Brevin Jordan Misuse

That’s a fallacy, the passing game HASNT been downright inept or train wreck for majority of the season but it was the 3 games prior to the FSU game
Ok. But other than a few weird things here and there like the goal line jet sweep, my eyes have seen **EDIT** #9 being used as much if not more than anyone on our offense pretty much every single game (even though we've sucked at times offensively and haven't had much to show for it). What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s a fallacy, the passing game HASNT been downright inept or train wreck for majority of the season but it was the 3 games prior to the FSU game

First 4 games (Jarren Williams): 72% completions, 8.71 YPA
Next 4 games (Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams 1 qtr vs VT, 2 drives vs Pitt): 54.5% completions, 6.93 YPA
FSU (Jarren Williams): 56.8% completions, 8.5 YPA

Now on the season:

Kosi Perry: 56.6% completions (would rank 95th out of 100 qualified passers nationally if he had enough attempts), 7.2 YPA (76th nationally), 133.31 rating (71st)

Jarren Williams: 66.9% completions (22nd nationally), 8.4 YPA (23rd), 153.32 rating (26th)

Hmmmmmmm…...I wonder why the passing game was inept or a train wreck in the 3 games prior to FSU? Interesting. Can't draw any conclusions from this, that's for sure.

Advertisement
First 4 games (Jarren Williams): 72% completions, 8.71 YPA
Next 4 games (Kosi Perry, Jarren Williams 1 qtr vs VT, 2 drives vs Pitt): 54.5% completions, 6.93 YPA
FSU (Jarren Williams): 56.8% completions, 8.5 YPA

Now on the season:

Kosi Perry: 56.6% completions (would rank 95th out of 100 qualified passers nationally if he had enough attempts), 7.2 YPA (76th nationally), 133.31 rating (71st)

Jarren Williams: 66.9% completions (22nd nationally), 8.4 YPA (23rd), 153.32 rating (26th)

Hmmmmmmm…...I wonder why the passing game was inept or a train wreck in the 3 games prior to FSU? Interesting. Can't draw any conclusions from this, that's for sure.
Awww, man, this post may put @KrazyCane on suicide watch!

Enos actually used his 2 NFL TEs incredibly well at Arkansas. Also, dunno how many trillion of times this needs to be repeated -- Kosi is a disaster of a QB.

This thread is baffling me; it's like I've been watching different games. While the whole offense has been a complete sh-t show at times, if you asked me to rank who we have utilized most on offense this season, I would list Deejay and Brevin as #1 and #2 without having to give it a second of thought.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's up with Mallory? Definitely should be in our red zone offense on those fade routes. Kid can't block worth a **** though.

What's up with Mallory? Definitely should be in our red zone offense on those fade routes. Kid can't block worth a **** though.
liability when it comes to blocking. Not like we can sell the run with him there, but I'd like to see him flexed out opposed to on the line more often, but then you have to ask yourself why not just do that with brevin.

liability when it comes to blocking. Not like we can sell the run with him there, but I'd like to see him flexed out opposed to on the line more often, but then you have to ask yourself why not just do that with brevin.
In the red zone, why not use both? Put Brevin on the line to block, or fake blocking and then leak out for a pass, while Mallory can be lined up wide or at the slot. Use his height and wingspan to our advantage, making for a better target on the fade or even in a short slant across the middle. I just find it odd that we throw so many endzone fades to 5'9" receivers like Harley while Mallory sits on the bench.

Advertisement
2019 Game Logs

RkDateSchoolOpponentRecYdsAvgTDAttYdsAvgTD
ReceivingRushing
12019-08-24Miami (FL)NFloridaL58817.61000
22019-09-07Miami (FL)@North CarolinaL67312.20000
32019-09-14Miami (FL)Bethune-CookmanW221.00000
42019-09-21Miami (FL)Central MichiganW37023.30000
52019-10-05Miami (FL)Virginia TechL713619.41000
62019-10-11Miami (FL)VirginiaW24824.00100.00
72019-10-19Miami (FL)Georgia TechL3217.00000
82019-10-26Miami (FL)@PittsburghW199.00000
92019-11-02Miami (FL)@Florida StateW6488.00000
9 Games3549514.12100.00
The fact that he has 5 games with less than 4 receptions is asinine. 2 TDs on the season? Are you F'ing kidding me. Even UF's TE has more TDs and like 30 less yards than Brevin. I know the offense feeds of JT4 but Brevin should be featured just as much. I don't understand how Enos who used the TE well at Arkansas can go thru stretches of multiple games where Brevin isn't involved. LB or S have no shot covering him. In the redzone, he is rarely featured. I could go on for days

Jordan stays in and blocks also so he contributes more than just a pass catcher. He will put up more numbers this year and next. He will be more than fine.

Brevin is a better blocker which limits him to pass protection at times and when selling the run you can slip him out on play action. But I agree that they should use Mallory more in the way you suggest. He should be a match up nightmare especially in the red zone on fade routes or in the back of end zone.

In the red zone, why not use both? Put Brevin on the line to block, or fake blocking and then leak out for a pass, while Mallory can be lined up wide or at the slot. Use his height and wingspan to our advantage, making for a better target on the fade or even in a short slant across the middle. I just find it odd that we throw so many endzone fades to 5'9" receivers like Harley while Mallory sits on the bench.
Exactly!

Those two could create so many mismatches in the red zone. Use them both. Such a waste.

Advertisement
Need tight ends to block when your o-line is bad.

But we also use Mallory COMPLETELY WRONG.

He is essentially a wide receiver. Dude cant block to save his life and that's what we have him doing. He should line up wide.

It can create a mismatch if the defense thinks hes just there to block but it's still a crime to not incorporate him into the passing game. If anyone should transfer, its him. Doesnt fit Enos' scheme and is being misused.

FSU is the only game I understand and that is because of injury. Other than that, Enos is ****in me off
Do you want your QB to have time to throw the ball? Also there are times Brevin is open and the QB goes elsewhere with the ball. You're much more intelligent that this. It's not always on the playcaller.

However our sacks are down and that is cause we have to keep him in the help pass pro.

I think we’ve lined up in something similar to that before but this offense is so inconsistent we probably took a sack or had to throw it out of the end zone. That alignment should be money all day.

Advertisement
Back