Brevin Jordan Misuse

Advertisement
Every time he makes a good block he’s helping us win and improving his draft stock. It’s not all about catches.

Brevin is doing what he needs to do, plus he’s getting his.
He’s becoming more of a complete tight end this year and some of his blocks go unnoticed but they absolutely help. He’s already doing much better as a receiver this year too and that’s even with him being underused in a couple of games. Scouts see that

Bruce Arians has done the same thing with OJ Howard and Cam Brate that Enos is doing with Jordan & Mallory. If you don't detach your TEs from the formation it's hard to forcefeed them targets.

If it wasn't for the designed screens Jordan would barely touch the ball. It's too easy for defenses to provide help when he's running routes inside. Plus Enos designs his play action to either isolate deep throws or hit WRs on the deep dig. Usually TEs are prime targets off PA not blockers.

The dude has also dropped some balls and cant block so I am not as concerned about Mallory as I am about Brevin's touches but Brevin is being used to shore up the pass blocking which was/is desperately needed.

He did drop some passes, but oftentimes you need to catch a few to get on a run. Witness Wiggins last week.

I'm just saying, dropped passes weren't an issue when he just destroyed CMU on that opening drive, and then to go away from him and not feed the hot hand was yet another example of me not understanding what the **** Enos is trying to do.

Mallory gets rag dolled every time someone touches him and if u didn’t notice we have blocking issues . Surprise , he isn’t getting burn .... oh yeah and he dropped some early season crucial passes. Es this really the time for attention posts that make no sense?

Advertisement
With that being said I would Like to see him used more near the goal line though because he’s a mismatch for any defender

but THIS is why he’s used so much in blocking. He just makes things happen and is a complete tight end. Look at how he blocks that end

Advertisement
Ok. But other than a few weird things here and there like the goal line jet sweep, my eyes have seen #8 being used as much if not more than anyone on our offense pretty much every single game (even though we've sucked at times offensively and haven't had much to show for it). What am I missing here?
I would say 3 more than 8

Advertisement
Brevin should be used just like Zach Ertz...mainly inline where he can get lost at the line and run option routes based on alignment and coverage.

Mallory should be used like Penn St used Gesicki and OU used Mark Andrews.....flexed out, creating mismatches with safeties and LBs.

We don't take advantage of matchups outside the first scripted series. You can't tell me Jarren would prefer to throw to a small target like Harley on 3rd and 5 vs larger catch radius guys like Brevin or Mallory.

Brevin should be used just like Zach Ertz...mainly inline where he can get lost at the line and run option routes based on alignment and coverage.

Mallory should be used like Penn St used Gesicki and OU used Mark Andrews.....flexed out, creating mismatches with safeties and LBs.

We don't take advantage of matchups outside the first scripted series. You can't tell me Jarren would prefer to throw to a small target like Harley on 3rd and 5 vs larger catch radius guys like Brevin or Mallory.

i thought thats how we would use mallory this year given his issues in blocking.

Advertisement
Yes, it's a conspiracy, if he gets open we're not throwing him the ball.
You people are stupid

Brevin attracts a lot coverage, which is good, they pay special attention to him. When the play develops, often he's not the best choice. That helps the team.

Brevin needs more playing time and burn? What?!? Where are these games you guys are watching where the staff is keeping Brevin on the sidelines and not playing him? Other than the half he was injured this past weekend, I haven't seen one. Brevin should almost always be on the field, and Brevin has almost always been on the field.
I refer to burn in regards to targets, I can see the confusion by my statement. He isn't featured enough was my point

Advertisement
Back