Brief thoughts on Charlie Partridge

Just like no one here (including myself) would have considered Hartley...

not saying he will be anywhere close or any good for that matter, but we also don't know the potential the guy has. This and the possible limitations on our assistant budget might make you hire a young guy you know. And Trust me I would have loved if they would have hired a more proven coach! Just saying though

The kid is coaching outside linebackers. Obviously, Diaz is comfortable with Patke as he has followed him now to 3 programs. You do need young guys who are willing to work long hours.

Advertisement
I think Chubb is overrated as an NFL prospect and I was more referring to how impressive their interior was. But Chubb was utilized in a variety of alignments that unlocked his all-around ability and kept him mostly clean of double teams.
I have no idea if Chubb will succeed in the nfl, but anyone doubting what he did at NCSU is just trying to craft facts around their argument. Chubb was absolute dynamite every time I saw him, and I saw him a lot. He played his best football against their best competition.

I’d be happy if we hire KP. But I wouldn’t be looking at that NCSU DL as his accomplishment.

Hartley had an actual resume and was qualified.

Not for nothing but our STs need a lot of improvement.

Again I agree with you.

Still, people on here weren't too happy we hired him or Banda. Patke has been with Diaz for years (at Miss St and LA Tech). Resume wise I agree, but Richt and Diaz know the guy. One more time, I would have loved a "big name", but you never know. Kids have been tweeting about him since he started recruiting. Look at Richt Jr... not really what you want in a QB coach, but apparently our QB targets like him. Recruiting is only half the job, but it's not unimportant

I’m not here to make apologies for the offense. We need to get much better. But Kaaya was also a very limited guy.

Rick needs to take one of these dynamic young QBs and put together a high-powered offense. There are no more explanations for future failings on offense.
Agree with you 100% my man.

The same could be said on Defense too, I just think QB is a bigger issue for us overall. But, Defensive recruiting hasn't been equal to Offensive recruiting these last 2 years either & that needs to pickup as well.

I will say this, Manny, definitely over thought himself a lot this season. I also don't like how his fear of the unknown dictated our first half defense. Him coming out vanilla and waiting for OC's to show their hand really hurt us in some games because it allowed the QBs to get a rhythm.

He isn't without criticism. I just think a lot of his mistakes or bad calls would've been masked with better offensive efficiency.

I feel the same way about the offense with Rosier. Sure, Richt shouldn't be absolved of all blame and he definitely had some questionable calls during the year. Its just hard for me to come down hard on the man when I clearly see how bad our qb is. I err on the side of giving him even more credit for even being able to get 10 wins out of the guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please post the budget. The old bullchit mom and pop routine. Love it.

You don't know either. Just making a reasonable assumption that Richt can't hire whoever he wants as his 10th assistant and that money may have something to do with that.

Advertisement
You don't know either. Just making a reasonable assumption that Richt can't hire whoever he wants as his 10th assistant and that money may have something to do with that.

It’s not reasonable. That same old bullchit mom snd pop routine.

Advertisement
This may sound like I just finished a xanxax smoothie and a blunt of spice but hear me out .. lets say we don't get either Patrick, partridge or rocker we go more local and bring butch daddy Davis on as d line and associate head coach .. Totally doubt richt would do that but it's a fun thought

Agree, the Pitt D plays both safeties in the box and with our skill position guys should have had a field day
like Kayya 's last year.... guys were running wide pen and he was missing badly....

JT abused Pitt. All Rosier had to do was complete a forward pass.

To be clear, he's my "#1" in the sense that of the three guys being talked about (Rocker, Patrick, Partridge) I think he's the best coach. No way he's coming here from making half-a-mil at UT. Though Kirby did fire him at UGA so maybe there's a revenge angle =P https://www.dawgnation.com/football/documents-uga-fired-tracy-rocker
I live about 2 hours NE of UTK. It's a sh+ihole! Nothing within 200 mikes of it and the city itself is boring as ****. The stadium seats over 100k but it's like a quilt - patchworked over the years with lousy amenities. And the fans are as fair weather as I've ever seen. Their roster consists of over 80% of out of state kids because there is absolutely no talent in the state. Majority of the kids go to FCS or D3 or NAIA. Just wanted to give some insight on what Rocker is saddled with.

Advertisement
To be clear, he's my "#1" in the sense that of the three guys being talked about (Rocker, Patrick, Partridge) I think he's the best coach. No way he's coming here from making half-a-mil at UT. Though Kirby did fire him at UGA so maybe there's a revenge angle =P https://www.dawgnation.com/football/documents-uga-fired-tracy-rocker

I'm pretty sure it was posted on here that Kul was making close to Manny dollars with the Asst HC title. 800-900k IIRC. I'd start with 600k for Rocker and go from there.

Advertisement
Back