Brief thoughts on Charlie Partridge

I don’t disagree with your criticism of the offense. It was a mixture of bad Richt playcalling, poor OL play and Rosier crapping the bed at inopportune times. Rosier’s play against Pitt was on par with Kirby Freeman against FSU. Our short yardage production has to get WAY better in 2018.

The reason why I have more criticism on D is for how much they were hyping themselves up preseason. I was disappointed with the LB play and how awful our 3rd conv. Was. For the talent and depth that we had, I thought our DL could have taken over more games, but overall they played well.

I hope we can someday get to the point where our Def can take over and win games in spite of what the Off does, but I realize that will take time. I also am not sure if Manny is the guy that will get our Def to that level, but am hoping he does.

Stop it with this. He was bad and up to average at best the entire season.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with your criticism of the offense. It was a mixture of bad Richt playcalling, poor OL play and Rosier crapping the bed at inopportune times. Rosier’s play against Pitt was on par with Kirby Freeman against FSU. Our short yardage production has to get WAY better in 2018.

The reason why I have more criticism on D is for how much they were hyping themselves up preseason. I was disappointed with the LB play and how awful our 3rd conv. Was. For the talent and depth that we had, I thought our DL could have taken over more games, but overall they played well.

I hope we can someday get to the point where our Def can take over and win games in spite of what the Off does, but I realize that will take time. I also am not sure if Manny is the guy that will get our Def to that level, but am hoping he does.

There isn't one defense in all of college football that is that good. There hasn't been one in years.

Why do you guys have these crazy/ delusional expectations?

Advertisement
Just like no one here (including myself) would have considered Hartley...

not saying he will be anywhere close or any good for that matter, but we also don't know the potential the guy has. This and the possible limitations on our assistant budget might make you hire a young guy you know. And Trust me I would have loved if they would have hired a more proven coach! Just saying though

Hartley had an actual resume and was qualified.

Not for nothing but our STs need a lot of improvement.

He's the guy you hire because he would be replacing a guy with comparable salary and experience. Just how much $ you think Richt had to work with to hire assistant #10?

Please post the budget. The old bullchit mom and pop routine. Love it.

Advertisement
Diaz doesn't hire coaches, Richt hired Kuli before he even hired Diaz & Richt was the one who hired Rumph.

And the Pitt game wasn't on the Defense, Pitt's QB was 18-29 193yds Rosier on the other hand was 15-34 with a 44% cmp, that's worse than below average. The Defense made plenty of stops early in that game, they gave the Offense 2 Turnovers inside the 30yd line & the O still couldn't score with a short field.

It's bizarre how this fanbase is perfectly fine with the our Offense being absolutely terrible but will hold the Defense to an unfair standard & expect them to literally do everything for us.
Defense was garbage too. They let a true freshmans making his first start to make play after play and to even run our guys over.

Rosier stunk worse, but this whole theory that only one side of the ball can be responsible for a loss is poor thinking.

That true freshmans qb had no business doing us like he did and neither did the other average/below average QBs who fvcked us by the ***.

Defense was garbage too. They let a true freshmans making his first start to make play after play and to even run our guys over.

Rosier stunk worse, but this whole theory that only one side of the ball can be responsible for a loss is poor thinking.

That true freshmans qb had no business doing us like he did and neither did the other average/below average QBs who fvcked us by the ***.
I don't disagree with you, but the Offense was worse. We wouldn't have won 10 games without the Defense getting sacks, TFL's & forcing Turnovers at the high rate they did.

Where they struggled was getting off the field on 3rd down & vs good passing teams. The Offense struggled at everything & the stats show it.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you, but the Offense was worse. We wouldn't have won 10 games without the Defense getting sacks, TFL's & forcing Turnovers at the high rate they did.

Where they struggled was getting off the field on 3rd down & vs good passing teams. The Offense struggled at everything & the stats show it.

I don’t care who was worse, but they were both very average way too often. I guess we’ll find out soon enough if the offense was held back mostly by Rosier’s limitations.

Tough to field a really good offense with such a limited QB. Should have been easier to field a better defense without such a singularly important limiting factor like Rosier.

Patrick did an A+ job at NC State last year imo. They could have 4 guys drafted from that line. They were very impressive against Clemson and that remains the team to beat for Miami.

Patrick did an A+ job at NC State last year imo. They could have 4 guys drafted from that line. They were very impressive against Clemson and that remains the team to beat for Miami.
That was a very good and highly acclaimed DL before he got there. Chubb was one of the best players in college football last year.

Advertisement
I don’t care who was worse, but they were both very average way too often. I guess we’ll find out soon enough if the offense was held back mostly by Rosier’s limitations.

Tough to field a really good offense with such a limited QB. Should have been easier to field a better defense without such a singularly important limiting factor like Rosier.
That's a fair point, but even with a much better QB in Kaaya they still struggled mightily.

I'm of the belief that if Richt ever wants to elevate this Offense he can finally move onto one of the young guys he recruited & developed.

The Defense no doubt should be & needs to be better, all I'm saying is if people have high expectations for the Defense why aren't those same expectations equally as high for an offense that is far more loaded depth wise at every skill position?

We still have needed Grad transfers in our secondary for 2 years in a row, our WR, TE & RB depth (before Walton got hurt) were on paper among the best in the ACC, still struggled to move the ball with both Kaaya & Rosier.

That was a very good and highly acclaimed DL before he got there. Chubb was one of the best players in college football last year.

I think Chubb is overrated as an NFL prospect and I was more referring to how impressive their interior was. But Chubb was utilized in a variety of alignments that unlocked his all-around ability and kept him mostly clean of double teams.

That's a fair point, but even with a much better QB in Kaaya they still struggled mightily.

I'm of the belief that if Richt ever wants to elevate this Offense he can finally move onto one of the young guys he recruited & developed.

The Defense no doubt should be & needs to be better, all I'm saying is if people have high expectations for the Defense why aren't those same expectations equally as high for an offense that is far more loaded depth wise at every skill position?

We still have needed Grad transfers in our secondary for 2 years in a row, our WR, TE & RB depth (before Walton got hurt) were on paper among the best in the ACC, still struggled to move the ball with both Kaaya & Rosier.
I’m not here to make apologies for the offense. We need to get much better. But Kaaya was also a very limited guy.

Rick needs to take one of these dynamic young QBs and put together a high-powered offense. There are no more explanations for future failings on offense.

Advertisement
Back