Brief thoughts on Charlie Partridge

Advertisement
I have heard that Miami has already "reached out" to him..............will post more when and if I hear it.

B6DF2F98-9D0A-4707-A372-01AE5A244F2D.gif

I don’t trust Manny Diaz one iota to hire coaches under him.

I hope he proves me wrong, but based on historical figures his defenses regress year over year, statistically. There were enough moments in 2017 (Pitt game, Fresh QB) that leave me concerned long term.

I don’t trust Manny Diaz one iota to hire coaches under him.

I hope he proves me wrong, but based on historical figures his defenses regress year over year, statistically. There were enough moments in 2017 (Pitt game, Fresh QB) that leave me concerned long term.
Diaz doesn't hire coaches, Richt hired Kuli before he even hired Diaz & Richt was the one who hired Rumph.

And the Pitt game wasn't on the Defense, Pitt's QB was 18-29 193yds Rosier on the other hand was 15-34 with a 44% cmp, that's worse than below average. The Defense made plenty of stops early in that game, they gave the Offense 2 Turnovers inside the 30yd line & the O still couldn't score with a short field.

It's bizarre how this fanbase is perfectly fine with the our Offense being absolutely terrible but will hold the Defense to an unfair standard & expect them to literally do everything for us.

Advertisement
Seems to check all the boxes. He does bounce around a bit, but I guess most coaches do. We can't afford someone bailing on us the next two years at DL with the hole we're in from poor recruiting. I won't pretend to know how great of a coach he is compared to Patrick, but you do love the thought of someone like Patrick coming in and being our Haggins - a rock for the program when things change around him.

I think Rocker just signed up with UT as part of new staff major long shot.Patrick makes a lot of sense maybe to much sense
I like C.Partridge... both guys are energetic a major plus on recruiting trail and we need to have success with front 7 this year. As previous poster pointed out maybe Diaz gets a shot at HC job.... Partridge has been a DC
think Garner is worth a phone call but looks solid at Auburn.
glad to see the discussion for the DL coach is filled with very solid candidates

Diaz doesn't hire coaches, Richt hired Kuli before he even hired Diaz & Richt was the one who hired Rumph.

And the Pitt game wasn't on the Defense, Pitt's QB was 18-29 193yds Rosier on the other hand was 15-34 with a 44% cmp, that's worse than below average. The Defense made plenty of stops early in that game, they gave the Offense 2 Turnovers inside the 30yd line & the O still couldn't score with a short field.

It's bizarre how this fanbase is perfectly fine with the our Offense being absolutely terrible but will hold the Defense to an unfair standard & expect them to literally do everything for us.
Agree, the Pitt D plays both safeties in the box and with our skill position guys should have had a field day
like Kayya 's last year.... guys were running wide pen and he was missing badly....

If we truly had a top 20 defense, we should have destroyed a true Fresh QB, making his first start, in spite of our Offense sucking.

I’m glad to have an attacking style Def, especially after Golden & Co., but our Def last year had stretches against bad offenses and made them look really good. Look at our 3rd down efficiency on D. We were really bad. A big part was how Manny called his plays. We could do way worse than Manny, but he needs to improve as a Dcoord, especially with his blitz calling.

On paper our Defensive staff is weak as **** compared to every other top 10 team.

Advertisement
I posted this in another thread, but since most of the DL coach talk is about Patrick I figured I'd start a discussion on CP. Partridge intrigues me in that in addition to being a known recruiting commodity in Florida he's had experience as a head coach (FAU), defensive coordinator (Wisconsin, though he was "co-coordinator" there with Kevin Ash), and special teams coach (Pitt and Wisky.) He was also Associate Head Coach at both Wisconsin and Arkansas. He could help out in a number of ways here.

He is the guy you hire over Patke. In fact, you don't consider Patke.

If we truly had a top 20 defense, we should have destroyed a true Fresh QB, making his first start, in spite of our Offense sucking.

I’m glad to have an attacking style Def, especially after Golden & Co., but our Def last year had stretches against bad offenses and made them look really good. Look at our 3rd down efficiency on D. We were really bad. A big part was how Manny called his plays. We could do way worse than Manny, but he needs to improve as a Dcoord, especially with his blitz calling.

On paper our Defensive staff is weak as **** compared to every other top 10 team.
The Defense did have stretches against bad offenses last year & made them look good, what did our Offense do against bad Defenses? Look at our 3rd down efficiency on Offense it's even worse. In fact I dare you to lookup any stat on Offense that we were even in the top 20 in.

The Defense definitely struggled & are not perfect by any means, but they get absolutely no help from the Offense & the stats over the last 2 years prove it. People are always banging on the Defense but when it comes time to look at the O everybody starts whistling & looking around like they don't even see how bad they are.

I didn't intend on derailing this thread or arguing so my bad, but it just bugs me how people think the Defense is supposed to be top 10 but our Offense isn't even expected to be top 25 & everyone is okay with it lol

The offensive staff is great at recruiting no doubt, I hope our Defensive staff improves in that area, but on the field it's the exact opposite.

I agree..
Miami's defense was not the problem!! Against Clemson yeah our guys looked very out matched and over man, BUT Defense was not the problem.. This season I actually thought the Defense saved some big games for us, Miami caused a lot of turnovers this year.. NOW I agree, at times Manny's blitz wasn't the right things to do, BUT Hey "you live by the bullet, you die by the bullet"!! The way Manny coaches and calls plays, is the reason why recruit's are liking what they are seeing from Miami's Defense..

At the end of the day, Miami needs to hire a DL coach that #1 can coach and make our player's better BUT he has to be able to come in a recruit against the best of them!! I think at times with Coach Kul, he depended to much on recruiting hybrid player's and he could've just went after the top DTs.. We need someone that can come in and recruit top DL player's and be able to coach them to be next level player's!!

Advertisement
The Defense did have stretches against bad offenses last year & made them look good, what did our Offense do against bad Defenses? Look at our 3rd down efficiency on Offense it's even worse. In fact I dare you to lookup any stat on Offense that we were even in the top 20 in.

The Defense definitely struggled & are not perfect by any means, but they get absolutely no help from the Offense & the stats over the last 2 years prove it. People are always banging on the Defense but when it comes time to look at the O everybody starts whistling & looking around like they don't even see how bad they are.

I didn't intend on derailing this thread or arguing so my bad, but it just bugs me how people think the Defense is supposed to be top 10 but our Offense isn't even expected to be top 25 & everyone is okay with it lol

The offensive staff is great at recruiting no doubt, I hope our Defensive staff improves in that area, but on the field it's the exact opposite.

Ppl forget that Miami WON 4 straight games at the last minute of games, and IF it wasn't for the Defense holding **** together Miami could've easily lost 3 or 4 games.. We have to remember all the times the Offense stalled in the redzone after the Defense gave them the ball already on the other side the 50 yard line!! Miami's offense played really good at times, No Doubt BUT from a overall stand point Miami's Defense took the cake all season long, every time you time on College Football Live it seemed as thou they had a segment just to show the "Turnover Chain"... UNDERSTAND I am not bashing the Offense, BUT to hear someone say that Miami's Defense wasn't that good, is crazy.. Miami Defense wasn't elite or great, BUT they were very good.. And that's was with a lot of young player's starring in it!!

He is the guy you hire over Patke. In fact, you don't consider Patke.

Just like no one here (including myself) would have considered Hartley...

not saying he will be anywhere close or any good for that matter, but we also don't know the potential the guy has. This and the possible limitations on our assistant budget might make you hire a young guy you know. And Trust me I would have loved if they would have hired a more proven coach! Just saying though

Ppl forget that Miami WON 4 straight games at the last minute of games, and IF it wasn't for the Defense holding **** together Miami could've easily lost 3 or 4 games.. We have to remember all the times the Offense stalled in the redzone after the Defense gave them the ball already on the other side the 50 yard line!! Miami's offense played really good at times, No Doubt BUT from a overall stand point Miami's Defense took the cake all season long, every time you time on College Football Live it seemed as thou they had a segment just to show the "Turnover Chain"... UNDERSTAND I am not bashing the Offense, BUT to hear someone say that Miami's Defense wasn't that good, is crazy.. Miami Defense wasn't elite or great, BUT they were very good.. And that's was with a lot of young player's starring in it!!

Why are you yelling

Advertisement
The number of times the defense forced a turnover last year only to see the offense do absolutely nothing with it was sickening.

I've got no issues with Partridge if they hire him. He's a local guy, not scared to recruit and he's been around the block. I'd support the hire for sure.

I don’t disagree with your criticism of the offense. It was a mixture of bad Richt playcalling, poor OL play and Rosier crapping the bed at inopportune times. Rosier’s play against Pitt was on par with Kirby Freeman against FSU. Our short yardage production has to get WAY better in 2018.

The reason why I have more criticism on D is for how much they were hyping themselves up preseason. I was disappointed with the LB play and how awful our 3rd conv. Was. For the talent and depth that we had, I thought our DL could have taken over more games, but overall they played well.

I hope we can someday get to the point where our Def can take over and win games in spite of what the Off does, but I realize that will take time. I also am not sure if Manny is the guy that will get our Def to that level, but am hoping he does.

Im with you on this man. Led the P5 in turnovers and was still top 30 in scoring defense and the offense did nothing to show for it.

The defensive line never got to really pin their ears back. Our offense kept every teams playbook wide open.

Unfair criticism. These guys don't watch games tho. They just look at box scores.

Advertisement
Back