Brinson is the #1 We Need

Advertisement
Advertisement
...did you just say Jameson Williams and John Metchie were** nothing special?

I stopped reading after that.
Yes I said exactly that. He elevated that O.. compared to the guys Bama had come through that program at WR..bryce anticipation, ball placement, ability to evade and make plays in the pocket, throws under duress ..he elevated those guys. Ppl forget how much that WR room was a question mark coming into last season Along with how bryce would play. That was discussed going into our matchup with them on this very board..the Bama spring game that offseason showed me he was gunna be a problem..and dude went and won the heisman lol

Some of you are acting like our freshman WR class last year should already look like all Americans in a brand new offense and style of coaching that’s only been here for about 4 months? We have plenty of WR talent on this roster that have potential to make big plays as they get further acclimated into the system. Coach Gattis didn’t mention how impressed he was with that group coming in for nothing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Genuine question: is that a red flag, though?

If Riley hated him, there had to be a reason.
No. Riley hated rambo. And also didn’t care for Ceedee. They were all boys. Only thing was Ceedee was a first rounder so why leave. Granted I get why they made Riley uneasy. I was around ou campus a bunch at the time and they were all immature

If the coaches believe we need help in the wr room I’ll trust their judgement. May push a couple of the older guys out but they weren’t likely to contribute much anyway.

Don’t want to lose youngsters like Brashad smith, or Brinson, hopefully the young guys are locked in and ready to compete.

#4? LOL. Lets not get too carried away. I like him over George right now as the #2. George flashes but im not seeing what everyone sees as far as this future star. Just doesnt seem consistent but its early in his career. So im not making any final judgements.

He’s a true sophomore learning a new scheme and facing a physical secondary of long, strong college corners for the first time. Our secondary will be one of the most physical they see all year.

I expect all these guys to be better in fall camp and make really good progress by the time we face A&M. Let them grow.

I don’t like the Ladson take, but it is what it is. Hopefully we find a deep threat in the portal that gives Jacolby and Key room to grow.

Advertisement
I do not deny they didn't look good in the spring game. And sure, there is always some concern when Miami doesn't have enough speed at ANY skill position.

But I never put much stock into spring games. Between the vanilla offense and the guys held out, the offense will naturally look much better when healthier.

It is possible that the dropped passes can be attributed to simple negative variance - the WR group had a bad day, and there won't be as many drops next time around. The lack of top-end speed and the inability to separate are the bigger concerns.

Gattis did a good job creating space for the TEs. I think the same type of space will be created for Knighton, and he could end up being a top ~3 guy in terms of receptions and receiving yards. Play the hand you are dealt.

X looks like a solid No. 2 receiver, a dependable slot-possession type that can move the chains. The TE room gives us another solid receiving threat. We need one of the WRs to be an outside threat. This isn't going to be an air raid or spread/RPO offense - none of these WRs are going to be putting up video game numbers this season. Lashlee was fun while he lasted.

But to my original point, every year there is seemingly a new WR that takes that step forward. No one even wanted Harley to come back last year, and he ended up playing great. A few years ago, Berrios did next to nothing until his last season. Hankerson did the same a few years prior. Idk, but I think someone will step up.

They will.

But another speed guy makes the offense dangerous against ANYBODY except Georgia and Alabama. Who is to say that even they won’t take a step back on defense?

The coaches see an opportunity to take control of the conference and put us in the driver’s seat of recruiting with ON FIELD RESULTS. I am glam they are not being complacent with this opportunity and going into next season with hopes and dreams unproven guys improve.

Even if ALL of the players grow over the summer like I think they can, the additions will still improve the team.

Brinson may indeed turn out to be a stud number one receiver, but right now we can’t take the chance.

That’s all I’m saying.

Smith may end up being the guy as well. He’s more likely, because at least he’s flashed last year. Actually quite a bit.

But you have to go find somebody, you’re not going to risk the one year we have left with TVD .

Throw them all in the bucket and let God sort them out.
Spot on

This thread is so stupid lol
Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

Advertisement
Some of you are acting like our freshman WR class last year should already look like all Americans in a brand new offense and style of coaching that’s only been here for about 4 months? We have plenty of WR talent on this roster that have potential to make big plays as they get further acclimated into the system. Coach Gattis didn’t mention how impressed he was with that group coming in for nothing.
Mello is banged up. That leaves George, Key, Ladson, Redding, and Worsham.

Adding the right speed guy on the outside helps ALL our receivers grow.

We shouldn’t have taken Ladson. He is a prime example of how measureables can fool you.

If George or Key get hurt, that puts even more pressure on us for speed on the outside.

We can’t miss on whoever we take though. They have to produce in the role.

No. Riley hated rambo. And also didn’t care for Ceedee. They were all boys. Only thing was Ceedee was a first rounder so why leave. Granted I get why they made Riley uneasy. I was around ou campus a bunch at the time and they were all immature

So why haven’t we signed this guy?

Advertisement
Back