Bubba Bolden Rumors?

Advertisement
we didnt have the IPF when we played cincy
That was my point. UM practiced in South Florida heat; Cinncy didn't. Yet, we looked in worse shape -- conditioning-wise -- than they did late in the game. All these years, it was an accepted truth that UM had a huge advantage in being "used to" the tropical heat.

If there really is no advantage, why not use the IPF some now. Might prevent the Maryland situation with the player dying of heatstroke. That lead to all sorts of bad consequences for the Terps (coach fired, school sued, recruits pulling out, team revolt, etc.).

That was my point. UM practiced in South Florida heat; Cinncy didn't. Yet, we looked in worse shape -- conditioning-wise -- than they did late in the game. All these years, it was an accepted truth that UM had a huge advantage in being "used to" the tropical heat.

If there really is no advantage, why not use the IPF some now. Might prevent the Maryland situation with the player dying of heatstroke. That lead to all sorts of bad consequences for the Terps (coach fired, school sued, recruits pulling out, team revolt, etc.).

ah ok. gotcha

Advertisement

All that “practicing in the heat is our secret weapon” **** always smacked of the same dopey mindset that used to think depriving players of water during practice was a good thing.

I doubt that there’s any science to support the idea that continuous exposure to the crippling heat down here for weeks at a time while expending max physical effort is a positive thing for athletes long term. I think it’s a relic of old school antiquated thinking to think that’s a good thing.

I can see where some practice in the heat is a good thing to help acclimate to it. But I doubt that every day is a net positive. We’ve worn down over the course of seasons repeatedly, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it has something to do with all that draining and depletion of the body in this crippling heat for extended periods.

I’d rather see us practice some outdoors and some indoors to keep the guys fresh. The heat doesn’t make you fit. Working hard makes you fit. You can work just as hard or even harder indoors because you’re not sapped from the killer heat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
According to the Stroud interview this morning, Hill had to take classes after he graduated from Tech. You still have to qualify with the right prerequisites to get into graduate school, football or not. Good on Hill for getting it done.
On line class atleast that's what he told me

Advertisement
@dsddcane this QB race is crazy man. Give us the juice...who’s in front as of today?
Brother it would be no different right now. What media isnt telling yall about the scrimmage is it was doomed from the start. Should've never left campus. It was at st brendan on a brand new turf field(anyone who knows football knows tow treacherous brand new turf is just by itself) the rest of the issue was there was a ****** monsoon before during and after... no one could really stand out in that and were just really lucky we didnt have too many injuries.

@dsddcane this QB race is crazy man. Give us the juice...who’s in front as of today?
Only 1 man knows..............and he ain't talking.............let the Gators practice for all 3....
Enos loves this because they have no idea in ****, what he is going to bring, and Manny sits back and smiles..
String it out, and let them agonize..............yup.

Brother it would be no different right now. What media isnt telling yall about the scrimmage is it was doomed from the start. Should've never left campus. It was at st brendan on a brand new turf field(anyone who knows football knows tow treacherous brand new turf is just by itself) the rest of the issue was there was a ****** monsoon before during and after... no one could really stand out in that and were just really lucky we didnt have too many injuries.

i think it is important to leave campus in order to get into the mindset of playing a game away from the practice field. the fact that the scrimmage coincided with a monsoon is unlucky (they have a schedule to keep), but that's how **** goes in any sport and the team needs to handle that, just like when they came inside and then practiced outside in Open Practise [sic] #1. Manny noticed a lack of energy which is a function of mental weakness. bring on the monsoon, wild dogs and other distracting **** and let them learn to adjust.

Advertisement
Back