32019-09-14Miami (FL)Bethune-CookmanW221.00000
42019-09-21Miami (FL)Central MichiganW37023.30000
52019-10-05Miami (FL)Virginia TechL713619.41000
62019-10-11Miami (FL)VirginiaW24824.00100.00
72019-10-19Miami (FL)Georgia TechL3217.00000
82019-10-26Miami (FL)@PittsburghW199.00000
92019-11-02Miami (FL)@Florida StateW6488.00000
9 Games3549514.12100.00

The fact that he has 5 games with less than 4 receptions is asinine. 2 TDs on the season? Are you F'ing kidding me. Even UF's TE has more TDs and like 30 less yards than Brevin. I know the offense feeds of JT4 but Brevin should be featured just as much. I don't understand how Enos who used the TE well at Arkansas can go thru stretches of multiple games where Brevin isn't involved. LB or S have no shot covering him. In the redzone, he is rarely featured. I could go on for days

Advertisement
We have been using him to block more lately which could be a reason for lack of targets. He’s not the only receiver who was affected by lack of an efficient passing game after the va tech game. He has been misused from the uva to Pitt game as he was barely even targeted. But he Was well on his way to a big day against FSU but he was held out of the game for much if not all of the second half. And the uf tight end is pretty good but he’s only averaging 12 yards a reception while Brevin is averaging 14 yards a reception

Honestly the most confusing thing is the use of Brevin and Mallory.

Brevin is an absolute beast and should be getting 5-6 catches every week, no questions asked.

Mallory showed on the opening drive against Central Michigan how effective he can be when used correctly...and I don't think we've thrown him a pass since. It also drives me nuts that we have Mallory and Njoku and yet we throw jump balls to Osborn, Thomas and Harley.

To add to your point, Mallory is most certainly not the same caliber as Brevin but the guy can't be a total bodybag...we were gloating about how our 2 TE's would wreak havoc on the CFB world and our #2 is stuck with 3 receptions for 70 yards and a TD on the season.

Advertisement
We have been using him to block more lately which could be a reason for lack of targets. He has been misused from the uva to Pitt game as he was barely even targeted. Was well on his way to a big day against FSU but he was held out of the game for much if not all of the second half

Definitely could be because of the young O-line but there's got to be packages where even if the TE's chip they could leak out no?

We have been using him to block more lately which could be a reason for lack of targets. He has been misused from the uva to Pitt game as he was barely even targeted. Was well on his way to a big day against FSU but he was held out of the game for much if not all of the second half. And the uf tight end is pretty good but he’s only averaging 12 yards a reception while Brevin is averaging 14 yards a reception

FSU is the only game I understand and that is because of injury. Other than that, Enos is ****in me off

He’s being misused and his numbers are still ridiculous for a college tight end. Brevin is a true Cane in the DeeJay/Bandy/Shaq mold. He deserves a 10 win team, hope he gets it next year.

You make a good point OP

Advertisement
2019 Game Logs

RkDateSchoolOpponentRecYdsAvgTDAttYdsAvgTD
ReceivingRushing
12019-08-24Miami (FL)NFloridaL58817.61000
22019-09-07Miami (FL)@North CarolinaL67312.20000
32019-09-14Miami (FL)Bethune-CookmanW221.00000
42019-09-21Miami (FL)Central MichiganW37023.30000
52019-10-05Miami (FL)Virginia TechL713619.41000
62019-10-11Miami (FL)VirginiaW24824.00100.00
72019-10-19Miami (FL)Georgia TechL3217.00000
82019-10-26Miami (FL)@PittsburghW199.00000
92019-11-02Miami (FL)@Florida StateW6488.00000
9 Games3549514.12100.00
The fact that he has 5 games with less than 4 receptions is asinine. 2 TDs on the season? Are you F'ing kidding me. Even UF's TE has more TDs and like 30 less yards than Brevin. I know the offense feeds of JT4 but Brevin should be featured just as much. I don't understand how Enos who used the TE well at Arkansas can go thru stretches of multiple games where Brevin isn't involved. LB or S have no shot covering him. In the redzone, he is rarely featured. I could go on for days

He's top 3 in the nation in TE receptions and yards I believe. On pace for about 45-50 catches...WTF do you want? And you are counting Bethune Cookman, so who cares if he had zero or 8 catches in that game?

We have been using him to block more lately which could be a reason for lack of targets. He’s not the only receiver who was affected by lack of an efficient passing game after the va tech game. He has been misused from the uva to Pitt game as he was barely even targeted. But he Was well on his way to a big day against FSU but he was held out of the game for much if not all of the second half. And the uf tight end is pretty good but he’s only averaging 12 yards a reception while Brevin is averaging 14 yards a reception
Exactly. I would like to see more TE screens with him like we saw in the first few weeks. Keeps the DE's/LB's on their toes more

Brevin is an absolute beast and should be getting 5-6 catches every week, no questions asked.

Mallory showed on the opening drive against Central Michigan how effective he can be when used correctly...and I don't think we've thrown him a pass since. It also drives me nuts that we have Mallory and Njoku and yet we throw jump balls to Osborn, Thomas and Harley.
Agreed. Can't understand why Mallory hasn't been in on more red zone possessions. Brevin lined up as a traditional TE, Mallory in the slot, and Osborn makes a lot more sense in the RZ than Osborne, Thomas, and Harley.

Advertisement
He's top 3 in the nation in TE receptions and yards I believe. On pace for about 45-50 catches...WTF do you want? And you are counting Bethune Cookman, so who cares if he had zero or 8 catches in that game?

I care because a guy like him in the Redzone, you know the place we struggle is a mismatch. Oh you know how we suck on 3rd down, another area he should be feasting. So being top 3 and all that is cool, but can you honestly say those yards and catches reflect to significant plays or crucial downs? If you can't see my point, then I can't help you

We threw him a pass in the Pitt game....he was wide open and Kosi rifled the ball 400 feet above his head.

Enos has been bad, but in the games the offense has bogged down (aka all of them) there have been plays to be made, they're just not being made at a rate you'd like.

Advertisement
I care because a guy like him in the Redzone, you know the place we struggle is a mismatch. Oh you know how we suck on 3rd down, another area he should be feasting. So being top 3 and all that is cool, be can you honestly say those yards and catches reflect to significant plays or crucial downs?

And no matter if we like it or not, we have trouble protecting...So there are some plays we do keep him in.

Jordan is not being used perfectly, he is in an offense which has been mediocre in protection, QB play, and also learning a new system most of the year. But I think is being used a lot and very good in some ways. Defenses also know he is the best player on this offense. Let's hope he continues to grow in the offense.

I can understand using a TE to help the tackles, what I don't get is why that TE is Brevin, he should be running routes, even if he has to line up on the slot/outside, he's better than any of ours WRs(JT4maybe can have an edge).
People saying he's producing well for a TE in college are missing the point, our complaint is he's a playmaker, one of our very best players, so why not use him to his full potential and help the offense.
6 catches in 3 games is rough, but it goes to show how this offense has been without rythm for most of the year.

IMO, and that's all it is, Brevin's stats are simply a reflection of what a trainwreck our offense has been, especially the passing game. I've felt Brevin has been very utilized all season, relatively speaking. I haven't had a sense myself that he hasn't been one of THE key parts of the offense in any game. It's just that the whole offense has been downright inept for much of the season.

IMO, and that's all it is, Brevin's stats are simply a reflection of what a trainwreck our offense has been, especially the passing game. I've felt Brevin has been very utilized all season, relatively speaking. I haven't had a sense myself that he hasn't been one of THE key parts of the offense in any game. It's just that the whole offense has been downright inept for much of the season.
That’s a fallacy, the passing game HASNT been downright inept or train wreck for majority of the season but it was the 3 games prior to the FSU game

Advertisement
Back