Brett Gabbert

You said Malik Rosier **** Kosi has to be below 50% too what's your point?

My point is in coach Richt's offense being short is major problem. If move to a spread offense and roll the pocket than I like the idea kicking the tires on the young man. An bringing him for quality QB depth.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I saw a lot of those same good things you saw too. The things I kind of targeted as potential issues is he seemed to have a propensity to have one read on plays and lock there, and his release, while not awful, seemed somewhat like Malik. Kind of long and not as snappy as I would have thought.

Both of which can be coached out of a player, but not sure if we have the right people in place for that. Still a take.

Most high school offenses design plays to make easy reads for the QB. It's up to our staff to do the same regardless of who the QB is. You're right about the release and that may never change, however the ability to slide in the pocket and create space is something Malik is incapable of doing. So I don't see batted balls as a major issue like some do but certainly a slower release combined with subpar velocity can give defenders a jump on the ball.

Advertisement
I like going after this type of QB, especially given what's already on campus. From what I can see, his production is excellent and he's quick. Can't tell too much more without seeing him live.

Interesting that we would go after a guy like this after passing on Scalzo.

Not a bad prospect, seems tough and athletic with decent release speed (at least when he is throwing with his feet set). Arm strength doesn't look very good (he's putting his whole body into some of those intermediate throws).

The play at 5:13 is very promising -- blitzing LB comes in late, OL just barely clips him, but Brett takes a slight step forward in the pocket and delivers a throw on time without overreacting to the pressure.

My point is in coach Richt's offense being short is major problem. If move to a spread offense and roll the pocket than I like the idea kicking the tires on the young man. An bringing him for quality QB depth.

Go Canes
Lmao so explain why a tall qb has a similar %... man you reaching like ****..

Advertisement
Accuracy would be the main thing I would look, you can get far with that, with athletes we recruit

Things to look for in a qb when you have excellent skill position players

1. Accuracy
2. Accuracy
3. Football iq
4. Pocket awareness
5. Release time (long wind ups are qb killers)
6. Arm strength
#495. Qb height

I like this kid. Reality is that unless we landed an elite 5 star qb this year, Kosi is qb for 2019 and 2020, then Williams (assuming he stays) in 2021 2022, then Johnson 2023-?

Gabbert is good for depth and maybe he surprises everyone and steals the job from Williams.

He looks short, you can see where P5 D1 linemen would knock down his passes.

Think ahead to 2022 when Mike Leach is running the offense. Height wont be an issue. One of the advantages of the OL taking huge splits in Leach's Air Raid is throwing lanes for shorter qbs. Rick should stockpile accurate QBs for his WSU successor.

Lmao so explain why a tall qb has a similar %... man you reaching like ****..

I would use the scholarship for an athlete that can play QB/RB/DT such as 2019 Jumbo athlete Joshua Bubba Johnson. Who at 350lbs runs a 5.2sec 40yd which is smoking fast for that size.

Advertisement
I would use the scholarship for an athlete that can play QB/RB/DT such as 2019 Jumbo athlete Joshua Bubba Johnson. Who at 350lbs runs a 5.2sec 40yd which is smoking fast for that size.

Naw.. I would rather us take a OT prospect or a QB.. I think William's or Perry transfers and Weldon can't be trusted.

Offers all from Ivy league schools or the MAC.

Feels like Evan Sherriefs...but I'd rather this kid than nobody in the class.

MAC QBs have been very good and sounds like he might be smart enough to learn the playbook. LOL

Advertisement
Dont care about his height but arm strength looks a bit weak. **** it though, sign him up!

Advertisement
Back