Brief thoughts on Charlie Partridge

Advertisement
Chris stock reporting partridge has been interviewed. Rodney garner of auburn and KP are the other candidates to keep an eye on at this time.

Garner would be a great get too. He's an Auburn grad, born and raised in Bama, so it might be hard to sway him but he's a very good coach and a great recruiter. Also the cousin of Charles Barkley, per his bio...

Advertisement
Did Garner leave (resign) UGA for Auburn to return home or was he a free agent when hired by AU? If he resigned, would he leave home to follow the guy he left?

I agree I like the list though!

The Defense did have stretches against bad offenses last year & made them look good, what did our Offense do against bad Defenses? Look at our 3rd down efficiency on Offense it's even worse. In fact I dare you to lookup any stat on Offense that we were even in the top 20 in.

The Defense definitely struggled & are not perfect by any means, but they get absolutely no help from the Offense & the stats over the last 2 years prove it. People are always banging on the Defense but when it comes time to look at the O everybody starts whistling & looking around like they don't even see how bad they are.

I didn't intend on derailing this thread or arguing so my bad, but it just bugs me how people think the Defense is supposed to be top 10 but our Offense isn't even expected to be top 25 & everyone is okay with it lol

The offensive staff is great at recruiting no doubt, I hope our Defensive staff improves in that area, but on the field it's the exact opposite.

I agree with everything you say, but I do also give the offensive staff a bit of a "pass", for now. Year one, we had a very well established and over-hyped Kaaya, who is/was very limited in what he could do, and had one foot out the door. I'm not questioning the kid or his toughness, but that was not an ideal situation for a new coaching staff. Kaaya was a square peg in a round hole. This past year, we had Rosier, a baller at heart, but even more limited from a talent standpoint, and he had serious issues with seeing and reading the field. I honestly blame his struggles the most on Rosier himself and on the prior staff for letting him get away with not being a student of the game for all that time while he was the backup. The kid has guts, but clearly didn't have the mental reps to figure out how to get the ball to the open guy when his first read was taken away or he was made uncomfortable by the opposing D. We also were pretty razor thin on talent on offense last year. Dallas developed and stepped up BIG TIME, but dude was a true frosh. After Richards, who was hurt all year, it was either true frosh or a bunch of JAGS (JAGS that I LOVE, but JAGS nonetheless, just being real), aside from Berries, who most of this board hated before last season. At TE, it was Herndon and no one else. The OLine got better, but obviously weren't good enough to carry the offense. All of that said, if/when Rosier could find and hit wide open receivers, we had no issues moving the ball. When your QB can't hit the broadside of a barn, it's obvious that the offense will struggle.

Let's see what happens what this offense does as we establish that depth and talent that we need to have. Let's see how Richt(s) develop the QB position now that he's got some of "his guys" in at the QB position. Let's see what kind of difference it makes to be stacked 3-4 deep at the RB position with real Miami talent.

All of that said, we were a QB away from 12-1 last year. If Rosier was even average, we beat Pitt and Wisco. Blaming the D is ridiculous.

We also need to get better on special teams. Kick coverage and kick return were poor, plain and simple. Punt returns were slightly above average, but I'm afraid that was propped up a bit by Berrios. We'll see. Punt coverage seemed to be ok. FG/extra point block was obviously not good enough given that no one missed a FG on us all year. Sure, some of that is luck, but if you block one now and then, they can't make those.

KP or CP would both be fine additions to the staff. I'm hoping for KP purely for continuity's sake. Dude is serious about his work (from what I have gathered), good at both coaching and recruiting, and he's family. As long as he fits in with Richt and staff, and I think he would, it's a no brainer choice and he hopefully stays 5-10 years.

Advertisement
Chris stock reporting partridge has been interviewed

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes. Would you like some hot sauce so you can eat your words?

What words would I be eating hotshot?

That an obvious candidate for the job might have been interviewed?

Who couldn’t have fūcking figured that out? Everyone pretty much knew there are at least 3 guys in play.

ATTENTION CIS POSTERS: FAKE INSIDER ALERT!!!

Are you fūcking kidding me?

Or do you want to continue with your fake big-timer-big-contributor-big-insider that absolutely nobody believes, Tampa fry fisher?

Oh yeah, you told me you were pulling all your big time contributions to the athletic department, remember? How much did you pull, Mr. Big Talker. Let’s see. Pony up.

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.

Let’s unzip our flys and pull out our ****s, big talker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What words would I be eating hotshot?

That an obvious candidate for the job might have been interviewed?

Who couldn’t have fūcking figured that out? Everyone pretty much knew there are at least 3 guys in play.

ATTENTION CIS POSTERS: FAKE INSIDER ALERT!!!

Are you fūcking kidding me?

Or do you want to continue with your fake big-timer-big-contributor-big-insider that absolutely nonobody believes, Tampa fry fisher?

Oh yeah, you told me you were pulling all your big time contributions to the athletic department, remember? How much did you pull, Mr. Big Talker. Let’s see. Pony up.

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.

Let’s unzip our flys and pull out our ****s, big talker.

woah

Respectfully, you two have been posting for a couple decades now and are arguing over semantics. I think we all agree it’s good news that Richt is interviewing these candidates.

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes you know what I posted and when I posted it-at least I presume you can read. But, given your history of rage-trolling that could be incorrect. And my source had it before a paid site went with the same info nearly 8 hours latter and well after I told everyone here. Oh, and that was when nearly everyone here thought KP was already on the way down. [Not that he wouldn't be an excellent hire too].

You are just mad that you only learn what you read from other public sources. But, don't worry, some of us will just ignore you and continue to talk about the sport topics.

WkdND.gif

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes you know what I posted and when I posted it-at least I presume you can read. But, given your history of rage-trolling that could be incorrect. And my source had it before a paid site went with the same info nearly 8 hours latter and well after I told everyone here. Oh, and that was when nearly everyone here thought KP was already on the way down. [Not that he wouldn't be an excellent hire too].

You are just mad that you only learn what you read from other public sources. But, don't worry, some of us will just ignore you and continue to talk about the sport topics.

LOL - more fake insider double-speak

DAY ONE: Fake insider says, “Hey porsters, I’m so well connected and important, that I can report Miami has reached out to the most obvious and, on paper, the most qualified candidate (CP) on the board - LOOK AT ME”

DAY TWO: Unverified report surfaces that CP has been interviewed. Fake insider says, “Hey, porsters, look at me, this cements my status as a real fake insider since there’s a report of CP having been interviewed”

You must think people are really stupid to fall for your fake insider bullshlt.

You still haven’t told us how much of your massive contributions you’ve pulled which you claimed to have done.

You’re a lying windbag.

Don’t come here making boastful claims and not expect to be called out on them you bloated bag of *****. Nothing worse than people that boast but can’t back it up...you boast big, then you got to back that shlt up.

I’ll ask again, how much were your big time contributions that you were giving that you claimed you were going to pull?

Advertisement
Back