Bubba Bolden Rumors?

No way this kid starts over Carter or Hall for the UF game. Best case he's ready to knock heads on special teams and contribute in situation spots at safety.

Advertisement
Bubbas class ends August 6. We should expect within 48 hours after.
That’s not the news we want but it is what it is. There’s no way he’ll be ready to start game 0. You have to figure the toughest practices where guys will be fighting for spots will be ending right when he’s getting over the acclimation period. They’ll almost be to game planning week when he’s a full go.

Advertisement
Hate to say I told you so, but way back in this thread the common sense projection, based on enrollment and practice time, was that Bubba was not going to start and highly unlikely to get much safety playing time for the first game. Flog yourselves.

Wouldn’t bolden have played more free safety anyway which is the position gurvan Hall is already playing? If bolden was here at the start of camp I wouldnt Have been surprised if they had bolden as free safety and hall moved to strong safety or rover position.

Now we still can have hall at free safety and carter at strong safety/in the box type of guy. That bye week and weak schedule after uf is going to help bolden get even more ready too.

Keep knowles off the field is still the mantra,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bubbas class ends August 6. We should expect within 48 hours after.

I feel bad for the kid. He's literally getting dropped into a pressure cooker moving to Miami in August. I'm sure they'll ease him into things once he's here. That first morning practice at Greentree will be humid and he'll wonder what the **** he go himself into. It helps that we play BYE in week 1. They should be a pushover plus it gives Bolden more time to get familiarized.

Advertisement
Back