Bubba Bolden Rumors?

i think it is important to leave campus in order to get into the mindset of playing a game away from the practice field. the fact that the scrimmage coincided with a monsoon is unlucky (they have a schedule to keep), but that's how **** goes in any sport and the team needs to handle that, just like when they came inside and then practiced outside in Open Practise [sic] #1. Manny noticed a lack of energy which is a function of mental weakness. bring on the monsoon, wild dogs and other distracting **** and let them learn to adjust.
I agree it's good to leave campus and the weather conditions shouldn't matter. Playing on new turf where you're more inclined to get injured is another story. That's a fail. The staff should've coordinated something else.

Advertisement
i think it is important to leave campus in order to get into the mindset of playing a game away from the practice field. the fact that the scrimmage coincided with a monsoon is unlucky (they have a schedule to keep), but that's how **** goes in any sport and the team needs to handle that, just like when they came inside and then practiced outside in Open Practise [sic] #1. Manny noticed a lack of energy which is a function of mental weakness. bring on the monsoon, wild dogs and other distracting **** and let them learn to adjust.
Maybe they "lacked energy" because they didn't want go full blast on new turf and tear some tendons.

@rsa coral gables maybe you could be Mullens alpha dog? just playin....

Advertisement
I agree it's good to leave campus and the weather conditions shouldn't matter. Playing on new turf where you're more inclined to get injured is another story. That's a fail. The staff should've coordinated something else.

Well I guess Oregon should put some sacrificial lambs on their field for 2019 and play only road games this season considering they just installed new turf. Or is there a specific turf that leaves you more inclined to injuries when it is new? Also St. Brendan's turf was laid down before last season and they played a full schedule on it. So is a year's worth of high schoolers playing on it enough of a break in for a field?

Last edited:
Well I guess Oregon should put some sacrificial lambs on their field for 2019 and play only road games this season considering they just installed new turf. Or is there a specific turf that leaves you more inclined to injuries when it is new? Also St. Brendan's turf was laid down before last season and they played a full schedule on it. So is a year's worth of high schoolers playing on it enough of a break in for a field?

I’m not a field manager. I never played on a high school turf field. My point is the coaches should have made other plans if that turf is bad in heavy rain. It’s been raining heavy for two weeks. Maybe it does suck after a year when it’s dry. The staff should know better regardless.
They had us give hundreds of thousands of dollars for a catapult system to learn about player health and well being. Studying a field is elementary compared to that.

I’m not a field manager. I never played on a high school turf field. My point is the coaches should have made other plans if that turf is bad in heavy rain. It’s been raining heavy for two weeks. Maybe it does suck after a year when it’s dry. The staff should know better regardless.
They had us give hundreds of thousands of dollars for a catapult system to learn about player health and well being. Studying a field is elementary compared to that.

Other than one person who tends to be hyperbolic saying the scrimmage should've never been held because it rained there is nothing to suggest that the turf in question is bad in heavy rain. So what should coaches know better? You believe new turfs cause more injuries. I'm not sure what evidence actually backs that up, but whatever. There weren't crazy injuries after the scrimmage. Certainly no more than actually playing football and tackling for the first time all camp would cause. In fact the guy every one was worried about practiced today. Pretty sure Bradley Jennings was lost to a significant injury in the spring game playing on "older, safer turf" in dry conditions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Other than one person who tends to be hyperbolic saying the scrimmage should've never been held because it rained there is nothing to suggest that the turf in question is bad in heavy rain. So what should coaches know better? You believe new turfs cause more injuries. I'm not sure what evidence actually backs that up, but whatever. The one they played on was at least 11 months old. There weren't crazy injuries after the scrimmage. Certainly no more than actually playing football and tackling for the first time all camp would cause. In fact the guy every one was worried about practiced today. Pretty sure Bradley Jennings was lost to a significant injury in the spring game playing on "older, safer turf" in dry conditions.
If you’re a field expert and have knowledge about the field they played on in current conditions then speak. If not, then stop telling me and everyone things we already know.
Cam wearing a knee brace after going down is huge. He’s by far and away the best RB in the team at the moment. Jennings is a backup that would get 1/10 the snaps. Rousseau was also injured. He is a much bigger deal right now than Jennings as well.

If you’re a field expert and have knowledge about the field they played on in current conditions then speak. If not, then stop telling me and everyone things we already know.
Cam wearing a knee brace after going down is huge. He’s by far and away the best RB in the team at the moment. Jennings is a backup that would get 1/10 the snaps. Rousseau was also injured. He is a much bigger deal right now than Jennings as well.
Cam Harris is wearing a sleeve but I guess it can be called a brace and once again he practiced at least during the media viewing portion. So you're telling me a RB got nicked playing football and that makes it a referendum on the coaches decision to hold a scrimmage on turf? Rousseau was in on the final play of the scrimmage when Baxa made the FG. So I guess he too was able to survive the big bad wet turf at St. Brendan. I guess as long as the St. Brendan turf monsters injured players you deem unimportant the scrimmage being held there would've been fine.

Last edited:
Cam Harris is wearing a sleeve not a brace and once again he practiced at least during the media viewing portion. Lingard is wearing a brace. So you're telling me a RB got nicked playing football and that makes it a referendum on the coaches decision to hold a scrimmage on turf? Rousseau was in on the final play of the scrimmage when Baxa made the FG. So I guess he too was able to survive the big bad wet turf at St. Brendan. I guess as long as the St. Brendan turf monsters injured players you deem unimportant the scrimmage being held there would've been fine.
Yup. Like I thought. A poster with real info with a relative on the team was the one that said the field was trash. I already said I don’t know the field myself. I know fields in general. I’m going with an educated guess you don’t know either. That’s a highly educated guess after I’ve had to repeat myself 3 times.

Last edited:
Yup. Like I thought. A poster with real info with a relative on the team was the one that said the field was trash. I already said I don’t know the field myself. I know fields in general. I’m going with an educated guess you don’t know either. Get off my **** and find a smaller one that fits your hole.

Just like I thought, you latched on to some line about a monsoon and new turf being more likely to hurt you. It was raining so hard during the scrimmage that not one person in the video had rain gear on. There also isn't one highlight where rain is coming down. You're so grasping at crap you tried to blame it for a player getting hurt that as far as I can tell wasn't actually hurt. And of course you drop some dumb reference about a **** and hole, which is fitting because you're talking out of yours.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yup. Like I thought. A poster with real info with a relative on the team was the one that said the field was trash. I already said I don’t know the field myself. I know fields in general. I’m going with an educated guess you don’t know either. That’s a highly educated guess after I’ve had to repeat myself 3 times.
He just likes to argue and hes usually wrong. Like in this instance st brendan just had to re do their turf a lil over a month ago. That's what vinnie said and I'll take our head trainers word over his. Wont get into the other stuff.

He just likes to argue and hes usually wrong. Like in this instance st brendan just had to re do their turf a lil over a month ago. That's what vinnie said and I'll take our head trainers word over his. Wont get into the other stuff.

St. Brendan was playing on their new field in April for spring football. The scoreboard did just go up a couple of weeks ago though. Vinnie is incorrect on that one and so was I. There hasn't been a redo but I thought they played on it last year. The field has been completely installed for about 4 months and football and soccer players aren't falling down saying the new turf got them.

Advertisement
Only 1 man knows..............and he ain't talking.............let the Gators practice for all 3....
Enos loves this because they have no idea in ****, what he is going to bring, and Manny sits back and smiles..
String it out, and let them agonize..............yup.

Good point, no reason why the starting qb needs to be publicly stated.

Advertisement
Back