Brevin Jordan Misuse

Do you want your QB to have time to throw the ball? Also there are times Brevin is open and the QB goes elsewhere with the ball. You're much more intelligent that this. It's not always on the playcaller.

However our sacks are down and that is cause we have to keep him in the help pass pro.

So Brevin is the only person that can help block? Brevin can’t chip and then go out on a route?

Advertisement
Brevin is a solid in-blocker at TE, and needs to supply that role. Mallory is a weak blocker, and I doubt we'll see Irvin Jr do anything noteworthy. The other guy, Hope (?), a true freshman.

Honestly the most confusing thing is the use of Brevin and Mallory.

Brevin is an absolute beast and should be getting 5-6 catches every week, no questions asked.

Mallory showed on the opening drive against Central Michigan how effective he can be when used correctly...and I don't think we've thrown him a pass since. It also drives me nuts that we have Mallory and Njoku and yet we throw jump balls to Osborn, Thomas and Harley.
I hate to use the comparison considering recent events, but Brevin should be getting Kellen Winslow at Miami type PT...Jimmy Graham type burn

Advertisement
So Brevin is the only person that can help block? Brevin can’t chip and then go out on a route?

Brevin does exactly this on some plays.

The problem is the other TEs are poor blockers, and I don't know what's up with Realus George. He was supposed to be the blocking FB the team missed. I've only seen him as one of the upbacks on the punt team.

2019 Game Logs

ReceivingRushing
RkDateSchoolOpponentRecYdsAvgTDAttYdsAvgTD
12019-08-24Miami (FL)NFloridaL58817.61000
22019-09-07Miami (FL)@North CarolinaL67312.20000
32019-09-14Miami (FL)Bethune-CookmanW221.00000
42019-09-21Miami (FL)Central MichiganW37023.30000
52019-10-05Miami (FL)Virginia TechL713619.41000
62019-10-11Miami (FL)VirginiaW24824.00100.00
72019-10-19Miami (FL)Georgia TechL3217.00000
82019-10-26Miami (FL)@PittsburghW199.00000
92019-11-02Miami (FL)@Florida StateW6488.00000
9 Games3549514.12100.00

The fact that he has 5 games with less than 4 receptions is asinine. 2 TDs on the season? Are you F'ing kidding me. Even UF's TE has more TDs and like 30 less yards than Brevin. I know the offense feeds of JT4 but Brevin should be featured just as much. I don't understand how Enos who used the TE well at Arkansas can go thru stretches of multiple games where Brevin isn't involved. LB or S have no shot covering him. In the redzone, he is rarely featured. I could go on for days
Because our line had been so terrible, he was need to help Zion from getting beat off the snap & giving up free sacks

Enos sucks. Brevin isnt the only one not being used. Deejay isnt used enough, thomas, kj, pope, and etc. Bama #3 and 4 wrs has just as many catches as our #1 and 2.
It’s like that because bama primarily use mainly 3 receivers also Jaylen Waddle(not as much as last year though) and sparingly a tight end. Whereas Miami uses like 5-6 receivers pretty often in addition to a highly productive tight end that gets more targets in the offense than let’s say a bama tight end. So it’s spread out a bit more. Bama throws alittle more than Miami too because their running game isn’t that good this year and let’s face it they have tua. Miami nonexistent passing game in the uva/ga tech/ Pitt games really hurt our groups overall numbers and production but the receiver production ain’t been that bad.

D8604A42-6727-4B58-9214-625B0F274552.jpeg

F6867551-BE87-4F13-9D47-0B9A1881C02C.jpeg

Just look how our passing game numbers looked in 2018 compared to what we have 9 games in this year. The production will be much better overall than we had in 2018.
50F64086-69C4-4A98-A2F1-5E4BE15014A6.jpeg

Advertisement
I feel you OP but I think in certain schemes he's been asked to block more. No lie this probably cut down the sack ratio from opposing teams against us. Just shows how versatile he is! We still need to get him the ball in his hands at least on Goal Line situations . Hes definitely adding to his resume of tapes and game film for future NFL teams though. He's a PT PLAYER!

Go Canes!

Honestly the most confusing thing is the use of Brevin and Mallory.

Brevin is an absolute beast and should be getting 5-6 catches every week, no questions asked.

Mallory showed on the opening drive against Central Michigan how effective he can be when used correctly...and I don't think we've thrown him a pass since. It also drives me nuts that we have Mallory and Njoku and yet we throw jump balls to Osborn, Thomas and Harley.

The dude has also dropped some balls and cant block so I am not as concerned about Mallory as I am about Brevin's touches but Brevin is being used to shore up the pass blocking which was/is desperately needed.

It’s like that because bama primarily use mainly 3 receivers also Jaylen Waddle(not as much as last year though) and sparingly a tight end. Whereas Miami uses like 5-6 receivers pretty often in addition to a highly productive tight end that gets more targets in the offense than let’s say a bama tight end. So it’s spread out a bit more. Bama throws alittle more than Miami too because their running game isn’t that good this year and let’s face it they have tua. Miami nonexistent passing game in the uva/ga tech/ Pitt games really hurt our groups overall numbers and production but the receiver production ain’t been that bad.

View attachment 101164
View attachment 101165

Just look how our passing game numbers looked in 2018 compared to what we have 9 games in this year. The production will be much better overall than we had in 2018.
View attachment 101166
Bama had a TE last year and they had like 5 guys with at least 500 yards or more including the TE. Had 3 rbs over 700 yards. That's what happens in a modern offense. Enos has to go because the offense will continue to hold this team back.

Advertisement
I hate to use the comparison considering recent events, but Brevin should be getting Kellen Winslow at Miami type PT...Jimmy Graham type burn
Brevin needs more playing time and burn? What?!? Where are these games you guys are watching where the staff is keeping Brevin on the sidelines and not playing him? Other than the half he was injured this past weekend, I haven't seen one. Brevin should almost always be on the field, and Brevin has almost always been on the field.

tbh every college coordinator under utilizes their tight ends... brevin is averaging only about a catch less per game than the FBS leader in receptions for TE. think about how njoku was used, OJ howard, george kittle lmao. mizzou's pre season all american TE who will be a top 75 pick in the draft is averaging less than 3 catches per game. it's the same story everywhere.

still, we don't manufacture enough touches for brevin. it gets talked about openly in press conferences but still hasn't been rectified. he shouldn't go whole quarters without touching the ball.

First 4 games (Jarren Williams): 72% completions, 8.71 YPA
Next 4 games (Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams 1 qtr vs VT, 2 drives vs Pitt): 54.5% completions, 6.93 YPA
FSU (Jarren Williams): 56.8% completions, 8.5 YPA

Now on the season:

Kosi Perry: 56.6% completions (would rank 95th out of 100 qualified passers nationally if he had enough attempts), 7.2 YPA (76th nationally), 133.31 rating (71st)

Jarren Williams: 66.9% completions (22nd nationally), 8.4 YPA (23rd), 153.32 rating (26th)

Hmmmmmmm…...I wonder why the passing game was inept or a train wreck in the 3 games prior to FSU? Interesting. Can't draw any conclusions from this, that's for sure.

Because NKosi will throw the ball away Instead of taking sacks on purpose to fluff up ur completion percentage

Advertisement
Because NKosi will throw the ball away Instead of taking sacks on purpose to fluff up ur completion percentage
More like because N'Kosi only sees one receiver on the field on any given play, and tries to force it in to him or throw the ball away.

Brevin has gotten quite a few looks but obviously some more would be better (especially in the red zone). Mallory needs way more looks aka some looks period.

Advertisement
Back