some in the base defense and especially on special teams. That’s not going out on a limb by any means

Two years not playing football and five days of practice and you think they’re throwing him out there against the turds?

I mean, clear your head. You must be drunk.

Two years not playing football and five days of practice and you think they’re throwing him out there against the turds?

I mean, clear your head. You must be drunk.
Once August comes around It would have literally been just under a year since he played not 2.... remember he was in line to start at Free safety game 1 for usc just last year in 2018..

Advertisement
Back