Bridge Collapse

I don’t know what happened here and I’m certainly no construction expert and don’t claim to know.

But this @GOCANES05 is playing some sort of agenda card really hard to the point of being way overexcited and just more than a little out of control. I don’t know if any of what he’s saying is correct or not, but he just might want to calm down just a little bit. He sounds manic. Possibly bipolar.

Advertisement
If a bridge was installed out of sequence wouldn't the entire blame fall on the engineers/GC? Forgive me for not fully understanding and delineating between the roles and responsibilities of engineers vs. GCs.

And if faulty equipment was used, isn't that still the fault of the engineers/GC to not identify that beforehand? I mean, if, say, Wal-Mart was shipping goods cross-country and one of its trucks broke an axle and careened across the highway killing 8 people, Wal-Mart can't just say "welp, it's not our fault, we were simply using faulty equipment". Ya know?

No.

That’s like blaming McDonald’s for a plane crash just because you (or someone on the plane) were eating an a Egg McMuffin.

It could be both. But the issue is most likely due to a construction error rather than a design error. And yes, there is a big difference.

Advertisement
No.

That’s like blaming McDonald’s for a plane crash just because you (or someone on the plane) were eating an a Egg McMuffin.

It could be both. But the issue is most likely due to a construction error rather than a design error. And yes, there is a big difference.

When it comes down to it, still guessing of course. But more likely.....

Many prayers to those affected.
CNN is an embarrassment to journalism.

CNN is phenomenal, and especially Don Lemon. He calmly defines everything in devastatingly accurate fashion.

This FIU situation was a tragedy. But the hilarity on this forum is that the world is collapsing around scared bigoted white people, and they are desperately trying to pretend otherwise. Lying is only required when the country otherwise rejects everything you stand for, and you realize that.

Trump has now gone from 4.9 lies or misleading statements per day to 6 per day. Upping his game: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...leading-claims-so-far/?utm_term=.c5c16bc8c5eb

If a serial liar of the other party occupied the White House, CNN and the Washington Post would be every bit as outraged and defining matters day to day. Right wingers are petrified of CNN and its impact on independent voters. That's why the lemmings spread familiar posts here and elsewhere. But Fox News is the one true cable news embarrassment, as demonstrated in this hilarious video of their personalities depicting the same decision in 100% different terms depending on whether Obama or Trump initiated:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/poli...tions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea

The founding fathers, when discussing the merits of a free press, didn't envision mass media and wealthy owners with an agenda. Or, filling 24/7 with "opinion" rather than fact-based "news" to a targeted audience.

Bad presidents come and go, the loss of an objective, free press is forever.

Many prayers to those affected.
CNN is an embarrassment to journalism.
Please elaborate. Because their title contains "university in Miami"? If that's the case, you're an embarrassment for pushing this anti-CNN bull**** when it isn't warranted. There are times when CNN has righteously been lambasted, but this isn't one of them. Stop being a blind Republican proponent and think for yourself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Only fūckwits like antsyBoogerEater and others take a personal tragedy and then use a personal tragedy to turn it into a political diatribe to pound us with whatever their political affiliation is.

I don’t give a fūck booger eater. Take that shlt to the WEZ with all the other gator retards that post there. I don’t care if you hate CNN or love CNN or FOX, or hate Trump or love him, or whomever.

Please stop with the political bullshlt on this forum and using tragedies to dlckwave your political agendas.

Only fūckwits like antsyBoogerEater and others take a personal tragedy and then use a personal tragedy to turn it into a political diatribe to pound us with whatever their political affiliation is.

I don’t give a fūck booger eater. Take that shlt to the WEZ with all the other gator retards that post there. I don’t care if you hate CNN or love CNN or FOX, or hate Trump or love him, or whomever.

Please stop with the political bullshlt on this forum and using tragedies to dlckwave your political agendas.

I think we shouldn't talk politics on the football board, but in general I think talking politics after a tragedy is fine. It's usually directly related to the event. Like, should we be more stringent in the process of approving bridges, or at least in the process of approving new bridge technology? When the **** else are we going to talk about it?

There will be no other time for me to discuss it with my friends, family, and others, and we are the voters that put people into office. Why the **** do we keep deferring discussions to later times? I'm not mourning, and my discussions aren't disrespectful to the dead. It will help prevent future deaths. I'm not gonna remember to talk about bridges in 5 months when it's no longer "taking a tragedy for granted."

Just my opinion.

I think we shouldn't talk politics on the football board, but in general I think talking politics after a tragedy is fine. It's usually directly related to the event. Like, should we be more stringent in the process of approving bridges, or at least in the process of approving new bridge technology? When the **** else are we going to talk about it?

There will be no other time for me to discuss it with my friends, family, and others, and we are the voters that put people into office. Why the **** do we keep deferring discussions to later times? I'm not mourning, and my discussions aren't disrespectful to the dead. It will help prevent future deaths. I'm not gonna remember to talk about bridges in 5 months when it's no longer "taking a tragedy for granted."

Just my opinion.

If you think discussing meaningless bullshlt on a fan site with fūckwits like booger actually leads to anything, have at it.

I think it’s annoying and disrespectful. I guess I’m one of those people that thinks there are other more appropriate forums like news sites, engineering sites, political blogs, construction sites if there are any, the herald, newsmagazine comments section, city councils, the state legislature, public protests, the ballot box.

It’s a free country with your right to free speech to express your opinion and dissatisfaction and scream like a sissy at whatever you want. But not necessarily here.

Last I checked this is privately run site that can control content any fūcking time they want. I don’t make the call but can only express my dissatisfaction with dlckwads that insist on making it their own personal political forum.

If you think discussing meaningless bullshlt on a fan site with fūckwits like booger actually leads to anything, have at it.

I think it’s annoying and disrespectful. I guess I’m one of those people that thinks there are other more appropriate forums like news sites, engineering sites, political blogs, construction sites if there are any, the herald, newsmagazine comments section, city councils, the state legislature, public protests, the ballot box.

It’s a free country with your right to free speech to express your opinion and dissatisfaction and scream like a sissy at whatever you want. But not necessarily here.

Last I checked this is privately run site that can control content any fūcking time they want. I don’t make the call but can only express my dissatisfaction with dlckwads that insist on making it their own personal political forum.
That was in my first sentence. I agree, it shouldn't be on this board.

Advertisement
CNN is phenomenal, and especially Don Lemon. He calmly defines everything in devastatingly accurate fashion.

This FIU situation was a tragedy. But the hilarity on this forum is that the world is collapsing around scared bigoted white people, and they are desperately trying to pretend otherwise. Lying is only required when the country otherwise rejects everything you stand for, and you realize that.

Trump has now gone from 4.9 lies or misleading statements per day to 6 per day. Upping his game: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...leading-claims-so-far/?utm_term=.c5c16bc8c5eb

If a serial liar of the other party occupied the White House, CNN and the Washington Post would be every bit as outraged and defining matters day to day. Right wingers are petrified of CNN and its impact on independent voters. That's why the lemmings spread familiar posts here and elsewhere. But Fox News is the one true cable news embarrassment, as demonstrated in this hilarious video of their personalities depicting the same decision in 100% different terms depending on whether Obama or Trump initiated:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/poli...tions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea

You have a serious mental disorder.
Perhaps an adult slipped a hand or two into your shorts when you were a little boy.
Seek help with your past, it may help you deal with your existing illness.

The founding fathers, when discussing the merits of a free press, didn't envision mass media and wealthy owners with an agenda. Or, filling 24/7 with "opinion" rather than fact-based "news" to a targeted audience.

Bad presidents come and go, the loss of an objective, free press is forever.
Um, actually the founding fathers DID consider the press and the power of words. That's why the constitution is written as it is. What no one could have imagined, even in this day, the power of insidious involvement in politics via an internet. Be that as it may, that's why it is more important than ever, to maintain the sanctity of the free press, regardless of the messages.

Tension cable snapped.

That's why it looked like it cracked so fast. Cranking the tension, and it popped.

Should have had traffic re-routed.

Advertisement
Most people with students at UM are smart enough to know a lowercase "u" in university and the word "in" between university and Miami strongly suggest it is not the main school in Miami at which this occurred.. but I can understand if that's above your level of reading comprehension.

I can guarantee my reading comprehension is fine and probably a good deal better than yours. The vast majority of people reading these breaking news stories are getting them on small screen smartphones, where the possibility of misreading is compounded.

In the military, we used an an accronym for making sure we would "write/right," ABC: Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. When you are doing a nine line, it's kind of important.

But, hey, defend the CNN reporters shortcomings all you want...You know what they say about birds of a feather.

I can guarantee my reading comprehension is fine and probably a good deal better than yours. The vast majority of people reading these breaking news stories are getting them on small screen smartphones, where the possibility of misreading is compounded.

In the military, we used an an accronym for making sure we would "write/right," ABC: Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. When you are doing a nine line, it's kind of important.

But, hey, defend the CNN reporters shortcomings all you want...You know what they say about birds of a feather.
Well it was either too similar to "University of Miami" for you, or you assumed it could be referencing the U, and it was neither for me because I can understand the nuances of writing. We have one example, and I outperformed you on it, so to posit an assertion that your reading comprehension is better than mine has no basis in reality, and indicative of some sort of Dunning-Kruger bias on display haha.

And wtf? Comparing this to a Nine Line? False equivalency of the century. Is there someone here who can argue with me that isn't a moron? "Man novels are great and all, but when you're saving a life, a novel will just not cut it! That is why I I'm not a huge fan of novels and the 'authors' that write them." Jesus ******* christ lmao.

You're nitpicking CNN because of your bias. I don't always defend CNN; they've written biased stories, and aren't perfect. Fox is the same.

Well it was either too similar to "University of Miami" for you, or you assumed it could be referencing the U, and it was neither for me because I can understand the nuances of writing. We have one example, and I outperformed you on it, so to posit an assertion that your reading comprehension is better than mine has no basis in reality, and indicative of some sort of Dunning-Kruger bias on display haha.

And wtf? Comparing this to a Nine Line? False equivalency of the century. Is there someone here who can argue with me that isn't a moron? "Man novels are great and all, but when you're saving a life, a novel will just not cut it! That is why I I'm not a huge fan of novels and the 'authors' that write them." Jesus ******* christ lmao.

You're nitpicking CNN because of your bias. I don't always defend CNN; they've written biased stories, and aren't perfect. Fox is the same.

Guess we know what you read now: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-in-the-cloud/201701/the-dunning-kruger-president

"Is there someone here who can argue with me that isn't a moron?"
I guess that bit of wisdom beats the profanity laced tirade you PM'd me the last time...Article? No, numbnuts, the headline

Face it, your a keyboard warrior who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag...More like JhtheB!+c#

Guess we know what you read now: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-in-the-cloud/201701/the-dunning-kruger-president

"Is there someone here who can argue with me that isn't a moron?"
I guess that bit of wisdom beats the profanity laced tirade you PM'd me the last time...Article? No, numbnuts, the headline

Face it, your a keyboard warrior who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag...More like JhtheB!+c#
You mean when you were plaguing our board with your politics and I took it to PMs for the sake of others? Yeah what a call-out, I'm a man of dignity that respects others' eyeballs.

How presumptuous are you? I don't read those websites haha. The term existed before those articles were written about Trump, although he certainly is the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I know, the headline. Have you never heard of hyperbole? But sure, I agree. The police officers and paramedics responding to a bridge collapse to save lives should not be reading CNN articles or headlines because they are too prolix. Wow, amazing insight!

Already coming up on an empty ****nal, huh? I owned you so much you have to change this to a "your a keyboard warrior" who wouldn't fight in real life. I'm not some idiot that's going to fight over an internet argument like an insecure *****. If you're not smart enough to type better sentences, don't come in here trying to spew political agendas because I'll murder you every time. If we ever do cross paths in real life, feel free to throw a punch; I'll own you there too.

And it's spelled "you're" in this case, not "your". I would imagine someone with a such a profound reading comprehension would know the difference. Mayb ur writin ain't no gud but ur readin is supr gud riht?

Advertisement
Back